All reviews infinity pool roberto cavalli business suite nespresso machine bedroom suite makati skyline washer dryer soft opening full kitchen ayala avenue guest services in room dining room service luxurious hotel living area world class yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

I have booked my stay for holy week for a solemn and relaxing staycation. After our checkout from Shangrila the fort (10k) my big family transfered to this hotel, but sorry to say that your hotel rates (11k) and the quality of our stay is too far low as compare to the service and expirience I received from the former hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
DPA_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Good day Jan L,

We regret to learn you feel this way about your stay with us over the Easter weekend, and are a bit surprised at such score on the cited basis. Should you wish to share with us additional insights, any constructive feedback would be most appreciated. You may reach us at primea@discovery.com.ph. We wish you a wonderful week ahead.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

We stay in different hotels and try different types of accommodation, though I rarely ever write a review, I felt I had to give my detailed feedback this time. I write this with sincerity and hoping the management will take my feedback so that they could improve and live up to that 5 star claim 365 days of the year, even during maximum capacity or peak season.

We decided to skip the Holy Week crowd and enjoy a staycation. Choosing between Conrad, Hyatt and Discovery Primea, I chose the latter since we have previously stayed at Discovery Shores and was immensely impressed by the seamless service. The luxury hospitality aspirations of this brand is supposedly legendary. I was beyond excited.

Check in was polite enough although a bit abrupt and lacking the "warmth" that Discovery is supposed to be known for. We were accommodated with an early check in which was great. The room was a business flat, clean, in modern traditional style and very spacious. I booked under the Easter promo the night before which included a "Special Easter Welcome Amenity" and discounts on in room dining, etc. About an hour after settling in the room, I was curious where the welcome amenity was and actually quite excited so I called the guest services and asked for it. Somehow the girl responded with a usual answer "I will verify Po, or double check." I waited for another hour and nothing came so we decided to just order room service.

After maybe 30-40 minutes, the room service came with a tray carrying our 3 meals. I was a bit surprised and asked, don't you have a dinner trolley? "Sorry ma'am they are all being used." Confused, I asked "how many do you have?" "5."

For a large, LVX Preferred Hotel having 5 in room dining trays is unacceptable.
As he didn't know where to place the 3 meals. I had to remove the lamp on the side table so we could set up and eat by the couch.He introduced the meals and showed me the flask where the soup of the sinigang so my follow up question was where is the bowl for the soup? (It just baffles me that these service basic things are left to chance, or that if you do not ask, you are expected to drink from the flask?!)
The other order was fish and chips and I specifically asked for a honey mustard instead of the tartar, voila! The tartar sauce came and no ketchup for the fries. I am continually surprised. Perhaps the hotel is running at a full capacity, but they can not be a 5 star hotel if they can not handle their maximum capacity.

The special Easter amenity again, I had to call back to ask for it and the guest services officer responded with Let Me Verify, I asked her how many times does she need to verify because it was getting pretty awkward. I wasn't the one who offered that in their package in the first place. I really would have let it go but the kid in me was expecting some sort of a mini Easter basket or something. After about 2 hours upon checking in, the Easter amenity came. 3 pieces of bite sized brownies, 1 macaron, and 1 tiny mousse of some sort.

Such a far departure from our wonderful memory of their welcome at their Discovery Shores property with foot massage, personalized cake and the works.

I was beginning to feel disappointed at the lack of consistency of their service, and I do not blame the front line staff as they are lovely and quite eager to serve with a smile.

For our stay, I feel that Their redeeming amenity was their heated infinity pool and great pool service, and great rooms. Although I have to say it was a bit small, and crowded, they also allow t shirts and cotton shorts in the pool?!

Breakfast was chaotic and horrible - ambiance, food spread and presentation, menu options felt like a 3 star hotel cafeteria. Long lines and you don't get ushered to your table so you can not order your coffee or water, you had to approach the bar to ask for your drinks. It's a bit of a lottery to land a table. It felt like they did not plan for the ratio of their rooms and their dining services.

The food spread was nothing outstanding. No egg station for breakfast.

I could go on, and perhaps you could get back to me and tell me that I stayed on an Easter package rate so I should not expect that level of service that we came for. All your reviews were outstanding and I hope they stayed during peak season as well? Or perhaps they are long staying guests, or vips?

Up to now, I still do not know what it was (selective service, max capacity, understaffed, lack of facilities, inconsistent service) but one thing was for sure, my family wasn't wowed by it and I mean this in utmost sincerity.

Many thanks for reading this long review.

Date of stay: April 2017
DPA_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Dear wanderlust_gfm,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this detailed summary of your stay with us, and to assure you that your review very much has our full attention. Thank you as well for highlighting the positives: we take your comments to heart, and will use them as basis to improve the areas you found to be wanting.

I regret to hear that you stay during the peak Easter season fell short of expectations, and I agree with you that the number of guests during full capacity seasons should not affect the overall hotel experience. We aim to please every one of our guests, whatever the date may be. It is most unfortunate that we failed to do this for you this time around. Should you ever wish to get in touch with us, feel free to reach us at primea@discovery.com.ph so that we can better understand how we could have made your stay better.

My team and I hope to have another, future opportunity, to present you with a Discovery Primea experience that truly embodies our hotel.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

The location is very close and in walking distance to the main Makati shopping area. After we have tried the Tapenade Restaurant earlier, we wanted to try the hotel. We’ve booked a Primea Suite with two bedrooms. The check-in was quickly done and the luggage arrived almost at same time as we in the room. We were two couples and we found a spacious suite which would be good even for a long term stay. We were stunned about the size of the suite containing two bed and two bath rooms. The rooms are not very big but sufficient, because there is a spacious living room with a dining table and fully equipped kitchen with plenty of space to feel comfortable. The quality of the furniture is of high standard. There are in total 4 television sets installed. The room rates are comparable to other high end hotels in the area.
We’ve had Bkfst included in our package which has been served at the Tapenade Restaurant. The Bkfst buffet is not huge compared to other five star hotels, but the quality of the served food is good.
We tried also to have dinner at the same restaurant and were very pleased about the authentic Mediterranean specialties being served with a reasonable price tag.

The positive:
- Very good location of the premises in walking distance to the main Makati shopping area.
- Luxurious and prestigious building of a high standard fit out.
- Spacious rooms.
- The restaurants serve food of high quality and reasonable priced.
- Service personnel is friendly and accommodating.
- The ingredients are fresh and authentic.

The negative:
- The staff seems sometimes a bit unorganized and not yet to standard for a high end 5-star hotel.
- Complicated handling of the TV sets in the room
- It takes a bit long until the food is served
- The waiters are not very skilled to serve wine

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear MafArt83,
Thank you very much, for taking the time to share these impressions of your stay at our property. Thank you as well for detailing the many ways that we were able to make your time with us as comfortable as possible: we love to hear about how our guests enjoy our rooms, as well as the inspired Mediterranean offerings at Restaurant Tapenade. Your observations will allow us to continue to refine our service standards, particularly the staff-centric observations. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

My Family and I booked a 2 bedroom suite. For the price it was super worth it. The hotel was only a 5 minute walk going to Rustance supermarket and it was linked to greenbelt. Loved everything about the rooms from the amenities to design. The service was also fast when we asked for a match to light up my dad's cake early in the morning.

2 things I'm disappointed with is the service in Tapenade and the food in Flame.. At the breakfast area, I asked the waitress/host for a glass of warm water. I already finished my first plate but it never came. Then asked another waiter calmly, then asked another plus this time with a complaining tone. The 3rd waiter was quick about it. For a simple thing, I can't believe they managed to overlook it..

On my dad's birthday.. we ate at the Flame located at the 16th floor. My sisters order was delicious I think it was the ribs. My moms pick was delicious as well. My dad and I ordered the same thing. His order came first. You see.. my dad is not the complaining type, I asked him if I could try and when I did it felt like I'm drinking a bowl of sea water.. I am not exaggerating. He almost finished it though because he's nice like that. But when mine arrived.. It's not as salty as his but still salty so we asked them to tone it down. They kindly replaced my plate.

You guys are not consistent in the food you serve. Also a couple of staff at the tapenade. I hope they focus on their guests equally. I understand that they forget small tasks but that small thing made me write a review. I am with my family with a baby and it's my dad's birthday. He doesn't deserve that experience. That would be our last stay. Thank you.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear kreiaikaiza,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us: your words of praise about our guest rooms, and In Room Dining team, are very much appreciated.

I am disappointed to learn that your culinary experiences with us were not to your liking, and regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced. We appreciate your comments, and they will help us improve our overall guest experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

I stayed In this hotel together with family last month. We booked through hotels.com and was getting a suite since we needed a two-bedroom. When we got there, Henry of the Front Desk (Reception) was very helpful! Hubby and I wanted to see the loft they had to offer and we're super pleased with it. I was very happy with what I saw so we made the upgrade!! Service was excellent, staff were very friendly! Breakfast was just right (I'll do another review on that!) but if you're looking at doing a staycation here in Manila, or if you're a foreigner who'd like to be in a nice hotel, this is definitely one to go for. Looking at what they have to offer and their pricing, they are worth every penny! Keep up the good work Primea!!! I'm coming back soon!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear MsWWWB,

Thank you for such warm review of your stay with us at Discovery Primea. We are glad to hear that Henry made such a positive impression on you, as well as the other team members you met during your stay. For your next visit, you may want to book directly with us via our website, and get our best possible rates… we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!