“Better than good for the Money” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Somerset Millennium Makati
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Vancouver, Canada
“Better than good for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent staff - providing quick and top service. This makes a big difference in the quality of my overall first visit of Philippines. We stayed here for over a week out of the 2 weeks travelling through the country. I also liked their lounge and swimming pool facility etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed in serviced apartment type hotels in the Makati area before.This one was not nearly as nice or up to date in furnishings as others for the money. In fact I thought the web site pictures were a bit deceiving as they made the rooms look larger and the furnishings better.

The staff was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet was not great....not even close.

The location close to Geenbelt is very nice....probably the biggest plus.

The internet was extra and a bit pricey.

I will go back to where I stayed last time for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

What immediately struck me about this hotel was the service. The front desk staff was universally and incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms were large and well appointed. Bedding was excellent. Overall, we were very impressed with the hotel. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lavor N
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

In a backstreet behind Greenbelt 1, the location isn't too bad if you want access to the restaurant and shopping options of the Greenbelt and Glorietta complexes.

The rooms themselves aren't too bad - got all you need for a short home away from home.

What lets them down is their service and their fitness facilities.

I took one look at the pool and decided the water looked as if it was harbouring all sorts of things I wouldn't want to come into contact with. There were a couple of sun loungers but the setting was so grim I chose not to use them.
The gym was slightly better but still not exactly a selling point for the property.

My main gripe though was the service I received. I advised reception there was a problem with my Sky connection early on the Friday morning. 5 calls later, two visits from the engineer and by Sunday evening it still wasn't fixed. It was only when I asked if I could be transferred to one of their sister properties that they gave anything like customer service - ie they moved me to a different room. Initially I thought this was a strange solution given that they had been telling me all along the problem was with the satellite dish on the roof but went to check the room anyway. Lo and behold, the digiboxes in both the living room and bedroom worked fine, giving me all the channels I should have had.

I also thought it a bit odd that they had their security dog sniff my bags before letting me enter the property (every single time) and then also wanted a security person inside the entrance also inspect the contents of my bag. Overkill?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Skatexplorer
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room was sufficiently well equipped and the shower was hot. There is a good gym which got this review the third dot, and it is withing walking distance of greenbelt.

But the service is very, very slow. It took me 20 minutes to check out. The internet is very slow, and on one day it did not work at all. The breakfast is very limited and tastes cheap, served in a tiny room, which only just fits in the guests and staff.

Not a great hotel and very expensive for what you get, but compared to others that I have stayed in Makati it is not the worst by a long way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maximobo
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

A friend of mine recommended one of the biggest rooms found in Somerset Millennium in Makati city, its pretty spacious for a 1 bedroom unit since it has a separate bedroom, living room, dining, and kitchen. Stayed here for a week with two of my college buddies and it really has great interiors! the kitchen was just okay but the living room had great space to relax in. The internet connection was fast and gives value for your money. The guards and other security personnel we're friendly as well. Had a good swim before we left, I am thinking of coming back here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JM M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The guards are agressive and rude. It is astounding that this is part of the Ascott Hotels Group. Whereas the guard at The Ascott in Makati (at Glorietta 3) will gently wave a security wand by your bags, this guard would not let me check a room (with a hotel employee and my two-year old) without going through my bag with a stick. When I tried to get his name to report his behavior to the Ascott Group, I was stonewalled by 4 guards all lined up for full intimidation. It was dumbfounding. There is so much more to this situation, but there isn't enough character allowance to go into it.
Suffice it to say, because of work I have travelled almost all of the world. I have never been moved to write on Trip Advisor before this experience. That should say something about how bad this experience was. There are plenty of great places at this price range in charming neighborhoods- I know this. I have lived here for two years. I was doing my homework on the best place for my family to live while we have to stay in temporary quarters as it will take 2 months for our household items to be moved to our next destination.
For the record- I love and have loved my time in Manila.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family