“Average hotel...no wifi in our room!”
Review of Prince Plaza II

Prince Plaza II
Ranked #28 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Ireland
“Average hotel...no wifi in our room!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed in Prince plaza hotel last Nov. 5-7 since we have a symposium in Makati. There was no decent lobby in the hotel but the rooms are ok. There were kitchen utensils and other kitchenwares if you want to cook. The bathroom was very small and everyday you have to remind them to change the towels. These are just minor comments but one that I got really furious about was that they did not give us the wifi password 'til we checked out! When I arrived, I asked for the password and they said they will just call us in our rooms but they didn't. So I called to ask but they said there was a problem with the connection. The next day I asked again and they said it is working already and they will just send the password in our rooms, again they didn't so I had to call again. On the third day, it was the same scenario and I was very disappointed because I think they were just lying and that they don't really have wifi connections in most rooms since my colleages were not able to connect as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danskiedoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

It was pretty good. The food was alright. The beds were alright. The bathroom was alright but the fact that you couldn't put toilet paper down the toilet. There was a window in the toilet that didn't close I had to get my brother to shut it from the out side. There was a malfunction with the fire alarm that went of 3 times in one night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RealRach1
Cebu, Philippines
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here in August 2013. On the first night, we saw a dead cockroach on the bathroom floor. On our third and last day, the dead cockroach was still there! This is despite the fact that the room was made up everyday as we requested. Breakfast area doubles as a function room, very poor ventilation. Front desk service totally terrible and inefficient! Even with 5 persons on the front desk at the same time, still cannot do simple tasks efficiently, very poor customer service.. The only thing it really offers is its location. I won't stay here again and will not recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank LeoneSith

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Back to a familiar place. This is the 3rd time I stayed at the newly renovated rooms and so far only 2 out of the 3 is deemed by me to be fully renovated. One of them is more like a patch up job. For this trip, the room is indeed truly fully renovated. Service has improved this year. Newspaper are now distributed almost daily (almost because for certain days the papers are missing). One grieve I have of this place is the pest control. Since it is a mix development, there are roach and ants running about. Another area that can be improved is the water pressure. Its just too low yet their maintenance staff keep insisting its normal. Oh well.

Front desk staff is as courteous as always with a ready smile. I will be back, hopefully my concerns are addressed by then.

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms, not all are alike.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CHRISTIAN_LEE32
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

stayed there from 5th to 18th may ,on the first night room had no hot water, and non fully functioning air con (wedged inside was a can ) room also was dirty till I asked next morning to be moved which after much arguing they did , breakfast is reheated and greasy ,generally poor attitude to customers even worse if you are a Philippine national from one of the provinces the housekeeping staff and cleaners were helpful and friendly however ,the one and only good thing about this place is the location .air con is noisy so bring ear plugs then you may be able to sleep ,
overall yes its reasonably priced for the location but next time I would pay more and stay somewhere better and yes I have stayed in 2 to 5 star places and this place is poor !

Room Tip: if they give you a crap room ask to be moved ,the " up " rooms seem decent compared to som...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank kinaadam
TORONTO
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I check in to the Prince Plaza 11 in Legaspi Village for three days.I paid U$300 dollars.I got a receipt and Passport.I go to my room,half an hourthe phone rang,i answer,the guy downtairs are you related to Armolia,the booked the room.I dont understand.We will call u back.Then i read my receipt.It madein someone else name.i am so upset i went to the clerk,What is this?I pay $95.00 US$ more plus Two thousand pesos.What i want a new receipt in my name.I paid the extra and a receipt made in my name.Corruption in the Philippines 100/0.Even though many tourist has a Pilipino friend.Hotel,Immigration,Airline Offices and Transportation Officials all Crooks.Discouraging tourism.But i enjoyed every places i visited.No toilet seats and i carry my own toilet paper.And 95/0 pilipino dont know geography.People in public service my be educated.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is its location which is superb. The room looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. It wasn't at all inviting with battered and mismatched furniture like things picked up at a flea market and the kitchen area was quite old and none too clean. It was very offputting to open the kitchen cupboard and find the utensils all plastic wrapped which I can only assume was to protect from vermin. The bathroom was truly awful with mould all through the tiles. Thank goodness it was only an overnight stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends