“Great location, Confy rooms, Great price”
Review of Jupiter Suites

Jupiter Suites
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Katowice, Poland
“Great location, Confy rooms, Great price”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We're looking hotel in Makati for reasonable price and found this one. We stayed here 2 times and must say that we didnt get dissapointed.

The first time, the room was on front of the street and it was really loud, could not sleep at all, but the second time we got on other side and finally we got more peace.

The standard rooms got everything what u need, not too bad free wi-fi connection, fridge, tv etc. Maybe a bit smelly when u walk in first time so u need to have your window open and then it will get better. The reception is ok, security guys are friendly so hotel is very safe. Location is great, ca't complain for this price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went to Makati a few days ago without any knowledge of the place so we did not know specifically where to stay.
I was going to take a very important exam the next day at Ateneo Professional Schools so we needed a place to stay in the soonest possible time so I can still rest after a long trip from Baguio.

We started looking from Ateneo and went our way out from there. The closest we arrived at was at Jupiter Suites. At first we were wondering how much it would cost us and if there were any rooms available since we were not able to reserve before our trip.

The moment we went in the place, it was a relief because everyone from the staff was very friendly and accommodating. From the security guard who always had a smile on his face to the manager, I think, who was always ready to answer any queries with a professional yet friendly approach.

At first, when the front desk clerk told us the price of the available room, I thought it was a bit expensive for an overnight stay...but we decided to go ahead anyway because we were really tired and it was the closest to where I was going the next day.

When we arrived at the room it was actually huge, clean, cozy and I love it! It also came with a free breakfast which we enjoyed very much. For the room we got (I think it was the Deluxe), the price was actually the cheapest we've encountered so far...added to that for a great stay is a very professional staff who made our day brighter with their smiles even when we already felt tired.

Our room had a terrace and in front of it was the road but It was not noisy at all, I had a good night's sleep the night before my exam which really helped me the next day!

My boyfriend even paid for another night as gift so I can get well - rested after my exam before we travel back home...

I would definitely stay there again when I visit Makati.
Thank You so much, Jupiter Suites for a ver wonderful experience.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vnyard
Tokyo
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed several times here over the years the last being five years ago. The rooms and reception are in need of an upgrade. The worst change since last here is relocation of the restaurant from ground floor (now a pizza joint) to the second floor where guest room used to be.

The breakfast choice is very poor - Filipino or pancake. That's it. Take it or leave it. Room internet is by LAN cable which you have to rent for 100 pesos. Better solution is to bring your own or buy for 15 pesos in the computer shop round the corner.

Unlikely to stay here again as there are better options nearby for the same price.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank paitonboy
Opole, Poland
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Hotel is conviniently located in Makati district, which is considered to be safe as per Manila standards. The staff are helpful and nice. The only minus were loud ventilators, despite closed windows. Clean and spacious rooms were decorated with a bit 'old' charm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kania514
PARIS FR VANCOUVER CA MANILA PH
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This Hotel is a small inn that we, my wife and I, like to stay at, every time we come back to Manila.
It is not the type of classy hotel certainly, so don't expect the Shang-..., but the staff is genuinely very friendly and professional. Almost all of them are very helpful and smiling. Henry and the security guards are adorable. They help you with your luggages.

Good points:
Comfortable
Good price/ value/ quality
Next to city center and near conveniences.
Rooms are big.
Free news paper in the morning.
Internet LAN connection in room for free.
Good channels selection.
They recently started to change the old crappy space taking televisions by flat screens.
Now they just would have to fix the flat screens to the wall in front of bed, that would be better.

Bad points:

Dated hotel needs outside and inside refreshing.

This hotel is victim of it's location next to a hookers part of town so a lot of old single guys are coming in alone but later they bring in those lick lizards, that don't even respect the hotel staff, in their room, and this is sad.

No Wifi.

The street side rooms are noisy better ask for rear side rooms, the view is better and more quiet.

Inside the room the bed is old needs to be changed, but comfortable, it lacks few more led light bulbs, specially in the bathroom above the sink as it is hard to shave without proper lighting.
In the bathroom the stench of cigarette of the smoking rooms are passing through the ventilation fan above the shower and gets in the whole room so we had to close our bathroom door. The bathroom fan needs to be changed as it's dirty and noisy, we had to switch it off, and the ventilation system needs to be cleansed, sanitized!

We, like said by other reviewers, smelled a strong smell (stench) of waste sewer coming from the hole of the overflow in the sink and from the floor shower drain! That means the canalization system is not purged regularly, not sanitized! And also maybe that the city sewers are not checked like in a lot of parts of Manila.
The air-con is very efficient, but very dirty. We looked outside and there was a big molded towel on the air con, the air conditioning units need to be checked and cleaned regularly and changed when to dirty not only when it broken or dies!
We confirm having seen some cockroaches, like said by other reviewers, crawling in the bathroom, I suspect them to come up through the shower drain, sometimes we saw some in the room.

The elevator is old, it needs to be changed for safety matter!

The breakfast is OK but they serve it with regular water I wish it would be bottled, not opened, mineral water like Evian or Volvic!

Finally security guard should check the taxi drivers if they are trustworthy or not. Take the license plate and name of driver before the clients gets in

All in all: Perfect for us. We are definitely coming back every time we are in Manila. They are more friendly than at the Intercontinental or Dusit Thani so we prefer to stay at Jupiter Suites we feel welcomed, even if the standard is really not the same!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HOTELSNFOODRATER
Pontevedra, Spain
Reviewed July 21, 2012

+ My stay at Jupiter Suites was good. The people working there were superbly and naturally nice. They were prompt in responding to my needs and queries. Everybody was just all so willing to help even though it was not their responsibility. The housekeeping staff from Dumaguete helped me with my luggage on the way down as there was no elevator on the 4th floor, only until the 3rd floor. Aside from that, he found a taxi for me while I was at the reception settling my dues. With the guard always ready to open the door for the hotel guests and having the hotel entrance smelling so good, oh! That was already a plus! In addition, I love the clean stain-free fragrant good-smelling linens. They have a big TV, too. Bigger than Caravelle Hotel (HCMC). There were so many cable channels to choose from. Also, it was quiet (facing the residential area). Thanks to that reviewer at booking.com who gave that advice. The hotel is very close to restaurants, banks, embassies, etc. The aircon was quiet. The free wired internet connection was fast. The hotel provided me a newspaper every morning. The room was very spacious and was clean though it didn't look so spic and span with the dark lines of the tiled floor. The check in and check out was done fast. Lastly, there was unlimited smiles and hellos. I found the atmosphere of the hotel very healthy and positive because of that. Unlike Sky Hotel in Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which is just on the opposite extreme!

- The room was dim for working or reading. Maybe 2 more lamps would make it better. The toilet looked moldy. The fridge looked horrible yet was functioning well. The housekeeping staff failed to clean my room once even though I put the "Please make up room." To be certain they clean your room, you got to ask/call them. Anyhow, the evening staff (not the housekeeping but the guard on duty and somebody else) provided me clean towels and new linens. Another thing that's a bit of an eyesore was the old elevator. Further, there was no safe in the room. Maybe with the price I paid, it's too expensive for the room that I got. Well, with the good location and with it in Makati (expensive area in Manila) expect to get something like that unless you stay outside Makati. Lastly, I had to pay P100 rent for the internet cable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Xhai Z
UK
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Jupiter Suites are located on the corner of Jupiter St by the intersection with Makati Avenue, right next door to a Japanese/Korean restaurant and less than 50 yds from KFC, McD and Jollibee. They are also very conveniently located for the restaurants and entertainment along Jupiter St, and less than 10 minutes walk along Makati Ave to Ayala Triangle and Greenbelt.
The building itself looks quite new, the rooms are very large, well equipped and spotlessly clean. The reception and security staff are very friendly and helpful.
Prices range from 2500 PHP a night upwards, which isn't cheap, but by Makati prices, they are reasonable. If you deal direct with the reception, you might get a few hundred pesos knocked off.
I've stayed there a fdew times on short breaks in Manila/Makati and am happy to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter as there isn't any road noise