“Time for an new MD at the Dusit Thani”
Review of Dusit Thani Manila

Dusit Thani Manila
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have returned to the Dusit Thani Manila for a number of times.
Just now on 15 th August 2012 again.
I have send some feed back after my last stay to Mr. Kumar (Indian MD) and there are no changes at all, in fact the service in this hotel is on the down fall. This can only happen if the leader is useless and in this case it is the MD.
I was really looking forward to see positive changes.
I have returned to the lounge and I have experienced Goa be ignored as a guest, as it happened before. I really wondering how much longer it will take to see positive changes.

As hotels are my Home all over Asia (over 80% of my time I stay in Hotels) this is the worse in service but very convenient to me in terms of the location. I tried the Intercontinental, it is not better at all, the same storry. The only option would be the Shangri-la but rediculess in price.

Make up your mind and if you only stay short, take a deep berth and get over it...good luck

Room Tip: There are non - for the money you pay you get an "renovators dream" Just take a suit, tha...
1  Thank landueli
Write a ReviewReviews (2,217)

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Enjoyed my stay but really for a quality hotel attention to detail seems to be lacking as follows, especially considering I stayed in a junior suite:

1. I was quoted a 50% rate upon arrival for late checkout by 8pm.

When I requested this on the last day I was advised it will be 100%. Not impressed.

2. Due to late checkout last day I requested room staff to make up the room. They said no we cannot do it because you are checking out today. I asked for the manager. They replied Ok we will do it. It was not done. So they basically lied to me.

3. Finally my bed was uneven as it comprised two bases - each base was a different height!!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Spent 4 days here on business and had an enjoyable stay. Yes the hotel is a little old but the service is excellent and very friendly. Breakfast choice is huge and as I live in a muslim country it was especially great to see a whole joint of pork on the buffet! Tosca and Benjarong restaurants were fabulous - truly beautiful food. Did I mention the upgrade - that capped a great stay. Thank you Prateek and team...I will be back!

Room Tip: If on business book their business rate package - free airport transfers and wifi included.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Danelle P, Public Relations Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Khun Stuart_Birkwood,

On behalf of Mr. Prateek Kumar, thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. It gives us great joy knowing we have another guest who left Dusit Thani Manila very pleased with his stay with us. Yes, we always try to present a variety of dishes that will please the discerning tastebuds of our guests from all parts of the world. Tosca and Benjarong are indeed fabulous dining outlets. Perhaps you can check out UMU, our Japanese Restaurant next time and be mesmerized once again with the quality of its food offerings.

On your next visit, an upgrade will definitely wow you on a different level, as we launch the new Dusit Club end of this year. Indeed, another new offering from Dusit Thani Manila to all its valued guests.

Thank you once again. We couldnt wait to welcome you back.

Kap Khun Ka,

Danelle Palang

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had an event at the ballroom..... Attended a wedding event- food was super great, Reggie Jamison of banquet and his team that night was also superb, chefs were all courteous. Salesperson Mary Ann caluya was very accommodating.... Had breakfast at Basix - wide array of buffet, staff were friendly (most of them are trainees), It was busy that time because it was a weekend.. Saw their manager carrying an oval tray , a female manager(whoa!)... Probably, basix needs more staff......Another manager was doing the talking and socializing to other guests,he was choosy. He did not came to our table probably because we are Filipinos.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VertigoPhil
Danelle P, Public Relations Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear VertigoPhil,

We are happy to know that Dusit Thani Manila continues to be the popular venue for couples seeking to experience their dream wedding. With a reliable team of Events Experts, impeccable banquet service and delectable menu selections, Weddings at Dusit Thani Manila guarantees a seamlessly enjoyable celebration not only for the couple but most especially for guests like you!

Thank you for your kind feedback about the dedication of our staff in servicing our guests as well as your observations. Teamwork always works. And in our case, ensuring that our assigned responsibilities are well taken care of is the first step to the team's overall success.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kap Khun Ka,

Danelle Palang

Reviewed July 30, 2012

was not a good impression after a holiday in Boracay. Staff not very helpful...only keeps greeting but no use. They advertised 30% off in the restaurant but when asked says it is old advertisement. rooms were run down and need improvement. Be careful about the taxi drivers they tend to cheat a lot in Manila.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hotfrogwindsor
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travel a lot. Dusit Thani was referred to be my an old pal who was a Filipina. The location is excellent as it is nearby malls and other clubs. Room seriously needs some revamp. Stains in the carpet and cracked bath tub. Everything was okay but was totally dismayed with their DFit Gym.

First attempt to visit the gym: I tried to request for assistance from their Gym manager (who was the only staff present at that time) but was asked to wait (30 mins) as he was assisting an old lady whom he seems to be flirting with. To my dismay, I walked out and tried the pool instead!

Second attempt to visit the gym: I asked for assistance, the manager approached me as I started speaking he said...: I am sorry mam but I could not understand what you said. had to repeat three times and asked me...Oh that it is why I can not understand you, you seem to be eating your words! I could not believe what I just heard...Either I was slurring or he was too idiot to understand ENGLISH!!!!!!!! He was so rude to be giving that kind of comment to me!!!!! As a claiming 5 star hotel, staff should be trained to be polite to their paying customers! The old lady whom he was flirting with came in and he left me without even assisting me!!!!

Being inquisitive and investigative as I am I later found out that the old lady he was flirting with was the Rooms Manager. What a shame using the Hotel's Gym to be their love nest!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
22  Thank Jesscoop
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had so much fun during our overnight stay. Its proximity to malls
and other prime locations in Makati is an advantage when I stayed here
because I actually had two events to attend that night. It's just a
matter of walking. (I was one of the lucky winners of SM accessories
and Dusit Thani Manila's facebook contest, and again "luckily", I won
a free overnight stay at Dusit. The best things in life are free!)

I have always loved Dusit (ever since), especially the food and
service! The staff members are very accommodating and would always
bear a smile on their face. Once you give them a call, an immediate
response is right next to you. And they are helpful! Very much!

We also enjoyed the pool which is not that big, but have a private and
intimate ambience (although there are quite few staff members who
would attend to your needs in the pool area). The food served in their
buffet restaurant Basix is not compromised. The stations offer
delectable international options (well I have to credit the cold cuts,
hams, bacons and cheese station, plus the bread station and pancake
station! Actually, all!) They have sets of well-chosen breakfast
dishes but this buffet is not overwhelming, I should say. And try try
try their Thai restaurant! Benjarong! Ooooohhhh. Perfect for a dinner
with the family. You'll love it! I recommend the phad thai and the
pomelo salad.

I will surely come back! I wanna experience again the way Dusit makes
it differently. Two thumbs for their overall service!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family