“Great location. But not a pleasant stay.”
Review of BSA Tower

BSA Tower
Ranked #33 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Sydney, Australia
“Great location. But not a pleasant stay.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I picked this condo-hotel because of its perfect location, right across Greenbelt 5. Perfect for your shopping pleasure. And that is all there is to it. I can only talk about unit 807 (hopefully the other units are better).

Room 807
- Very bare/basic furnishings
- Uninviting/Absent decor/furnishings
- Shower head in main bedroom was leaking
- Generally not very relaxing atmosphere
- Noisy and old air conditioners
- Parts of windows in one of the bedroom is taped

The hallway floors (8th floor) need to be updated. 807 was a dreary place. One does not look forward to going back to it after a day of shopping.

The breakfast (a lot of reviewers have complained) is not too bad. It's not 5-star, but it arrived promptly, staff was courteous, and the food was decent. Front desk and door/bell people were all very helpful. They really give you plenty of smiles and assistance.

I didn't pay a fortune for this property. I cannot and will not go back, I'm afraid. Next time, I'll pick a place closer to Glorietta/SM area.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, request for a room at higher floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the BSA Tower for 2 nights in January.
The room was old and out dated paint was faded the lights were dull.
Walls and ceiling are dirty with mould on the ceiling
The windows had marks all over them didn't look like they have been cleaned in months.
The toilet blocked and flooded the bathroom. After the light stopped working in the middle of the night.
The elevators don't have aircon and get very hot and smell of BO.
No fresh air in the elevator lobby's
Terrible stay aircon in room very noisy made sleeping difficult.
The location is very convenient but I will never stay here again or recommend it.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ben K

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Santa Rita, null, Guam
Reviewed January 6, 2013

BSA Tower was a pretty decent hotel & at a good price! It is conveniently located across Greenbelt 3,4 & 5 and walking distance to Starbucks, McDonalds, Pancake House & other restaurants & stores. I would stay here again plus its also a safe place to walk around...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed her with my family four nights from 18 December.
Pros: Location, location and location. Right opposite Greenbelt mall with easy access to other malls such as Landmark, Glorietta etc. This is really good especially during weekends when flagging a taxi is next to impossible. The rooms are very spacious (we stayed in a two bedroom apartment), flat TV and a wide choice of channels, good kitchen equipment including a large family size fridge. Beds are comfortable and room cleaning service is very good. A 7/11 store is just outside the door. Good WIFI quality in the room which is a great plus.

Cons: Reception staff are very unprofessional and very business-like. Rooms are spacious and but dated and need upkeep. The balcony doors are locked by the management and you need to sign papers to get it opened but in any case there are no views from the balcony. Very poor breakfast that is served in rooms. Requested for an hour’s extension to vacate the room but was refused. Besides, the reception was calling us several times from 11 am reminding us to vacate by 12 Noon !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karan3842
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I actually like the place because of the location, which made almost everything easy from shopping, to dinning, to meeting friends. The front desk ladies where very pleasant, but a little flexibility with the needs of the guest will go a long way. Employees outside the office were not so friendly except for the guards, they were nice. The rooms can use a little upgrade but over all i still like it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ldlrb_80883
Tucson
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I check into the BSA Towers on Oct 14th of 2012. My stay was for 10 days, though I had to book my last night at the Peninsula, since I could not get my last night there at the Towers. Basically, this is a GRADE A location, with an older interior, and lagging service. After being there for 9 days (and I'm a polite traveler), several of the door staff still would not greet me, and were never friendly. If he's reading this review, he would know who he is.

The security guards were Very friendly, and always helpful when I was asking directions. And I found this to be true all over Makati. From the Towers, I walked all over Makati, beginning with the Greenbelt Malls, and extending out into Makati where my fiance works. For me, besides getting to spend great time with my fiance (since the company where she works is located in Makati), the best thing about staying here was the transport in and out of Makati. Very easy to travel from here.

The interior was well equipped, and pretty clean. I would stay here again. But it was a bit aged. I imagine it was constructed in the 80's or possibly slightly earlier. And the interior reflects this. There was free internet. There was a television, and I watched it so little, I really can't tell you if there was cable or not. The shower was clean, though as I said, not very modern, and there was warm water when we needed/wanted it.

Though the BSA Staff were not overly friendly, the managers of the apt who we dealt with, were very friendly. They were efficient, and quick to assess our apt on move-out, and very quick with posting my refund for not exceeding energy expenditures. Very nice. I think it was nearly 150 US, which they put back into my account via Pay Pal.

Gold was fairly close to the Towers, and it only took me about 15 minutes to get to the course where I played most. This was the old Naval base grounds that were converted to the course, I'm not remembering the name right now (possibly Mirrador?)

So I would stay here again. But mostly because of the convenience. Not because I was treated very well, or anyone went out of their way to make me feel welcome. And, there were some front desk folks who simply were impolite and could have cared less if I was a happy camper. The fixtures were aging. The Location was Excellent. And getting around Makati and Manila was a snap.

There were many new condo developers, handing out ads in the Malls. I wish I would have hung onto a couple of the flyers. I'd like to have my own place there.

Room Tip: look for the new developments.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ABAILZ06
Sydney
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night. We tried to book into The Crown Regency but unfortunately they were fully booked.
Once we found the hotel (I suggest you print off a map with the contact details as the taxi drivers don't know all of the hotel names) the staff were all very friendly and welcoming, even though we arrived close to midnight.
We booked a standard room which was very large but also quite dated. Everything seemed clean enough it is just in need of a little revamp.
The bathroom was extremely tiny, especially the shower, although we did have nice hot water.
The airconditioner was extremely loud and we couldn't possibly sleep with it on but it was also way too hot to sleep with it off, so we didn't sleep very well considering. Especially when there was no top sheet so were expected to sleep under a dooner! (not sure if the noise or the heat was worst).
The free wifi worked a treat.
Breakfast was included but was bought to your room and you couldn't request your order. I didn't bother even trying the breakast as it was chicken adobe with some dry toast (not my cup of tea but my hubby polished off both of our breakfasts).
This hotel is in a good location right accross from Greenbelt.
We wouldn't stay here again as we thought the price was too dear for what we got.

Room Tip: Find a room with a quiet air conditioner??? If there is such a thing!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple