Hotel Durban
$152
$137
$213
$108
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
$123
$97
Travelocity
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelocity
$108
$80
Hotels.com
All reviewsno elevatoreconomy roomfarfalleboutique hotelno windowthe red light districtsmall hotelrooms are cleanmakati avenuethe ground floordeluxe roombars and restaurantscentury city mallhot waterdefinitely stay here againnight lifeconvenient location
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was going over a bunch of hotels in Makati on the interenet and most of the places were a bit overpriced or needed quite an update in their facilities. Stumbled upon Durban hotel, the prices were good and the pictures looked fine. Upon arriving this place, I was greeted by the bell boy and he helped me with my luggage. The price was about $40 a night (tax included), the room were very clean, modern design and a very comfy bed. The staffs were very helpful and accommodating, especially the manager who ran the place. He was down to earth and was more than happy to direct me around the areas in Makati. I was very tempted to dine in their restaurant, it smelled really good, but being an overnight tourist I had to venture around the area and I ended up having dinner in Greenbelt.
Ill be bring my fiance next month and we booked a junior suite for 2 nights .. I love this place, in terms of location, the price, the service and the quality .... seriously ?! what more do you want ? For a small sized hotel, this place is 5 stars of its class.
Upon checking out, they made sure I had a delightful stay and called a taxi for me, they also made sure the driver ran the meter going to the airport.

Room Tip: I will choose the rooms upstairs. The ones downstairs are fine but their are some minimal noises in the morning because the kitchen is prepping for breakfast and housekeeping begin working. Its totally understandable and they tried to keep it to the minimum. But, if you want to sleep in, a couple more bucks will get you a nicer room upstairs ..
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank sherman y
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

We’d like to thank sherman y very much for his wonderful feedback from his recent stay with us. We are delighted he found our hotel clean and modern, and our beds comfortable. His generous customer service comments have been shared with the staff, and they are very happy to hear their work was much appreciated by the reviewer’s stay.

Keeping true to our goal to embody a true boutique hotel, which welcomes leisure and business travelers alike, we especially appreciate the reviewer comments because they epitomize the guest experience we strive to give all our friends and visitor. We look forward to welcoming back sherman y and his fiancé when they stay with us again. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Thank you for staying at Durban again. We have stayed now for 6 nights. But previously we have stayed for nearly ten times during the last 7 years. We like the closeness to Makati but the main reason for coming back is the very nice staff at Durban. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels all over the world but the staff at Durban is really something special! This includes all of the staff but I have to mentioned three staff that has really become like friends to me and my wife, And these are Sheila, Chito and Norie ;-). You are so helpful, knowledgeable and friendly and really sets an example for other hotel staff to follow! I am already looking forward to my next trip to the Philippines and seeing you again! Salamat and thank you for another excellent visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Harald777
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

We would like to thank Harald777 for his compliments regarding our staff. We have shared his kind words with all the staff in general, particularly the three he commended directly. They were truly delighted to be recognized by the reviewer. The entire team at Hotel Durban strive to give all our guests a truly high level of sincere and professional guest service. We look forward to welcoming Harald777 back again to Hotel Durban. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I booked for 2 nights at the Durban and ended up staying 4 nights. Great location with lots of good food places and bars nearby, which I really like. Good, clean rooms and good service. Great value. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Book well in advance - it is very popular
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Cameron B

We would like to thank the reviewer Cameron B for his positive feedback, and especially for mentioning our location in Makati’s Central Business District, cleanliness, and our great value. We work hard to make our incomparable value a key reason we have loyal guests who come back regularly and choose us over larger, chain hotels - and also who new friends discover us.

Our staff was also very pleased and grateful that the reviewer mentioned their good service as they delight in giving personalized and professional service to all our guests. We look forward to Cameron B's next visit with us. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Well I found this hotel on trip advisor ! And as it all reads. It's a genuine treat to arrive.
Yes all was ready and I prepaid one night via there on line booking site. I ve began booking
One or town nights on my travels of two months. Around Asia... As one can arrive to find ahh it's poor ++. But this place I can say book your nights. It's good and great value no hesitations

And to be frank I am traveling on my own and booked the Pullman room. ( the most inexpensive )
And it's small yet very clean, and adequate for a single person, very quiet air cond and nice lighting. On the ground floor. I've looked at the upstairs rooms larger nicer and only a little more money. I shall be returning to Manila and I hope I can find a room again. I would choose perhaps the junior suite next time. As they are just that nicer and larger and so on ..
Well done Durban. You can do it properly ....when many 4-5 stars can't even be run properly
From checking in ? I had breakfast ea morning and again I would recommend all very professional
And not even a comment other than. Great. Food.

I will finish by saying. Book and you will be happy to arrive with confidence. Steve !

Room Tip: A bit hard to find with a taxi. It's a one way st. So turn into Burgos st and then left into Durban st And all taxi drivers know Burgos st !!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Steve T
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

We'd like to thank Steve T for staying with us and for his kind review.

We're delighted we were able to meet - if not exceed - his expectations and that he found his stay with us pleasurable, beginning with our online reservation system to our facilities, services, and food. We strive to be an immaculately clean, great value hotel whose attention to guest service and detail is at least on par with the larger, luxury establishments in the city.

As the reviewer noted, some Manila taxi drivers are not familiar with our centrally located business district location. In order to make it easy for our guests, we have directions in English and Tagalog available on our website, hoteldurban.net, under the FAQ section. We also have a printable map on the site as well, to further help you find us.

Again, it's a great pleasure to know that Steve T was happy with his experience at Hotel Durban, and we thank him for recommending us to others reading this forum. We look forward to welcoming him again. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

There are so many hotels in Makati that are too overrated and pricey yet you don't feel the essence of "a home away from home". Hotel Durban, however, is different, it made me feel my home! During my first business trip to Makati, I stayed at a random hotel near the area where Hotel Durban is. Not naming the hotel, it reeks of the smell of urine and old rotting furniture. Disappointed by the choice of hotel, I began looking for an alternative. I stumbled into Hotel Durban purely by accident. Quietly nestled in a Makati street corner, this little boutique hotel does not boast of grandiosity nor prestige. Yet, it's straightforward modern aesthetics, simplicity, and decency, are unexpected traits which will surprise you with their excellent service, amenities, and ambiance, perfectly fit for any business travelers in the hustle and bustle of Makati City at a price suitable for the budget conscious.
Their food choices of Italian and Fusion will leave your palates gearing up for new gastronomical adventures!
I highly recommend Hotel Durban for businessmen, families, and tourists alike. Furthermore, the staff and management are like my old friends ready to welcome me and make me feel I'm in the comforts of my own home!

Room Tip: Book in advance as always.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andy P
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

We would like to thank Andy P for staying with us and for his kind review recommending the hotel for business persons, families, and tourists. We are glad he recognizes our modern aesthetics, ambiance, and excellent service. His generous customer service comments have been shared with the staff, and they were delighted to hear they had a positive impact on Andy P’s stay. This is the kind of guest experience that we strive to give all our guests.

It’s also a pleasure to know he enjoyed Farfalla, our Italian restaurant. Farfalla is open from 6AM to 11PM and serves a full menu, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our pasta is house-made and hand-cut to order by seasoned chefs. Our pizza is also made in-house, using only the freshest and most authentic ingredients. (Farfalla is also represented here, in TripAdvisor.)

We look forward to welcoming Andy P back home to Hotel Durban and in the meantime, safe travels.