“Water spinach salad to die for!”
Review of People's Palace

People's Palace
Ranked #2 of 1,416 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had to check out this place from all the reviews. We ordered the water spinach salad for entree. OMG amazing! Fresh, crispy tasty, would eat that again any day of the week. The lapu lapu red curry and chicken and cashew were ordered for mains. Both great dishes, balanced flavour. The water spinach salad I could rave about all day, clearly the highlight. We will be eating here again before we leave.

There are newer reviews for People's Palace

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I eat at People's Palace each time I visit the Philippines. Food is prepared very well, authentic and very nicely presented.

This time we had to use an outside table for dinner, as all inside tables were reserved. Not the restaurant's fault, but an inconsiderate woman just about 2 feet from us, even before she had her meal, lighted a cigarette while we were in the middle of our meal. It's high time Makati passes an ordinance banning smoking in all public places - especially in dining areas.

Despite the excellent food, you get the feeling the service is somewhat done grudgingly. I'd always still come back, but excellent food is best with excellent service.

1  Thank ALuis79
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We went on a Sunday, at an in between time, around 4:30. Because of this we were, for a time, the only people in the restaurant. It was obviously shift change time. Our first waiter was clearly not happy having to serve us. He forgot my drink, entirely. Hubby's meal came out first, and he was just about done by the time mine came out. I asked for brown rice, but when my food was finally delivered, no rice at all. I asked for some, and when the second waiter brought over the serving bowl of rice, it was white rice. I asked again for brown rice, and he had to go back to the kitchen to find out that they didn't have any made yet. All the while, we are watching as they vacuumed the floor and completed side work. (Yes, I was a waitress for years, so I know what is going on.) I had to stand up and get my own napkins, and had to stand up again to get someone to bring us water, since clearly my drink was forgotten. The food was fair. We had just spent a month in Thailand and I will tell you, there is no comparison. It was not bad, just not great. Extremely average. Perhaps they should close between lunch and dinner, so they can get their work done without the intrusion of paying guests.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We wanted to love this restaurant after the reviews. We often eat Thai food and expect to get lots of flavour in the dishes. The Pomelo Shrimp salad delivered on the fresh herbs (keffir, basil, cilantro, etc) and the flavour and was very enjoyable. It didn't contain any chilli but that is appropriate. I would recommend it.
The batter lapu lapu (grouper) red curry was very bland. It missed sauce with only enough sauce to coat the bed of cabbage under the fish... and it would be a stretch to say it was had any chilli...the picture explains it perfectly. The fish was tasty, although a tad dry. We asked for hot sauce expecting something homemade and what we got was red hot sauce from a bottle which was not appropriate for this cuisine.

I asked the waiter why it lacked oompf? He said the local taste is not for chilli and more on the sweet side. Which probably explains why the juice drinks are sweet. He said to request the dish spicy and the chef will comply. I wish I had known that in advance.

Inside can be very noisy when it fills with people. service was very good. Outside there are really nice tables under lots of greenery. I would have preferred to dine outside but the weather was 30C+

Reviewed June 30, 2014

loved the soft shell crab and the ambience ,, I was there for work and had my meals payed for .. so I cannot comment on the price .The food was delicious
Loved how they gave you insect repellent