“Great location, great price, nice room.....”
Review of Prince Plaza II

Prince Plaza II
Ranked #30 of 61 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Southern California
“Great location, great price, nice room.....”
Reviewed December 26, 2007

This was my first time staying at the Prince Plaza II Hotel and I stayed there twice (2 days each) in a 10 day period in early Dec. 2007. It's located in Makati directly across the street from the large Green Belt Mall. This outdoor mall has many, many stores, restaurants and entertainment choices and the beautiful "green area" in the center of it all. There is also a large department store attached buy a cover walkway.

My 1st stay was in a "superior room". The rooms are not the most modern, but are nice and clean! The "superior" is a large room, almost like a one bedroom apartment! There are lots of windows, tons of storage, a sitting area with sofa, hardwood floors, full kitchen with a fridge, electric hot plate (cooker), microwave, pots & pans, dishes and utensils.

Breakfast was included and ordered by phone from an in-room menu with 11 choices, then delivered to the room (nice!) and was surprisingly good!

I don't know what I was thinking when I booked my 2nd stay, because I booked the standard room rather then the superior room. The standard room still had similar amenities (kitchen, tons of storage, etc), but was HALF the size, fewer windows and no sitting area. The interesting thing is the "standard room" is ONLY $1 - $2 dollars (US) less then the "superior" room. It's definitely worth the couple extra dollars per day for the superior room!!!

The Prince Plaza II does have a safe deposit box service at the front desk, but they not offer internet access. There is however, an internet café around the corner a short block away (downstairs) for 50 Pesos per hour. Also, for the longer stays, there are two laundry services flanking the hotels entrance.

The Prince Plaza II is really great value for the money and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2007
1 Thank RevvinKevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guam
Reviewed December 13, 2007

This condotel was recommended to me from a friend of mine who said he liked staying there whenever he was in Makati. My wife stayed there too for a week just this past summer. When I went by myself, I decided to stay here just to check it out.
The Good:
Close to GreenBelt. Within one minute you're there
The room airconditioning was VERY functional! Coming in from a long day of walking it was nice to relax in the cool air.
Private for the most part.
The transpo service to and from airport was excellent.
Most of your simple amenities can be found nearby the hotel (laundromat, currency exchange, drug store, etc.)
The workers were very courteous and friendly! AND they cleaned and replaced everything EVERY day (even though they had a note that said otherwise)
Has a kitchen and stove along with pots and utensils for your use.
Clean.
For the price, it's great!

The Bad:
No pool despite what the brochures say.
The gym was very small and didn't have much. I ended up walking over to Gold's in Glorieta and dropping a short time membership there
The morning breakfast is more like a snack than a meal.
There are some long term guests there and you just might be unlucky enough to be next to some noisy people.
There's no taxi stand by the hotel, you'll have to hunt for one on your own.
It isn't a luxury hotel by any means. The suite I had was very small, like a studio room.
The room I got had a helicopter landing pad right outside and... well, nuff said.

I'm sure the executive suite was better furnished and looked better and was bigger.

Bottom line: If you're in Makati by yourself or with a bunch of other guys that really don't care for epicurean lodgings, if you're looking for a place to just shower and sleep, and you want to save money for the more fun things to do in Manila (hehe) then this is your place.
If you're with family or if you have the pesos to burn, you're better served at the Dusit or Renaissance.

• Liked — The friendliness and courtesy
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank kyper
Sydney
Reviewed October 17, 2007

My friends and I decided to book Prince Plaza II for 8 nights in October 07. Despite reading mixed reviews we were most attracted to how close it was to Greenbelt, the price and how nice the photos are of the hotel. We were so wrong! We checked out after one night stay (after check in we stayed up until midnight at an internet cafe searching for alternate accommodation). Check in took excess of 20 minutes and the reception area is the size of a walk in wardrobe. As soon as we walked into the room (superior room) we were immediately disappointed. Furniture was outdated, kitchen was even worse, blanket cover was a musty brown colour and the cleanliness wasn't up to standard. In order to get through the night I wrapped myself up in my clothes. The TV wasn't working. The only thing we could watch was the hotel's live foyer security footage. I actually considered myself lucky because friends who booked a deluxe one bedroom suite and a triple share had an even worse off experience. In addition to above, their sofas were literally sticky, rooms had fluoro lighting, holes in the wall covered by sticky tape, telephones weren't working and construction from across the road was heard all night. We ended up staying at the Charterhouse Hotel down the road which is still across from Greenbelt. Whilst it had a lower star rating services was great, staff were friendly, rooms were cleaned everday and bed covers were white!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — A lot of things...
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank am13rc

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Cebu
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a month for business function. I got there around 10 AM but was finally accommodated at around 2 PM! THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!! Front desk staff needs training to focus on customer service. I noticed they seldom smiled at local tourists and that's discrimination!!! The hotel is centrally located at the heart of Makati just a block away from Greenbelt. Rooms are well maintained but kitchenette utensils need replacement. The rest rooms are just average.... I can recommend this hotel for people on the go in Makati specially those with business function...

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Archie111
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Month stayed: July 2005

I was supposed to write this review after my stay at this hotel, but only found time now to write my comments. I noticed this hotel rates have increased tremendously since I last stayed there. For the kind of rate being offered by the travel agency, I say it isn't worth it. There were roaches in the restroom, toilet bowl was clogged and the furnishings were old . The hotel only looks nice at the front of the lobby , but that was all to it. You even can get a better deal with a 5 star hotel. Especially now that all these new condos being built for rental purposes, I'm pretty sure when I visit Manila next time, I'll have more choices.( Oh yeah, I felt sorry for the housekeeping attendant for using a empty soda bottle as a plunger to unclog the toilet bowl, bec. property management couldn't even provide a decent plunger)!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room itself
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
3 Thank Thelma M
Phillipines
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We booked our reservation of which a part of it was non refundable one month prior to our departure, after our tour vacation from singapore to manila on our return.Luckily i had the whole thing printed and was carrying a hard copy as well as the map of the location. part of the booking request was an explicit instruction to fetch us at the airport since our eta is 4am. there was no one who went to fetch us,no advisory on their part whatsoever. so luckily i had their numbers on my cellphone, called the front desk to find out that there was no internal endorsement though our room reservation was confirmed for that day. with no sleep we found a taxi cab to take us all the way to the hotel.at the front desk all we wanted was to go to our room and catch a good nap....it is there that we got so fuming mad after the receptionist informed us to wait for the next one to check out!!! imagine that!!! a reservation...it was sooo dissapointing with all our luggages and no room! at past 4am after an hour of waiting, we called our former hotel and got an immediate reservation with courteous attendant to meet our luggage at the taxi up to our room. i strongly wouldn't recommend anyone to this hotel. aside from the crappy corner front desk, lack of adequate lighting at the front desk which look more like a small office.no apology aside from the sloppy excuse, they didnt even offer for any form of remedy. so unconsiderate.....

Engr. Andy Sebastian

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor service!!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grun
Ginang sa London
Reviewed May 8, 2007

We chose Prince Plaza II for three reasons: 1) reasonable rate 2) close to shopping area 3) there is a swimming pool where we can chill out.

Unfortunately guests who are staying for only a few weeks cannot use the swimming pool. so not really what they advertise in their website. there is no bar in the room either.
breakfast? up to you if you do remember to order before 10 pm, otherwise get next door to old manila cafe with a nice ambiance and good food.

the friendly cockroaches keep appearing from time to time to say hello. didn't mind them much as long as my three year old didn't see them.

housekeeping staff are absolutely friendly , polite and efficient. request at your doorstep after seconds of your phone call. except we wished they didn't ring the door at 0830 in the morning to call to tidy up the room, for christ sake let the guests get their sleep until 12 noon please!!! the security are ever so helpful. sometimes i do miss the filipino over hospitality. : ) OVER ALL IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE. SAFE AND EXCELLENT very central place in makati.

• Liked — Friendly, polite staff and central location
  • Disliked — not been able to use some of the facilities they say in the website, ie swimming pool, cockroaches, furniture need a second look at if not changed.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family