“Good Accommodation in unit 1902, best price, and good security”

Somerset Millennium Makati
Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good Accommodation in unit 1902, best price, and good security”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

A friend of mine recommended one of the biggest rooms found in Somerset Millennium in Makati city, its pretty spacious for a 1 bedroom unit since it has a separate bedroom, living room, dining, and kitchen. Stayed here for a week with two of my college buddies and it really has great interiors! the kitchen was just okay but the living room had great space to relax in. The internet connection was fast and gives value for your money. The guards and other security personnel we're friendly as well. Had a good swim before we left, I am thinking of coming back here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JM M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The guards are agressive and rude. It is astounding that this is part of the Ascott Hotels Group. Whereas the guard at The Ascott in Makati (at Glorietta 3) will gently wave a security wand by your bags, this guard would not let me check a room (with a hotel employee and my two-year old) without going through my bag with a stick. When I tried to get his name to report his behavior to the Ascott Group, I was stonewalled by 4 guards all lined up for full intimidation. It was dumbfounding. There is so much more to this situation, but there isn't enough character allowance to go into it.
Suffice it to say, because of work I have travelled almost all of the world. I have never been moved to write on Trip Advisor before this experience. That should say something about how bad this experience was. There are plenty of great places at this price range in charming neighborhoods- I know this. I have lived here for two years. I was doing my homework on the best place for my family to live while we have to stay in temporary quarters as it will take 2 months for our household items to be moved to our next destination.
For the record- I love and have loved my time in Manila.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Manila M
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recently stayed here for several nights of business in Manila. The hotel is clean and fine - nothing extraordinary, but well located. Rooms a bit small by Somerset standard elsewhere. Breakfast a bit limited unless you're into fried foods. Staff helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DTAsia
Burlington, VT
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Thought I would try this property as an alternative to the more popular Makati hotels. Generally speaking was pleased with the experience. Apartments are spacious and comfortable, although a bit dated. Hallways also seemed to have a strange odor. Walking distance to Greenbelt Mall so quite convenient for eating, shopping, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful as is typical in Philippines. Not super luxury, but comfortable enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jdr27
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I thought this was a good place to stay. I thought the price was a little high, but not too high. The neighborhood is good and safe. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to the Greenbelt Mall where there is lots of food and shopping. The Glorietta mall is a 10-15 minute walk with more shopping and dining options. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport with no traffic - about an hour if traffic is bad. I was in room 2205 - a nice room with no view at all - that was a disappointment. My view was of the building next door - if I looked around the corner I could barely see the Makati skyline. The apartment was in good shape. The furniture pillows had some unpleasant stains and the bed sheet had a bad stain that I had to have changed. The bathroom was good. The kitchen was not up to my expectations but I didn't use it anyway. The living room was comfortable and the bedroom was comfortable. Security is excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. They will exchange money at the desk, but you can do better by walking to the mall and going to western union there. I did about 5% better that way. Breakfast was average at best and nothing to get excited about. Also, cabs had a hard time finding this place. I printed up 2 maps from google and most cabs still couldn't figure it out. It was best to tell the cab to take you to Greenbelt 1 and then walk the last 5 minutes. Overall, I was satisfied.

Room Tip: One with a view - NOT 2205
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Marc L
QC
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I could not dispute the good location being walking distance to malls and proximity to airport. The rooms are also nice and the view overlooking Washington Park was great. The bell service and management however made the stay traumatizing.

I had to transfer to another room after my first night at Somerset. The front office was kind enough to send a bellman to bring the new keycard and assist me to the new room. Soon as I settled in and was about to unpack my luggage I found out my bag damaged (main handle was broken). Called front office immediately and was able to speak with the bellman who denied my allegation. The bellman came to my room and apologized even offered to have my bag fixed off the record. But because of his previous lie I declined the offer. The supervisor called me and investigated with the bell service supervisor. At their first visit to my room they were apologetic as they inspected my luggage. I was calm and friendly narrating what might have happened. I challenged them to look at all their CCTVs to know that the bag was in perfect condition when I arrived. The bell service supervisor agreed since he was the one who carried my bag from limo to reception. On their second visit after bringing my bag to the shop for consultation, the story changed and they were insisting the damage may have been due to my frequent flying totally ignoring what transpired in their previous talk with me. They were somewhat trying to get out of trouble by insinuating the handle broke even before I arrived which was really stupid. This blew my top and again challenged them to look at the CCTV recordings to prove my point. This forced them into helping me out. It was a stressful day which I should have spent resting. What for am I in a hotel if I couldn't rest? My luggage is still not with me and currently using a temporary bag issued NOT by the hotel but by the luggage company.

By the way, the food sucks and room service awful provided by the same restaurant Azurro.

Recommendation: the hotel/apartment may be nice in location but its the worst experience I've ever had in all of the hotels I've been to for the last 5 years. I would never recommend this apartment. Thanks Somerset Millenium because now I appreciate more the other hotels I normally go to.

Room Tip: Rooms are good, the service bad.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Allen A
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I ordered the hotel on internet under something they called Krisflyer PPS promotion, it was nothing telling me that it was an requirement to present any card to order, so i went ahead with it and got confirmation that the room was booked and confirmed, no requirement on the confirmation either. When i arrived there, after some waiting for the room to be ready, they asked me for the krisflyer card, i said WHAT? on my confirmation it says Rate Description is Krisflyer promotion, but it doesnt say anything about any requuirement to be able to access the rate. then obviously half an hour with argueing, i had to let them know that my confirmation or their terms of use didnt say anything about any requirement, so i was not ready to accept anything else than what they have confirmed to me on email. i stayed in this place before and never experienced anything like it, but of course in the philippines nothing should surprise you. It ended up with using a local rate since my girlfriend was there with me, but i must say they definitively have something to learn about customer service. Also their internet access is stupid, cause you cant use 2 computers at the same time, that is not mentioned in the confirmation either, means if you are 2 persons and want to access internet at the same time, it will cost you quite a lot extra, this is stupid and outdated. Its noting wrong with the room or location, just some major mistakes in customer treatment, sad but true. Next time i am staying over in Manila, i will need to seriously consider other similar hotels at similar rates. I work in a company where customer care is important, and this remind me how important it is to understand and make sure your customer are satisfied at all times, this hotel just lost one customer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple