“Good location - that's all”
Review of Prince Plaza II

Prince Plaza II
Ranked #28 of 59 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Las Pinas
“Good location - that's all”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Prince Plaza II is a condotel. I stayed in a deluxe room. The unit has seen better days. Staff try to be nice but it doesn't feel sincere. I would leave my room early in the morning and return later in the evening and there would still be towels in the bathroom. I would repeatedly call housekeeping and they would bring me one towel at a time. The airconditioner made too much noise. Forget breakfast. Better yet, get some food from outside as there is a microwave, refrigerator, hotplate and two complete sets of china, silver and glasses. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We had a mixed experience at the Prince Plaza. We had booked over the net and were looking at getting something in a good location but for a cheaper price. When we arrived we had a deluxe room booked but on entering the room we were quite disgusted with how unclean the room appeared, the fridge still had food reminants on the handle, the walls appeared mouldy and we found a few hairs in the bed. When we approached management about how we were unhappy with the room they were not willing to upgrade for free so we paid 900 peso for an upgrade , which was our smartest decision.
The second room we got was clean and looked more like a nice hotel room. Breakfast was included and delivered to the room. And the 2nd bathroom was clean and nice, with hot water. We were also only on the second floor, meaning we could use the stairs and didnt have to battle with the 'dodgy feeling' lifts for 19 floors.If i had gotten the second room initially I would not have had a problem at all with the hotel. But I do advise approach with caution and always ask to see the room first before taking it. The location is a huge positive for this hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tegan E
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Prince Plaza is close to perfect for cost-concious business traveller. It is less than 10 minutes walk from Enterprice center and other key office locations. For pleasure it is next door to Greenbelt, Landmark and Glorietta which is all the key dining and shopping areas here.
Rooms are clean, spaceous and with basic kitchen functionality - fridge, cooker and microwave in some rooms. Service is usually fast and good.
On the negative side the airconditioning is the standard old-fashioned noisy boxes on the wall and there is no pool access for short-term stays. All in all good value for money and an almost perfect location. I will definitely be coming back here.

Room Tip: Higher floors seems to be somewhat better quality rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ahope
Nancy, France
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I must say I didn't expect much from the place considering I just paid $50/night thru another website. I stayed for 5 nights. This Condotel was just behind Ayala Museum & is quite easy to find. I paid P205 for the metered airport taxi to reach here. Receptionists were very pleasant. The room I got was at the 16th floor (corridors were not air-conditioned). It had a great view of the Ayala Ave. side. I found my standard room quite good & spacious; Furnitures were a bit outdated but not bad nonetheless & were functional. I especially liked that there are cooking/kitchen facilities (microwave, small cooker, some pans, toaster, big fridge & plates/cutlery). There was no hair dryer in my room though. Basically, my room was a studio type condo unit. Bathroom is quite small and fixtures quite dated. I didn't have problems with the hot water in the shower. Room was made up every morning & towels were changed daily.

There is no free WIFI but reception sells internet cards for P100 for 1hr & P500 for 5 hours (I think it's a bit pricey). I bought the P100 to use on my Mac but i couldn't get it to work & the IT guy i asked for, doesn't seem to know how to configure it. So I finally asked my parents to bring their Globe Tattoo so i can use my laptop which charges P20/hr. Few days later, i found out that the card works on my iphone so i just used up the credits there.

Complimentary breakfast was also ok with a lot of options (there's like 12 sets to choose from) and is delivered in the room every morning at your desired time. Just need to call the night before to order what u want for breakfast & give the time you want it in your room. They were very punctual those 5 days. We (my parents later joined me) found the room service food quite good also and very cheap! (costs around P150 a meal with side dish & drinks & portions were sufficient also; we often had leftovers even) It suited our Filipino taste as most of dishes were Filipino dishes. With what we ordered daily, we were not disappointed. But if you are a tourist, I really suggest you go and eat out. There are lots of restaurants in Greenbelt & Glorietta, offering different local & international cuisines.
As for the location, it is very convenient as just outside the building there is a money changer, laundry, quite a few 24hr-convenience stores (Mini Stop & 7-11) + lots of fast food restaurants just opposite the building. These are aside from the restaurants in Greenbelt 3 which is also very close by). Shopping malls are about 5 minutes walk (covered foot bridges) and are all connected (Landmark & SM [for the budget-conscious] & Rustan's & Greenbelt [for high-end items] )

Sorry for the lengthy review, but I always find detailed reviews helpful when im checking out places to book :) To summarize, it has been a very pleasant stay and will definitely be booking this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank ecargeiram
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Selected this hotel because of its location and because it was cheap. Lived in this building years ago as a long-term tenant and decided to get a room here for a night when I was in town with my husband. The room was as I expected it to be. The furnishings were basic and the breakfast was not something to write home about. The location - right next door to Greenbelt shopping center - was the only redeeming factor. Oh and you can get your foreign currency exchanged at the shop downstairs - they offer the most competitive rates in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JennyKiz
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed in Prince Plaza II for 4 days and 3 nights. Staying in Prince Plaza II was always a pleasant experience. i always arrive earlier than check in time but they allow me to have early check in. Room also has complete amenities. Kitchen, a decent toilet and bath, a living room, and a bed. i love it that I dont feel like im in a hotel room at all. It feels like having a small condo unit all to yourself. The front desk also attends to your needs in a flash. I have asked for numerous favors, extra towels, newspaper, bottle opener, microwave. I also love the fact that it is a stone throw away from greenbelt,landmark, glorietta, and convenience stores and bakeshops. It is also a walking distance from office. I really love staying here primarily due to convenience, service that goes the extra mile is a lso a plus.

Room Tip: solo rooms are good rooms. it has homey feel compared to rooms for 2 or more,,,
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed July 31, 2011

we used to live in this condotel 4 years ago and we came back last january as hotel guests. we stayed for a night because we had an early flight the next day and the stay was ok. we booked thru agoda and got good rates with free in room breakfast. the best thing about this condotel is the location, ayala malls is just across the street and the business / financial district is just a block away. it doesn't have free wifi though so that was a bummer but the mall has free wifi anyway. there's a 24 hour convenience store at the ground floor where we bought some midnight snack. overall it was a nice stay. oh by the way there's a swimming pool at the roof top but it's only available for condo tenants.. and the airport is just a 20 minute taxi ride away

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family