Choosing a hotel in Manila/Makati can be overwhelming as there are so many options available. I ended up choosing the Dusit for a few reasons: proximity to shopping area to keep family entertained, decent reviews on tripadvisor and they are one of two hotels in Manila that offers VIP benefits for Expedia Elite customers (not that any benefits were presented to me).
I arrived at the hotel at exactly 2pm, the hotel's designated check-in time. The room was not ready and the receptionist informed me she had called housekeeping to prepare the room (why couldn't this have been done prior to arrival!). Also, I strongly noted my request for connecting rooms on my reservation as I was traveling with my nanny and 2 sons. There were no connecting rooms available. This was absolutely the most irritating issue with my stay, having my family separated. Although the receptionist gave us drink tickets and was able to block the connecting room for the following day, it was still a huge inconvenience that first day not being able to completely unpack or relax since we had to move again the next day. I was given a nice fruit tray and fresh flowers, not sure if this is due to Expedia Elite access or due to the hour-long wait. That hour felt like 3 with 2 cranky kids after a long flight.
On the first day, we were put on the 6th floor. The bellman confirmed that the rooms were non-smoking, but I could still smell traces of smoke. We moved to the 11th floor the rest of the stay. The corridors right out of the elevator always had a pungent cigarette smoke smell, which was bothersome, but the rooms smelled ok. The amenities in each room were different, the 6th floor has upscale amenities compared to those I received on the 11th floor. Also, one of my rooms must have been ADA accessible because the shower was at waist-level. This made no sense to me, at least a hook should be available so one can shower without having to hold the shower head the whole time. I did notice the showers in all the rooms were slow to drain, which other customers have complained about.
Breakfast had a good selection, but when they are busy, it's hard to get service. They also sometimes run out of the condiments (i.e. no eggs, vegetables, etc on the noodle station). Pancakes and waffles were slow to make. Overall, I would still recommending purchasing a package with breakfast vs. without. Did not try other restaurants as there are an abundance of options in the nearby shopping mall.
Beds are comfortable, but TV's seem small for the size of the room. Security is really good - you can't access floors without a room key and each parcel is checked on entrance of the hotel. Also, the airport transportation is good although a bit pricey for a 10-15 minute drive.
Overall it's a good hotel, but nothing spectacular, just average. They should make the whole hotel non-smoking like others in the area have done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Manila is located in the heart of the Philippines' premiere financial district, Makati City. The hotel is 25 minutes from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, 15 minutes away from the country's major convention centers, right-at-the-doorstep shopping malls and entertainment centers. With 537 guest rooms and suites, 11 meeting and banqueting rooms for up to 1,000 persons, bars and restaurants - The Pantry, Benjarong Royal Thai Cuisine, Umu Japanese Restaurant, Pool Bar, Grab and Go, DFiT Fitness Center and award-winning Devarana Spa. The newly opened Celebrations Lounge, the hotel's dedicated events center is located at the Lobby Level while the 900 square meter Dusit Club Lounge, Library and Gold & Silver Private Dining Rooms are located on the 17th Floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Dusit Thani Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Manila Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Hotel Manila
- Dusit Makati
- Manila Dusit Thani Hotel
- Dusit Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Manila Makati, Metro Manila