“Beautiful hotel”

Somerset Millennium Makati
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What immediately struck me about this hotel was the service. The front desk staff was universally and incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms were large and well appointed. Bedding was excellent. Overall, we were very impressed with the hotel. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lavor N

Reviewed May 12, 2013

In a backstreet behind Greenbelt 1, the location isn't too bad if you want access to the restaurant and shopping options of the Greenbelt and Glorietta complexes.

The rooms themselves aren't too bad - got all you need for a short home away from home.

What lets them down is their service and their fitness facilities.

I took one look at the pool and decided the water looked as if it was harbouring all sorts of things I wouldn't want to come into contact with. There were a couple of sun loungers but the setting was so grim I chose not to use them.
The gym was slightly better but still not exactly a selling point for the property.

My main gripe though was the service I received. I advised reception there was a problem with my Sky connection early on the Friday morning. 5 calls later, two visits from the engineer and by Sunday evening it still wasn't fixed. It was only when I asked if I could be transferred to one of their sister properties that they gave anything like customer service - ie they moved me to a different room. Initially I thought this was a strange solution given that they had been telling me all along the problem was with the satellite dish on the roof but went to check the room anyway. Lo and behold, the digiboxes in both the living room and bedroom worked fine, giving me all the channels I should have had.

I also thought it a bit odd that they had their security dog sniff my bags before letting me enter the property (every single time) and then also wanted a security person inside the entrance also inspect the contents of my bag. Overkill?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank skatexplorer
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room was sufficiently well equipped and the shower was hot. There is a good gym which got this review the third dot, and it is withing walking distance of greenbelt.

But the service is very, very slow. It took me 20 minutes to check out. The internet is very slow, and on one day it did not work at all. The breakfast is very limited and tastes cheap, served in a tiny room, which only just fits in the guests and staff.

Not a great hotel and very expensive for what you get, but compared to others that I have stayed in Makati it is not the worst by a long way.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maximobo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

A friend of mine recommended one of the biggest rooms found in Somerset Millennium in Makati city, its pretty spacious for a 1 bedroom unit since it has a separate bedroom, living room, dining, and kitchen. Stayed here for a week with two of my college buddies and it really has great interiors! the kitchen was just okay but the living room had great space to relax in. The internet connection was fast and gives value for your money. The guards and other security personnel we're friendly as well. Had a good swim before we left, I am thinking of coming back here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JM M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The guards are agressive and rude. It is astounding that this is part of the Ascott Hotels Group. Whereas the guard at The Ascott in Makati (at Glorietta 3) will gently wave a security wand by your bags, this guard would not let me check a room (with a hotel employee and my two-year old) without going through my bag with a stick. When I tried to get his name to report his behavior to the Ascott Group, I was stonewalled by 4 guards all lined up for full intimidation. It was dumbfounding. There is so much more to this situation, but there isn't enough character allowance to go into it.
Suffice it to say, because of work I have travelled almost all of the world. I have never been moved to write on Trip Advisor before this experience. That should say something about how bad this experience was. There are plenty of great places at this price range in charming neighborhoods- I know this. I have lived here for two years. I was doing my homework on the best place for my family to live while we have to stay in temporary quarters as it will take 2 months for our household items to be moved to our next destination.
For the record- I love and have loved my time in Manila.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Manila M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recently stayed here for several nights of business in Manila. The hotel is clean and fine - nothing extraordinary, but well located. Rooms a bit small by Somerset standard elsewhere. Breakfast a bit limited unless you're into fried foods. Staff helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DTAsia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Thought I would try this property as an alternative to the more popular Makati hotels. Generally speaking was pleased with the experience. Apartments are spacious and comfortable, although a bit dated. Hallways also seemed to have a strange odor. Walking distance to Greenbelt Mall so quite convenient for eating, shopping, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful as is typical in Philippines. Not super luxury, but comfortable enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo