“My favorite place to dine in my hometown!”

The Frazzled Cook and His Dazzling Dishes
Ranked #300 of 455 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 2 782 5980.
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“My favorite place to dine in my hometown!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love Frazzled Cook to bits! I will definitely eat here over and over again! Salpicao was lala-love and so was the pumpkin soup. :) Must admit it's a bit pricey but I love the place and the food! :)

• Visited March 2012

Manila, Philippines
“Great food and ambience but quite pricey”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I had a chance to taste this restaurant after a reccomendation from a good friend. The place was cozy with chairs that are totally different somewhat like a clean but antique furniture shop.
We ordered spicy chicken kabab, spicy lamb kabab, squid salad and the rib eye steak. Food was presented well but for its price it was pricey. Rib eye steak was 925 which doesnt feel that much. Chicken kabab was 250 and this tasted well and serving was quite generous, the lamb was 450 pesos. All in all, I think I will come back at this resto but wouldnt order their steaks.

Manila, Philippines
“Cozy ambience and great foods!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

When i saw this secret resto from the net, i quickly searched for some reviews and planned my visit with my boyfriend. When we found the place, it was interesting becoz the area is not a typical busy street so absolutely it is quiet and sort of a relaxing dinner. We were greeted by this friendly gentleman and led us to the main door. When we entered the resto, i noticed the cozy and classy ambiance and was immediately assisted to our designated table. We ordered the best seller's delight like Herbed Chicken Salad with Basil Vinaigrette, Pizza Caprese, Spicy Cajun Fish and Saffron Rice, Grilled spicy beef short ribs with mashed potato, paella negro and pancake ala mode for the desert. The food was all cooked perfectly, the taste is just right and incomparable, the price is just right for its portion. We wanted to finish everything that we ordered but we are only 2 so we ended up super full and decided to take out the left overs. All in all, the service, food quality, value for money will give them excellency! thanks to the chef and to the friendly owners of this restaurant!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank dubaiwarrior
ca
“Very Romantic”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Heard about this place before but only had the chance to visit lately. I was not surprised by how many good reviews this quaint restaurant have had over the years! Food was great especially the pizza caprese and beef salpicao and pancak ala mode. Homemade Ice tea was more on the sweet side. The staff were very kind and accomodating. Ambiance was stylish, nothing too fancy. It's like my grandma's house with a little fairytale twist. One of the best dates I have ever had! :) Will definitely come back sometime soon! :)

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank tiffani081883
Pasig, Philippines
“Perhaps being frazzled has taken the dazzle out of the dishes.”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Although the place exudes a certain novelty due to its "Frankenstein-ian" interior decoration; the location - tucked in a secluded corner between shaw boulevard and a residential district - lacks sufficient parking area, as is the case with most establishments in the Philippines. Some people might find the interior attractive as it jumbles together various paintings, armoires, postcards stuck to white-washed walls, novelty dated advertisements, tables, couches of various origins and quality and up to a certain extent it does possess a peculiar beauty - it doesn't however help to enhance the quality of the food.

Like most restaurants in the Philippines it suffers from an "identity" crisis thats derived from an explosion of several cuisines and a coming together of said influences. You get a smatter of Italian, American, Spanish, Filipino, and many more. I must admit that to mastering one is already difficult, how much more combining two or more! I surmise that the food quality might have taken a hit from this fusion confusion. READ ON:

The Grilled Chicken Rosemary was overcooked and had a very unpalatable taste to it, almost metallic, perhaps due to the dried rosemary used in cooking - the leg part was used so it was also a bit tough.
Tenderloin and sausage pizza - enough said. Basic meat and aromatice vegetable flavors put together on top of bread (the dough was so-so). Simple and good - nothing mind-blowing yet again good.
I also ordered the Cheese stacks and i'd have to say it was good in so far as grilled cheese sandwiches go - perfect! I loved it.

Perhaps the worst experience I had in this restaurant would have to be the Grilled Beef Spareribs with Mixed Pasta and the Paella. Terrible, terrible dishes. The Paella was overcooked and did not at all taste like paella, it was very very dry - shouldnt be called paella at all. The Grilled beef spare ribs on the other hand had great potential except that the beef was a little overcooked, soft but overcooked, it had lost its beefy flavor, the pasta was terrible. The flavor i could not understand it was confusing.

The Frazzled COok did have a couple of Dazzling dishes up his/her sleeve. The burger was good, it was cooked and the flavor i could not get a hold of yet it was pleasing to the palate - again it is as good as burgers go not the most dazzling but dazzling nonetheless.

Finally, the desserts are perhaps the saving grace, whoever thought of putting dessert as the last part of any meal experience must've been a genius and the proprietor of "The Frazzled Cook..." has that person to thank because the Pancake a la mode and the crepe are to die for!

Service is good as well!

not too pricey!

Barely handled my party of 11, even with reservations so i suggest calling before hand.

I would go back only because of the cozy and attractive interior and the simple and amazing desserts, but the food i might have to second thoughts - maybe for the sake of trying some of the other dishes I would go back.

• Visited July 2011