“Good enough”

Crown Regency Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #42 of 82 Hotels in Makati
“Good enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

For the cheap rate we paid for, I'd say we were able to get value for our money. Hotel is very near the malls (SM, Glorietta) which makes it very convenient for us.

The staff are friendly. Rooms were fine although the floor under the bed was very dirty. The hotel room's floor is slippery too.

Great that they have wifi although sonetimes the connection was bad.

It's not a 5 star hotel but if you're on a budget trip - it's not that bad.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Patricia S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
abdn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We just stayed here for our first night in Makati as it was a very late flight in we thought we would save a bit of money and move to our proper hotel next day. HOW WRONG WE WERE.

The only plus points were the free Wi-Fi and the staff (they were making good of a bad time).

The bad points, the rooms were small dark and dirty, the 'dodgy' characters hanging around outside late at night, it is not lit up outside, the early morning wake up call by hammering on our wall, and just when you think you have had your fill you go down to breakfast (optional extra) non guests are sitting at the tables shouting and laughing. This is when you really want some nice peace and quite but no! And what made things worse there were paying guests standing waiting for a table

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Cebu Island, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I think the hotel was grand when it first opened many years ago. I liked the marbled bathroom and countertop. That's about it, however.

Overall, it was a terrible experience for us. I've read many bad reviews about the hotel, but decided to take a chance. That was a bad decision and a waste of money. We've stayed in several hotels of similar price range within the Greenbelt area and this hotel is the worst.
If you want to be near the malls in Makati, I suggest that you pay a little bit more and stay at better-rated hotels.

If you do decide to take a chance and try out the hotel, ask for a room facing the main road. You willl hear the traffic below, but at least the room will be brighter.

PROS:
* Not quite so near, but walking distance (around 5 minutes) to SM Makati, which is linked to other malls in the area like Glorietta, Landmark, Greenbelt;
* Convenience store around the corner; and
* Along main road -- getting a taxi isn't a problem.

CONS:
* Wifi signal is very weak -- can't use the internet inside the room;
* Dim rooms;
* Old rooms, dirty/faulty AC, moldy bathrooms -- not the cleanest and definitely not very comfortable to stay in; and
* Service was so-so -- we had the impression that staff didn't really care about what they were doing.

Breakfast was simple and limited.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Harbor, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed of our experiences in this hotel. The shuttle picked us up from the airport.I paid the driver the amount that we agreed on the phone 1,000.00 pesos. When I checked out the desk receptionist were charging me another 1,500.00 pesos. I told him I already paid the driver the night that he dropped us off to the hotel. He did not believe me and he let me to talked to the driver and he thought it was his tip the fact that I also given him a seperate amount for his tip.When I made my reservation brakfast, it is supposed to be included , but it wasn't my husband and I had to pay for our breakfast. The over all service was horrible. The room is tight. Bathroom leaks and smelly. The towels very old. We are supposed to comeback there from our trip from Legaspi City. I asked my husband to cancel our reservation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria B
Makati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

At a business I booked in to this hotel. The service is good, and no problems with staff that's attentive and helpful. Even if they don't deliver breakfast at the room, they did for me.

The main problems with this hotel is an over filled parking making it extremely difficult to use your own car as you might return to the hotel with no available parking spaces as I experienced.

At another note, the mobile phone (data) reception is absolutely non existing with SUN broadband (at that time, might be better now) and it was not possible to use data at that time in the hotel room. Also the AC unit right outside the window is noisy to a degree its annoying.

Location is good, a short walk to the malls, but as its a side street and very dark and quiet at night walking alone is not recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aumo
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for a night last December. Rooms have seen better days but are still comfortable. Quite small but bearable. CRT type TVs in the room and the bathroom we got needs a bit of improvement already since the decay are starting to show. Wifi in our room was no problem. Location is also good. Breakfast was filling and quite good, maybe it was because of the Christmas season. Parking can be pain since it is limited. Had to park across at Park Square and had to pay for it. Was promised by the front desk that they will reserve a parking slot then call me but it didn't happen. Over-all, a ho-hum place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colombo, Sri Lanka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a business visits for two times. First for one week and then for two weeks.

Negatives :
1. WI-FI and Internet was the worst thing that you have here. Even though how much you complained to the front desk you don't get anything positive.
2. Food was terrible in the breakfast as you will never enjoy them as a South Asian
3. They are not putting new water bottles when they made up the room and you need to call again and again to get them.

Positives :
1. Location is good for shopping and the area is very clean.
2. Room is OK for a stay despite not having enough space.
3. Gym is good