“Love it More at Dusit”

Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Makati
Makati
“Love it More at Dusit”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I'm a repeat customer and I cannot ask for more since I'm very much satisfied with my overall hotel experience. From the time I inquired over the phone about the weekend rate,the staff was accommodating enough to offer me the Prince and Princess Package, which I availed of. Upon checking in, I was offered a room upgrade to Executive Suite using my Wine and Dine voucher at no extra cost. It was a surprise bonus, indeed! The next day, I had my vacationing sister and family to join us at Basix. Our entire stay was perfect. In fact, I've posted my photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Thank you very much!

Just a little note, though: I didn't see any hairdryer in the suite. No flat iron,too. I didn't need them during my stay. I'm just suggesting that you provide the room with those.

Room Tip: Room is spacious enough to have friends visit you-- with separate living room, 2 toilets, 2 tv
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Cherry D

Thanks for the first class review and we will share your comments and suggestions.

We look forward to you coming back in the near future and a small tip if you are having friends visit you at the hotel why not upgrade to an Executive Suite for that little bit more space to entertain in and enjoy the experience even more for a little extra at booking or upon arrival.

Alex Willats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Weybridge
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed in Dusit Manila several times in last 15 months. Staff are fine, but the hotel is old with terrible airconditioning system - no functioning temperature control, and room very hot/humid;visit by hotel engineering made no difference Rooms are dirty [you can't walk bare footed in the room as the carpets are very dirty] due to dust from airconditioning vents/poor filters.
Room did not have an elevated shower - only a hand held showerhead!!
It caters mainly for Filipino guests - Breakfasts in Basix coffee shop has deteriorated in last year - caters for Filipino tastes.
Ongoing construction works in next room - jackhammers used from 10am to 5.30pm-impossible to stay in room during this period.

Dear Armen1

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay experience as has been in the past.

Indeed, we are making numerous improvements to the hotel during this time in order to restore the property and I apologise for any disturbance caused during your visit. It is always a challenge when undertaking any works in the property to manage the expectations of our guests whilst making these much needed cosmetic improvements to address those issues you have mentioned.

As part of our works we are upgrading 200 bedrooms and corridors which will incorporate upgrades to the Climate control units, new bathrooms, new carpets and new technology to name but a few.

In addition we will be opening a new Dining venue towards the end of this year where our breakfast will also be served from. I have noted your comments on the variety of dishes available and will ensure that our kitchen brigade also cater to our international travelers.

I do hope that despite this you will continue to stay with us as we look to provide a higher standard of accommodation and service to our existing and new clientele over the course of the years ahead.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was supposed to be a 5-star hotel but after I checked in, I saw some cockroaches underneath the tables in the room. There was also a dead cockroach on the toilet. I immediately asked the front desk to change me to another room but they refused to do so because they claim they are fully booked. Their only solution was to ask the housekeeping to try and look for those cockroaches. I would not recommend this hotel based on my experience. There are many other hotels which have the same price but are far cleaner.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear John S

I am sorry to read that you encountered a pest upon your recent stay with us and that due to the full hotel we were unable to provide an alternative room for you to move to.

I have shared this with our Management Team and also our external Pest Control company to ensure that all areas are rigorously attended to in order to eradicate the possible recurrence of such a situation occurring in the future.

Please accept my most sincere apologies on behalf of our team and be assured that we are committed to delivering the high standards of cleanliness we are renowned for at Dusit Thani.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Dusit Thani Hotel is strategically located in the Makati Business District. It is just across Glorietta Mall and SM Deparrtment Store. It is also a few walks away from the MRT and EDSA High Way, the main thoroughfare of the Metro Manila. The hotel i also a few minutes away for the domestic and international airport. Across the hotel is also a multi-floor large parking space in case you have several guests during your stay, since only one parking slot is free for every room. Although the hotel is little dated, the room is clean an nice with a view of the pool several floors velow. The service of the hotel staff is excellent and one of the reasons why I keep coming back to this hotel. Every staff of this hotel is friendly, respectful, accommodating and goes the extra mile for the satisfaction of the hotel guests. There are also several small clubs a few meters away for dining and entertainment purposes. We stayed here as couple for an overnight stay for a business trip and I had a blissful night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Zenizen111

Thank you for the great review of the hotel and our location in Makati which ranks among the top places to stay in the city. I am delighted the staff shone through in the service they provided and we look forward to your returning the next time you are in Makati for a visit.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the Dusit Thani in Makati and was blown away from the moment I was greeted at the airport with a hotel car and driver. I arrived after a 14 hour flight from San Francisco at 4 am. When I pulled up to the hotel there were 4 men in uniform to welcome me by my name and they all seemed passionate about making their guest feel welcome. I certainly did! Check in was a breeze. I was there for 10 days and had my Chief Operating Officer with me as well as our Taiwan editor who both arrived a day after me. I really felt like I had arrived home to a Palace and I was the King. I also booked a Club Executive Suite which also granted me access to the Dusit Lounge where breakfast and conference rooms are no cost. The entire staff knew my name and hovered around us to make certain our every need was met. I made Facebook friends with about 20 of the staff people. I love Filipinos - they are the most warm, loving people and culture I have ever encountered. I am headed back in about a month to officially open my branch news bureau in Makati and will be staying again at the Dusit Thani. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stanley W. Fields, CEO
NewsBeat Social

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but if you spend a little more for a Club Executive it will make a diffe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Newsbeatmakati

Thank you for the wonderful review following your stay with us and I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the Club floor rooms and lounge as well as the warmth of the staffs during your visit.

We look forward to your returning to us soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed at this property in Jan this year. It was a good experience. The most important thing was that it was in my budget as I was on an official trip to Phillipines.

Rooms were bid enough for one person with an option of four different views (thanks to the cross shaped design of the building).

The staff was very polite and helpful. I actually got my room changed because I wanted a room on the mall side. And they very willingly gave me one.

Located in Makati, close to the shopping area there are is a lot that you can do in your free time also.

Specially for Indians, there are four dishes in the menu which can satiate your craving for Indian food if you get bored of other cuisines - Butter Chicken, Paneer Makhni, Samosas and Kathi Rolls. I tried all of them and they were good.

I would recommend this hotel to people travelling to Makati city, Manila.

Room Tip: For a better view choose the room on having view of the mall.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Theshaks

Thank you for the recent review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and visit to Manila.

Thank you also for the recommendation of our Indian Chef in our Basix restaurant. We shall be opening a new All Day Dining restaurant in due course, The Market Kitchen which will feature additional Asian stations and winder variety of cuisines and we hope you will return to sample these dishes.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and everything worked. Upgrade was offered and prices were very good compared to service. Only wish there was more potable water in rooms. Everything was excellent and the breakfast buffet had great selection for all.

1 Thank Richard H
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Richard H

Thank you for your review and comments regarding the potable drinking water in the guestrooms. We have noted this and should you require further bottles on your next stay please let our housekeeping team know so that they can provide you with additional bottles.