A good place to stay for the physically fit and mobile
Bretange A Manille Lodge
Gilbert Rault – Owner/manager
Lot 13 Jade Alley corner Sampaguita Street, ( Staff house ) Barangay Pembo
Fort Bonifacio, Makati City 1200, Philippines
*** The contact info may be outdated – originally from 12-05 ***
I stayed at this hotel after looking around on foot for an affordable place near the Fort/Market Market area.
This hotel is very close to the global city and interesting things going on at the mall but is located at the bottom of a hill that is only accessible by a long set of stairs. There is parking lot either so the stairs are required to get to the hotel.
There are also no elevators at this hotel and getting in the front gate one must walk through a garden ( of sorts ) with a stone path.
The rooms are basic and clean but have no western features. It would be acceptable for those wanting to save money and willing to go without “comforts” like hot water and air conditioning, while being very close to modern attractions.
I stayed for a total of two weeks in Dec 05 and at that time the cost was just under $50US.
The room had the following features:
* 4 single beds, 2 fold up against the wall and the 2 on the bottom can be pushed together to form a twin or queen size.
* Ceiling fan that has enough power to keep the air moving well in the room.
* Toilet/shower in the same enclosed space within the room. This is the guest’s alone and not shared.
* Balcony but the railing was not as solid as I would like. This is common for buildings in the Philippines. It is made from welded steel angle iron rails.
* Small table and chairs with 2 shelves for clothes and such
The hotel features:
* Kitchen area that you may cook your own meals. I cant remember if there is a public fridge to store foods for cooking right there.
* Small TV area with a large selection of channels. It also had a DVD player as well but you have to reserve a time to view movies.
* Accessible roof. The scenery might not be interesting to the normal visitor but I thought it was. It’s also a bit cooler on the roof at night.
* Beer, cigs, and liquor are available from the lobby/office
- Also Known As:
- Bretagne a Manille Makati, Metro Manila