Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$128
VIP Suite(Makati)(Great Value!)
$49
$38
Agoda.com
All reviewsmakati avenuelive bandhalal foodhotel securitydeluxe roomthe red light districtspecial thanksshort stayfront officemetro manilaphilippinespharmacytrafficglorietta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I will only come back to this hotel only if there is no option.

You will find cockroach in the room. Reported on the 2nd day morning but still found out that the cockroach was still in the room on the 4th day.

The lift was really a big issue. My customers were stuck for 15 min on one occasion and few times, we got stuck for few minutes and the lift was not moving. I have experienced few times on different dates. It is not safe at all!

On 8 Sep (Sun), the TV was not working and there was no reception and broadcast from around 1pm onwards till the next day (when I tested in the morning at around 9am on 9 Sep (Mon), it was still not working. I was informed that it was the service provider issue, cable faulty with all sort of reasons by the front desk but I am not convinced at all with the answer as I noticed TVs around the areas and the restaurants nearby were working.

Another big issue on the electricity. Many times, the power just went off in the whole building. When we were at the hotel for the event on 5 Sep, it happened 3-4 times during office hours.

On 11 Sep, starting at 8:45pm, at least 3-4 times again (at 11+pm) the power went off few seconds to a 30 seconds. I am really frustrated because it affected my work. I called the front desk and asked what happened and I was informed by the front desk that the whole Makati area was affected. I am not convinced at all because when the electricity went off, I saw there were power outside the building through the windows. I guess the staff just give some simple answer to get out of it. Furthermore, I was informed by one of the hotel staff after a few days later that the power failure was due to the hotel was testing the faulty lifts and somehow, the power got trip. So, I am not sure which version is correct.

Internet access is slow although I booked a room with the LAN connection. It was fine on the first few nights but then after, the performance really degrade. Basically, you cannot never finished a Youtube video when I tested and I could not teleconference for my business needs.

On 13 Sept which was my last night at the hotel (the 12th nights), I am very disappointed with the staff that lack of follow-up and not getting the Internet fixed. Both the LAN and wireless access were not accessible from 9pm onwards. The front desk sent a staff to my room and I explained to him that I am not getting any IP address (both LAN and wireless) and it could be their DHCP is down. He went off and said he will check but no answer or any follow-up after that. For the whole night, I am not able to check my emails and it affected my work.

I have never experienced with so many issue in all the hotels I have been staying. As I'm a regular business traveler, I can really compare that this hotel is really not up to the standard in a lot of areas.

One last thing, if you are trying to call the front desk, it will take you a while for someone to pick up your calls. At one time, I waited almost close to a minute. If you need room service to order your food, you will be pass around at times.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment about our hotel here in the trip advisor.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department and the management. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

We are very sorry about your bad experience of our lift, however it have been rectify by our contractor. It was true that our Cable TV broadcast was out of service during the period you mention, this was due to incoming cable faulty to our hotel which have been reconnected as soon as possible by service provider.

The electricity cut off around Makati do happen quite frequent some time, however we do equip with a generator which will automatic run within few seconds and support the whole hotel electricity supply. As for the weak WIFI in certain area, we are in progress of upgrading to serve our guest better.

We are committed to you our valued guests and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My cousin and I stayed at Berjaya for 3 nights. I requested a twin non-smoking room when I reserved online but when we got there they told us that the only available room is a smoking one. So I had to say no and tell them what I indicated in my reservation and they quickly arranged for a non-smoking room, which we were happy about. But when we got to the room, it was a queen room. So, we had to call again and tell them we needed a twin. Then they told us again that the only room available is on the smoking floor. That was a hassle... I thought if they had told us from the beginning that the non-smoking room is going to be a queen then we would've chosen the smoking room over it. Obviously, we needed separate beds. Anyhow, it took an hour for us to relocate to the new room and get settled.
The rooms are clean and big and ours was on a smoking floor but we didn't smell any smoke in the room. We we're surprised with the high ceiling. It was quite nice, but I guess the lights are not enough for the high-ceiling 31sqm room coz it felt dark. My eyes got tired during the 3 days I was there. Also, they didn't have a pot ready, we had to ask for it. They also didn't have a hair dryer in the room that I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a default or something we need to ask for. They have an iron and iron board though. My cousin brought her hair dryer so we didn't need to ask.
The bed is comfortable but the pillows were too thick so they felt quite high lying down on them. There were ants in the room and they got on the bed so my legs got all red with bites and allergies on the last night.
The bathroom is big and there's hot water so that was good.
The room and amenities are average, there are some good and bad, but what I really liked about the hotel is the staff. Most of them are very friendly, nice and helpful! I came from Tokyo and service in Japan is of a high standard but the staff at Berjaya could compete with it. Please keep up the friendly service and smiles. But please get rid of the ants in the room...

Room Tip: Even the standard rooms are quite big. The ceiling is high so it feels bigger than 31 sqm.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KMIZ8
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel during your recent stay.

Very much appreciate your comments about our room value for money and great staff.

As for the other comment that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. We are committed to you our valued guests and are taking corrective steps.

Looking forward to meeting you when you are back to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived at manila at 6 am, we stayed at berjaya makati. Because we are so tired,we had a nap at our room.at the first I felt so itchy,I thought that only my imagination.my 3 years old son also slept at the same bed with me. After we take a nap,we go to have a lunch at nearby restaurant. At there I saw my son's hand,leg,and body had sooooo many fleas bites anywhere. I was shocked...I never thought that our room was berjaya hotel!!!! It's never been this worst since I always stayed at berjaya when I visited kuala lumpur.... Horrible!!! The bed was awful...I will never stay at this hotel anymore....it's not suitable for berjaya's name with this kind of accomodation!!! Staying at this hotel make my holiday ruin with those fleas bites...

• Stayed: September 2013
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in Tripadvisor. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had a big nice room. It was cozy and clean. Although the carpet was like a bit dirty coz I always had to wash daughters feet it gets all dirty black hehe anyway the staff were very nice to us, and very professional, very friendly.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms on a higher floor to get a better city view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your nice stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay in that hotel for 27 days,the hotel was okay,to me its really a 3 stars,not too fancy but okay,i like that place because they have a music band every evening and its really safe,the location is great,on makati avenue,the restaurant is good but a bit expensive i think,you can have cheaper for a 2 minutes walk...personaly i am going back to philippines soon and i already book to that place again,i was satified of my stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel during your recent 27days of staying. Appreciate your comments about the great location, good restaurant and nice music band every evening.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.