“Pleasant Stay in Makati for $30”
Review of Hotel Durban

Hotel Durban
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed June 10, 2012

i am an engineer and frequently fly to Makati for training. hotel durban was considered on my previous trips but had not gone there because i thought the hotel looks horrible and scary via its website but my last trip was i had no choice but to stay there. good to say, the hotel has clean toilet and bathroom and room too. i was happy with my stay at hotel durban.

Room Tip: choose 4th or 3rd floor to be lessen street noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Iskoy I
hoteldurban, General Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We'd like to thank Iskoy for giving Hotel Durban a try during his last visit, and we are very pleased he enjoyed his stay.

We have a reputation of maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, and constantly upgrade and refurbish our rooms and public areas so that they always feel fresh. (In fact, we just opened our café, so now guests can relax with a cappuccino or a glass of wine from our leafy terrace.) However, photos taken by travelers and posted here do not always show our hotel in its best light; in fact, some of them are as much as six-years old as of this writing, when our hotel was considerably more different. In the next few months, we will be upgrading our TripAdvisor listing, so we can post current photographs, as well as enable travelers to contact us directly from this excellent site. (We will, of course, continue to maintain our own website, which will also be getting a terrific upgrade in the next few months.)

In the meantime, we continue to be the highest rated budget boutique hotel in the city, known for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and value. We are proud of our small hotel, and we work hard to give our guests a pleasant, safe, and comfortable experience. We invite you to come stay with us on your next trip.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

an excellent budget hotel - very clean,recently refurbished, good quality beds and linens,immaculate bathrooms, helpful & polite staff - all in all you will not find better value in Manila, and I say that with 20 years experience of visiting Manila..

Room Tip: stick to lower floors if you have much luggage as no lift!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RichardBexhill_UK
Reviewed May 31, 2012

A very good cheap clean hotel, I was only here for one night but had no complaints the bed was comfortable the bathroom was clean and the shower worked well supplying penlty of hot water, I dont normally stay in budget hotels and was weary of what i might find, However i need not of worried its in a good location and was ideal for getting to the green belt area which has lots of good bars and restaurants.
I probley wouldnt stay there again but thats not a bad refelection on the hotel its just personal choice that i would normal pay a bit more

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank code21
Reviewed May 25, 2012

walking distance to restaurants on makati avenue and jupiter street. near the malls, too - greenbelt or rockwell. one doesn't need to go far for night life.the hotel was behind the red light district. the location was safe enough. the small hotel has a nice ambience and is well-decorated. there is no elevator on the four floor building. each room had an lcd tv, fridge, and a bath. in the morning one could hear people talking in the floor lobby so it wasn't that quiet. construction somewhere close to the hotel started as early as 7am ! other than that, i was happy to have chosen hotel durban.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank supaclass
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Cheap and at the same time, elegant. I've been to many hotels before and most of those hotels have faux statement and that is why I realised to write what I really expercienced. Hotel Durban is really beautiful, clean, cheap and most of all restaurants and bar are just walking distance. Though, if you're a smoker this might not be a good one for you because you can't smoke inside the hotel nor your room but you have to go outside. Yet, I must say, still beautiful. I will surely stay in Hotel Durban, again. -M

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank TrueReviewsONLY
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Going from NAIA airport by taxi will take you around 15 min by taxi (his meter was giving 976 pesos but you should not pay more than 300, what I did!). It's very well situated in makati, just a half minute away from the hot nightlife!
Clean rooms with all amenities, I can't remember the room number I stayed in but just paid 1350 pesos for economy room which was very clean for me! Just one negative point ... There was a small window to the corridor which did not have curtains so it was not very sark in the room...
Very friendly staff, noon smoking rooms, but area with bench in front of hotel! Anyway worth staying!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
8  Thank Sammypla
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Room is good and clean. Pretty secure hotel. Location was prefect, it's just round the bend of where the happening places are located.... P. Burgos St.
Staff they were ok I guess, I was to busy with my entertainment, I hardly have the time to take notice of the staff. But it's all good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo