Hotel Durban
The Peninsula Manila(Makati)
$141
$101
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$48
Priceline
$94
$73
Hotels.com
All reviewsfarfalleeconomy roomboutique hotelno liftno windowthe red light districtsmall hotelrooms are cleanthe ground floorbudget hotelsmakati avenuedeluxe roombars and restaurantscentury city mallhot waterdefinitely stay here againnight life
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Well I found this hotel on trip advisor ! And as it all reads. It's a genuine treat to arrive.
Yes all was ready and I prepaid one night via there on line booking site. I ve began booking
One or town nights on my travels of two months. Around Asia... As one can arrive to find ahh it's poor ++. But this place I can say book your nights. It's good and great value no hesitations

And to be frank I am traveling on my own and booked the Pullman room. ( the most inexpensive )
And it's small yet very clean, and adequate for a single person, very quiet air cond and nice lighting. On the ground floor. I've looked at the upstairs rooms larger nicer and only a little more money. I shall be returning to Manila and I hope I can find a room again. I would choose perhaps the junior suite next time. As they are just that nicer and larger and so on ..
Well done Durban. You can do it properly ....when many 4-5 stars can't even be run properly
From checking in ? I had breakfast ea morning and again I would recommend all very professional
And not even a comment other than. Great. Food.

I will finish by saying. Book and you will be happy to arrive with confidence. Steve !

Room Tip: A bit hard to find with a taxi. It's a one way st. So turn into Burgos st and then left into Durban st And all taxi drivers know Burgos st !!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Steve T
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

We'd like to thank Steve T for staying with us and for his kind review.

We're delighted we were able to meet - if not exceed - his expectations and that he found his stay with us pleasurable, beginning with our online reservation system to our facilities, services, and food. We strive to be an immaculately clean, great value hotel whose attention to guest service and detail is at least on par with the larger, luxury establishments in the city.

As the reviewer noted, some Manila taxi drivers are not familiar with our centrally located business district location. In order to make it easy for our guests, we have directions in English and Tagalog available on our website, hoteldurban.net, under the FAQ section. We also have a printable map on the site as well, to further help you find us.

Again, it's a great pleasure to know that Steve T was happy with his experience at Hotel Durban, and we thank him for recommending us to others reading this forum. We look forward to welcoming him again. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

There are so many hotels in Makati that are too overrated and pricey yet you don't feel the essence of "a home away from home". Hotel Durban, however, is different, it made me feel my home! During my first business trip to Makati, I stayed at a random hotel near the area where Hotel Durban is. Not naming the hotel, it reeks of the smell of urine and old rotting furniture. Disappointed by the choice of hotel, I began looking for an alternative. I stumbled into Hotel Durban purely by accident. Quietly nestled in a Makati street corner, this little boutique hotel does not boast of grandiosity nor prestige. Yet, it's straightforward modern aesthetics, simplicity, and decency, are unexpected traits which will surprise you with their excellent service, amenities, and ambiance, perfectly fit for any business travelers in the hustle and bustle of Makati City at a price suitable for the budget conscious.
Their food choices of Italian and Fusion will leave your palates gearing up for new gastronomical adventures!
I highly recommend Hotel Durban for businessmen, families, and tourists alike. Furthermore, the staff and management are like my old friends ready to welcome me and make me feel I'm in the comforts of my own home!

Room Tip: Book in advance as always.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andy P
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

We would like to thank Andy P for staying with us and for his kind review recommending the hotel for business persons, families, and tourists. We are glad he recognizes our modern aesthetics, ambiance, and excellent service. His generous customer service comments have been shared with the staff, and they were delighted to hear they had a positive impact on Andy P’s stay. This is the kind of guest experience that we strive to give all our guests.

It’s also a pleasure to know he enjoyed Farfalla, our Italian restaurant. Farfalla is open from 6AM to 11PM and serves a full menu, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our pasta is house-made and hand-cut to order by seasoned chefs. Our pizza is also made in-house, using only the freshest and most authentic ingredients. (Farfalla is also represented here, in TripAdvisor.)

We look forward to welcoming Andy P back home to Hotel Durban and in the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This will be a short review only, I will not define the details as there are numerous reviews from the other reviewers. Overall stay is good. Average in my opinion but affordability would be the great take of this hotel. Few improvements I think would be is you should change cable subscriber, Cignal would be a great start for those HD channels in which other hotels have. Next would be the bed, it is comfy but i think there are still rooms for improvement. (I am not saying the bed is not good, it is good but as I have said can still be improved). The best part of this hotel might be the bar or lounge, very classy, stylish and have a very conservative structure. I love the chairs in the smoking area and the cafe area, really comfortable. Other room for improvement might be is that you can here people walking and talking on other rooms (Very rare scenarios/experience maybe a couple of times). The bathroom is a little bit small for a couple, maybe addition of bath tubs for rooms (I got Deluxe, not sure if the other superior rooms have it.). But all in all, I would recommend this hotel for short staycation in the metro for couples who want it to be romantic and classy but yet affordable. Oh, before I forgot, this is in the middle of Makati, near Powerplant Mall, Resorts World etc.. So you can do other activities and taxi fare won't cut your budget out.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank santinominustheno
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you to Pogilovesconiogirl for his review; we're particularly happy that he considers us “a great Makati hotel.” We're glad the reviewer found our lounge and restaurant area to be “very classy and stylish" as we created this space to be a welcoming spot where our guests can enjoy great Italian food, meet new people, and relax over a glass of wine or a beer after a long day of business meetings or traveling.

We subscribe to the largest cable provider in the Philippines. Our cable packages offers numerous major international channels (such as HBO, CNN, and BCC) in English, Tagalog, and other Asian languages. Our package is identical those found at other major hotels in the the city - with the only exception being that we do not offer a pay-par-view option. Our cable service is all hardwired digital, which ensures a steady signal regardless of the weather. Cignal, the service the reviewer suggests, is satellite-based; as such, the clarity of the picture can vary during suddens rains, which are frequent in Manila during the rainy season.

The reviewer also felt that our beds - which are usually highly rated by other reviewers in this forum - could be improved. However, as he is unable to identify a particular dissatisfaction, we are at a loss as to how we might remedy the issue.

Our bathrooms are indeed on the compact side, but they are also designed for maximum efficiency. None of our rooms have bathtubs, but in our over 25 years of operations the great majority of our guests have not considered their absence a concern. Other rooms, such as our suites, have much more expansive bathrooms. (We hope that the reviewer will try one out during his next visit.)

We'd like to thank the reviewer for recommending Hotel Durban for couples seeking a “romantic, classy, and affordable” hotel experience. We welcome all guests whether for business or leisure travel, families, couples, and solo travellers. We look forward to welcoming back Pogilovesconiogirl. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Found this place just near the hotel I left, cos it was so bad. This place is great, rooms are good a decent shower flat screen TV. Very friendly and helpful staff, recommend this place. Close to fast foods and restaurant , and bars. They also have food in a restaurant, with Italian style food

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zappa11

We would like to thank Zappa11 for staying with us recently and for his kind review. We are very glad that we were able to turn around his Makati hotel experience. Our staff strive to ensure that all guests receive the th best service possible service during their stay. We look forward to Zappa11 staying with us again. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you're looking for a budget-priced hotel in the heart of the entertainment section of Makati, look no further! Hotel Duran is the place to be! This marks my 3rd time staying at Hotel Durban and I am more impressed after each visit. The new and improved cafe is awesome! They serve a decent Western-style breakfast and an equally amazing dinner menu. The rooms are well-maintained with fresh linen and neat bathroom. Need dirty laundry tended to? Well, there's a laundry service right next door to the hotel! The porters always look out for me, too! I was planning a trip to Quezon City to visit a friend and asked the best way to get there. One of the porters stopped a taxi and drilled him with questions on if he would take me and the price. The porter also took the taxi driver's name and number just in case. Is that genuine concern on what? I knew I was in good hands. Thanks, Hotel Duran! I am a lifelong customer now and forever!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ChicagoGuy
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you very much to ChicagoGuy for his kind review.

It's great to know the reviewer recognizes our hotel for its cleanliness and incomparable value. It’s also a pleasure to know he found Farfalla, our Italian restaurant, excellent. Farfalla is open from 6AM to 11PM and serves a full menu, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our pasta is house-made and hand-cut to order by seasoned chefs with substantial international experience and training. Our pizza is also made in-house using only the freshest and most authentic ingredients. (Farfalla is also represented here, in TripAdvisor.)

We would also like to thank the reviewer for applauding our security protocols, and we have already relayed his kind words to our security team. Guest safety and security is very important us; we always make sure the local taxis use the meter and are clear on the guests' destination. For further security we note down the plate number and company of the taxi.

We look forward to welcoming back ChicagoGuy for a 4th time. In the meantime, safe travels.