“Service a bit slow, but I have found the best taro puffs in the metro!”

HK Choi by Choi Garden
Ranked #168 of 488 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had lunch here at around 2:30pm on a weekday, to avoid the mad lunch rush. I went by myself and just got a braised beef noodle soup and an order of taro puffs. While the soup came promptly (and was very generous— enough for two people, even!), my taro puffs took awhile and a follow up before they arrived. I was done with my soup by then so it wasn't quite the meal experience I was expecting.

I did order a take-away taro puff order as I found theirs wonderfully rich and crispy, and my take out didn't take much time to cook at all. Perhaps my first order of taro puffs was just forgotten?

In any case, the food was really good. Best taro puffs I've had in a long while, better even than Emerald Garden's and definitely better than the low-to-mid range ones found in Hap Chan or President's/David's Tea House. Also notable is the price, I paid just over PHP 500 for my big meal. Considering it was enough for two people, I'd say that's a bargain.

1  Thank encreverte

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by the service and food we enjoyed in this restaurant. Reminded me of an old favorite chinese restaurant that closed years ago (Kingfisher at Rockwell). They did an excellent job with two of their noodle dishes, and with their crispy lemon chicken. I usually have sauces of certain dishes (e.g. lemon chicken) served on-the-side in order to prevent some cooking from getting too "masked" by the sauce. This restaurant far surpasses others in the same category. Nice dining area, but could be a bit cooler. Will visit this place again.

1  Thank M M
Reviewed November 21, 2012

They have expanded their menu and they are good Chinese food, quite authentic. The roast duck and roast pork are really Hong Kong style. Broccoli was done perfectly. Salt and pepper spare ribs, so so.. I do not know if they're renovating but the place looks a bit run down and it's hot inside.
Service can still be improved. Manager was ok.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is my favorite Chinese resto in Megamall as it serves real good food. I love the Peking Duck here and the dimsum. The Hainanese chicken is also good, ditto with other traditional Chinese cuisine. The service is also good and the place is relatively clean. All told, you get all these satisfaction at reasonable price.

1  Thank Jude T
Reviewed July 20, 2012

it is always my pleasure to eat at choi garden in green hills. not only it is mine, but it is my family's favourite restaurant. we eat there quite often.

1  Thank sarahcheng328