“Good Location”

Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Good Location”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Location of the hotel is good with walking distance to several shopping complexes. The area is also well serviced by restaurants, laundry, etc. Booked with hotel and flight presented good value.
Overall I will not hesitate to stay in the same hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Very much appreciate your comments about the great location of our hotel and booking with our hotel are good value.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Norazman Chung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my girlfriends were given a complimentary stay in a 2 Executive Suite connecting rooms, a gift from a good friend from Berjaya Hotel. I can't deny that the hotel is a very decent place. But I have this very unforgettable experience in how staff treated us girls. To be discriminated by your own "kababayan" (countrymen) is very upsetting and sad.

1. When we got into the hotel, we were stopped by the guard and asked "what is our business?", i said "we are checking in". Of course, what do you think we're going to do???

2. The receptionist never smiled at us. The ladies on duty June 29, 2013 around 2pm. Please take care of them. They are very unprofessional. Makes me sick.

3. Me and my girlfriends dressed up to party outside, we went back to the hotel June 30, 2013, 5 a.m. Again, we were stopped by the guard asking for our I.D. It is very insulting that because we are young girls entering a hotel be stereotyped as hookers hence you're asking for IDs?! Should you just first ask nicely if we are an in-house guest rather asking for ID first? It is very demeaning and disgusting! And to be treated like this by my own people breaks my heart.

4. Checking out. June 30, 2013, 12 noon. Originally, the deal was we will only pay for 1 room; and the connecting room free of charge as per conversation with the this generous friend who booked our rooms. The lady on duty that time is asking us to pay for two rooms. So we contacted our friend to make sure of everything, not did we know he already paid for two rooms free of charge! This good friend asked to us give the phone to the receptionist and he will talk to her, overhearing the conversation, the lady denied she is not asking us for payment! What a liar!

BEWARE! The receptionists who never smiles and a huge liar. And the discriminator guards. REMEMBER, before you get to their amazing rooms, you'll have to fight off these low life workers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carla L
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department and action will been taken to the staff concern. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Malmø, Sverige
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Efficient and with a good service. Always fast reaction on your requests.
Easy to communicate with the staff.
Everything in the room did work as expected. Good quality aircondition.
Good location - close to shopping, banks and bars.
Only thing I missed was a real continential breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Makati Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our hotel and staff that made your stay memorable.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I travel to manila enroute to cagayen d oro to do mission work and I have stayed in many hotels , I overnight in manila the beryaya I booked online and the room they gave me was like 2 rooms in one could not fault it shower and facilities great people complain about the lifts slow never bothered me on 17 floor the restaurant excellent 2 bars also entertainment every night you can even sing if you want to, all together I asked to book on my return they advised me much cheaper to book internet enjoyed my stay will return in October looking forward to it thankyou all Robert booth.

Room Tip: 17 floor was excellent no noise have a look first if not sure
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in October 2013 and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Checked in here last June8,2013
Well the hotel is good and decent but reception staff needs more training and should be more professional.
Seriously the RECEPTION staff needs to be more professional with they're job.
(Act Professional, Speak Professional, show smile, be attentive and have Ethics)
Very slow service (POOR) I didn't see any professionalism at all.

Hotel was good and good location if you are after the nightlife and restaurants.
Room is good and spacious. I have no bad comments about the room.
Other Elevator is Out of Order.
Food Room Service is fair enough and prices are really affordable.
HOTEL is good RECEPTION STAFF are NOT.

I hope you respect my comment as it only shows what I have experienced.
My first Stay and quite disappointed.
BERJAYA MAKATI Management you should do something about RECEPTION STAFF
send them for some Professional training. All assigned last June8,2013 Saturday Afternoon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

Very much appreciate your comments about the great location of our hotel and good room.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I traveled to Manila for an overnight trip over 11th-12th May and chose Berjaya after going down the Makati hotel list alphabetically. Service - very good. Room/bed - good. Location - downtown Makati, and good as well (easy amenities, restaurants and pharmacy just outside).

But the food was horrible ! Being a Malaysian chain hotel (Berjaya Group), I was indeed impressed to see, on arrival, their in-house promotion of Malaysian foods, including Penang Char Koay Teow. I tried this on Saturday afternoon and it was shockingly *dark-sauce sweet* and the furthest thing from what was promoted - "the real thing". It was also garnished with capsicum ! Being a Penangite myself, quite a few other 'rules' were broken here with what I was served, but I'll leave it at that.

I wonder if the recipes were QC-ed prior to being listed on the menu ? In this case, quite sure it wasn't.

Will I go back ? Definitely - for the service, location and surrounding amenities. But this time, I'll stick to local and Western fare when I eat in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which doesn't look into the adjacent apartment block. It's quote close and ca...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel.

Very much appreciate your comments about the good services, location, surrounding and amenities of our hotel.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our kitchen department. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we are looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression of our Malaysian Food with a more positive one.

Littleton, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 11, 2013

the hotel was great,staff was polite and eager to please,we had a small problem with the a/c..called the front desk ..there was a guy there to fix it immediately..it was 11 pm..We had breakfast and lunch with the manager ,she was a lovely person,made us feel special.it was like we knew her all our life..we even traded some recipes.she was amazing.I was so impressed I even asked her for a job cooking lol..i would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite,kitchen 2 bathrooms,large living room..great for families
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Comments like this continue to inspire us to do better in servicing our guests and clients. Rest assured that the compliments will be extended to the people who helped to make you stay beyond expectation