“A good night sleep”

Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Makati
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“A good night sleep”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had booked a twin sharing room for 3 nights on the upper floors of the hotel so I was happy to be given floor 19. Supposedly it was already renovated, but went to a friends room on the 23 and those rooms are much nicer (although I prefer the carpeted floor of my room).

Checkin was quick and simple, and manager Deejay was really helpful and friendly.

Only gripe was I had a cockroach in the toilet when I got there. Big fella but managed to kill him on my own.

Breakfast was alright, Philippines fare and international selection as well. They had a live band at the bar most evenings but seating is rather limited.

Wireless internet is available on every floor and its free. But occasionally the network would be unstable making it unusable.

Tried the swimming place but its freezing (for the Manila weather). Its on the 5th floor by the gym and since it is covered it doesn't get the sun at all. Not good in you want to get some tan.

The hotel is very near fast food joints, and a mall. The bigger malls like Greenbelt is just 10 mins walk.

Room Tip: Get the upper floors!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mazran Z
BerjayaMakatiHotel, Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Mazran,

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff and our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Makati Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Maria Aurora Rementilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good:
Staff they are friendly and very caring.. The bell men are very good and the manager au is very good hotel manager and very friendly and has helped us with all our needs

Bad:
Food last year was better, food been Very cold and does not taste the same.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mr. Danny,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in trip advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention to the related department and I apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

It's a friendly place nice people here , food isn't that nice as compared to last year ! Hotel manager AU is amazing she great with customer service and sits down and comunicates with people. Love how the hotel does not let lady boys into hotel. Got some pretty waitresses here at berjaya . Internet could be a little faster with less drop outs as being a tourist we rely on a wifi to keep in touch with family and friends .

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mr. Achilluzzo,

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Dint get much time to spend in the hotel because I was on bussiness visit but whatever time I spent was relaxed. Helpful staff (Except for house keeping dept which require minimum 2 reminders for anything...) gym is bit cozy but has all the basic things!
And the best thing they have is the live show every night (not that grand but small band with a vocalist really sets the mood for the evening...must try)

Room Tip: Generally breakfast is complementory in any hotel but not here! make sure that you get this sortedou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Deepesh

The problem that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 16, 2012

There's plenty to love about this hotel even if we were there for an office function.

First - their rooms are clean and quiet. Love the beds and extra pillows. I could have stayed inside the room as much as I would want to, but I was there for business.

Second - their food. Some items are permanently in their breakfast buffet, but of the more than 7 times I ate breakfast there, some became my favorites - I just got to have them every time. They serve really great snacks and lunch too - but I think they serve fish fillet for lunch (albeit with different types of sauce) too frequently.

Third - their frozen margarita. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back ASAP.

Fourth - location. For dinner, we never ran out of options where to dine in. There's just too many nearby restaurants to try.

Fifth - their really fantastic staff. They are very attentive and it was nice seeing their smiles the entire time I was there.

Sixth - their lotion. Is it just me or is their lotion really that fragrant and relaxing?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jam_hour
BerjayaMakatiHotel, Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love the Berjaya Makati Hotel! It fits me just perfect. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the staff is always very pleasant to be around and the attention to the special needs of a traveler is always spot on. More importantly the location of the Berjaya Makati Hotel is right in the heart of action on Makati Ave. where all your needs are all close by, but surprisingly it is not noisy or distracting at all to reside in the rooms.

I have tried many of the other hotels in Makati Ave, some of which are considerably much higher priced or don't have all the facilities which you need, but the Berjaya Makati Hotel will be one of my preferred place to stay. However, so many of the other hotels in the Philippines can be rather unpredictable and unreliable. But the staff of the Berjaya Makati Hotel know what foreign travelers are looking for and what they have come to expect in a hotel. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends.

Stayed Oct 20th 2012 - Oct 25th 2012 [room 1907]

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eRudenas
BerjayaMakatiHotel, Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Rudenas,

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The public area and ground floor entrance frankly are very off putting and when I first arrived I thought I had come to the wrong place. It was like a 2 or bad 3 star hotel, but I persevered.

I had a high floor room, 23rd floor which I understand have been recently renovated. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The decoration which was new was not really to my style and I thought done in the style which was popular about 15-20 years ago. However there is no doubt that the room was 4 star, even if the rest of the hotel was not.

One draw back of the hotel is the lifts. There are three lifts, but one of the lifts does not have its management system integrated with the other two. Consequently you need to press both down buttons to ensure that the first available lift will stop for you. Unfortunately the next lift will also stop, because it is not aware that you have already gotten into the lift. This means that you lift journey will involve the lift stopping at many floors, when there is no one waiting for the lift.

It has been a few years sine I last stayed in Manila and I understand that the economy is now growing rapidly and there is a shortage of hotel rooms in Manila. This means that hotels are now much more expensive than they used to be. Accepting that, I suspect that there must be better value for money options in Manila than this Hotel and I would be reluctant to stay again

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have been recently renovated
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Steve.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.