“Amazing”

Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff we're absolutely friendly, the food was amazing specially the buffet ♡ me and my husband enjoyed our stay here for 2 nights. Its the end of our honeymoon and we pick the perfect venue for it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Omihughesjnes

Thank you for the wonderful review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay experience. We look forward to you returning in the near future.

Alex Willats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 19, 2014

One of our family's most sought-after traditions is to spend Christmas in a Hotel. Yes. And I can't deny that just thinking of the idea never fails to makes us drool for 11 months. It is always a challenge for us to look for that perfect hotel where we would spend our Christmas at. Of course, as much as possible, we refrain from staying at the same hotel twice. So last December, we decided to stay at Dusit Thani.

Hotels are always in their best form during this season. Lobbies are well-decorated and very colourful and beaming with lights. Dusit Thani is one of the most beautiful hotels that I have stayed at, so far. The moment you set your foot on their lobby - breath of fresh air! Literally and figuratively! Our room was clean but I think it needs remodeling because it looks old, yet still well-maintained. CR was clean but the tub was a bit dusty and our electric pot was leaking.

Food is great. However, their hot coffee is not indeed hot and I think they were a little slow in refilling food trays. Some trays were already emptied, but still unrefilled.

Though there are minimal negative feedbacks about Dusit, still our stay last Christmas was one of my favorites so far.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RuthAlarcon18
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear RuthAlarcon18

Thank you for your lovely review of Dusit Thani during your Christmas staycation with us.

I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed the experience and the facilities and I hope that we will see you during the course of this year and again at Christmas time.

Makati
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Since I entered the lobby, I have felt the friendliness of the hotel staff. I was staying in the Club Executive Suite, so I was escorted to the Club Executive check-in on a different floor.
The check-in process was smooth!

To have the biggest club lounge in town, Dusit Thani Manila is really good in giving excellent service to the guests! It also has a reading room in the club lounge area!

The room itself was excellent. They separate the bedroom with the living room (with working desk) . The bathroom is huge, with bathtub and shower on the right side, and the dressing room on the left.
The bed is really comfy too.

Dusit Thani Manila has the best location, where you are a few meters away from Malls complex - SM Mall, Glorietta, Greenbelt!

Room Tip: Get the Club Executive Suite if you wanted the access to the biggest club lounge in town. And being...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Timothy P

Thank you for the wonderful review following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed not only the Club Executive Suite accommodation but our wonderful Club lounge and the 900m2 space we have on offer to our Club guests.

We sincerely hope we will see you back at Dusit in the near future and thank you once again.

Kozhikode, India
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

It is a decent hotel, very well located in the heart of Makati. Very well designed without much frills, absolutely clean, fine landscape, well equipped rooms and professional service.
That is only 10%. The rest is the warmth and personal attention lavished on you by every one. This is one hotel where the bartender making great cocktails returned the tip saying it is too much. This is one place where the house keeping boy in your corridor beats you to the lift to press the button for you. This is where the phone is picked up at first ring.
The room is spacious and well appointed. I welcomed the health faucet in the toilet absent in most five star hotels.
The security is fool proof and gives you a feeling that you are well looked after.
I enjoyed my two days here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Hammy2312

Thank you for the marvelous review following your stay with us at Dusit Thani Manila.

I am delighted to see that the staff went that extra mile to make your stay a memorable one and I do hope that you will return to Dusit in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Room n.623 it doesn't worth the 100 and more euro per night.
Furniture old especially the toilet the bath and the sink has been repainted! There is a big gap between the quality of the lobby and the room. At that time the swimming pool was under renovation but it wasn't specified when I book the hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank NicolaR78
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Nichola78

Thank you for the review and please accept my apologies that the poolside was not available due to the improvement programme we had to undertake to address this area. I do hope that the alternative arrangements we had provided to swim nearby were to your needs.

We are undertaking an extensive programme of renovation at the hotel and I am sure that should you return and try our renovated rooms towards the end of this year you will see that they offer excellent value for the range of facilities we shall be offering.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you later this year.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This used to be my hotel of choice in Manila - a decade ago.

Now its tired - the rooms are small and the bathrooms really need an upgrade.

For the price being paid its truly not worth it ........ there are better choices in Manila

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kieran11
Dear Kieran 11

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us in Manila. I am sorry that you felt the value of your accommodation did not meet your expectations on this visit.

We are undertaking a number of programme's of improvement at the hotel over the course of the next year one of which is an uplift of all accommodation at the hotel. This will involve adding new bathroom fixtures and fittings as well as a full service upgrade also.

I do hope that you will come back and try the hotel again when we have our new accommodation ready towards the end of this year.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 13, 2014

1st day problems with the shower / bath, moved to another room
3rd night, wake up with a cockroach walking on the bed, moved to another room with noise AC system and humidity smell at this time didn't reported

the employees are on automatic mode, a desk supervisor on check out came and asked me how was my stayed and told him terrible and the guy reply I'm happy to hear see you soon, they don't even heard the answer

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

2 Thank Pablo G
Dear Pablo G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and allow me to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay and the pest issue you encountered.

We have a stringent pest control programme in place to deal with such pests that are encountered in the tropics and have attended to those issues highlighted in your recent review.

We do hope that should you be visiting Manila in the future you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the service and standards expected.