“Quality has gone down, sadly”
Review of Cyma

Cyma
Ranked #73 of 1,400 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Manila
“Quality has gone down, sadly”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVEEEE Cyma. Every chance i got, i'd eat in or order out from here, esp for quick dinner fixes, their Roka Salata or their Summer Salad (Horiatiki) were my favorites
I had dinner in Cyma last Sunday after around 6 months of not being able to visit. To my dismay, their Roka Salata tasted... different! The dressing was runnier, the sundried tomatoes were sourer than usual, and it just was as good as before. (Like, i'd rate the roka salata of old a perfect 10, this one is around a 6, TOPS!)

Today, a friend invited me for lunch and we decided to go to Cyma again! As an attempt to convince myself that the Roka Salata tasted just good, and my tastebuds were probably having an offday last Sunday, i ordered this again. Lo and behold, my fears were confirmed. It was just not good enough.

We also ordered Acropolis pasta, my family's fave pasta in Cyma. I don't think its in the menu but you can order it from them. EEP. It still tastes good (probably an 8), but not the perfect 10 pasta it used to be!!!

WHAT HAPPENED, Cyma?!?!?!

I noticed that your whole menu had a revamp but i sure hope that the quality and taste would be back to what it was.

(oh okay, or maybe its just the GB2 branch)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank sandnshore

• Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“Descent”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Been twice in Cyma. Since its hard to find decent greek restaurant in Manila, I could not complain that much. Mussaka were quiet good same as Tarama and dolmadakia (rice rolled with wine leaves). It’s bit overpriced for what you get though. It’s also pity that you don’t really feel greek atmosphere inside the restaurant. Maybe not expecting band, but bit more Mediterranean ambience.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank bobOkinawa
Maui, Hawaii
“Another resto of great food and class”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Looking forward to my next meal at Cyma. Great food and ambience. Exudes class and great place to be with peers.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank junn777 n
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh, generous salads”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Conveniently located in the Greenbelt shopping complex this bright, airy restaurant serves a hearty selection of mezze and lovely, fresh salads that are restorative on a hot day. Fairly priced given the portion size.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank geejaypea888
Quezon City, Philippines
“My first time in a Greek-inspired resto and it was good!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had dinner with my college friends, - two couples who have just come form the US and a lady banker. SInce I knew my US friends were into healthy eating, I decided that we meet at Cyma. This place was recommended by my son who said the food was interesting. The only Greek food I know was baklava so we had to ask the waiter for the house specialties. My friend did a research on the menu and was also suggesting things. We ordered two salads, the seafood kabob, paella, grilled salmon, and for starters, a spinach and artichoke fondue. We ordered baklava for dessert to be served at the end of the meal. Food was delicious and interesting. The 2 salads were so different - one had slices of tomato, olives, capers and cucumber and flavored by feta cheese; the other was composed of different lettuce varieties with a sweetish vinaigrette and caramelized walnuts. The seafood kabob consisted of 2 skewers of swordfish and vegetables, served with wholewheat pita bread, a yoghurt dip and pickled veggies. It was a generous serving. The grilled salmon was juicy and flavored with dill. The paella was a good size and had chunks of chicken, chorizo, mussels, clams, scallops and shrimps. We had the baklava with cafe amerikano. The baklava was really delicious and had a generous amount of nuts. IT was perfect with the black coffee. All in all, it was an exceptional dining experience and it didn't hurt that the prices were very affordable. Certainly, another restaurant I would go back to.

• Visited October 2012