“a week in makati”

Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed August 25, 2012

great value for money. central in Makati. lot of restaurants around, easy to get a cab. night life district walking distance.
should be a bit more clean. but good bed, good toilet. friendly hotel staffs. good internet connection
basic breakfast.
after 4 days they moved me into a suite with no extra cost. very nice!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marco8960
BerjayaMakatiHotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Mr. Marco,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our hotel.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Makati Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

There are newer reviews for Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Great value for money amid many other business hotels in the area. Old room, carpets are not clean, bed is comfortable and overall a basic hotel for one night stays. Next to many eating places and cabs are easily accessible. Friendly hotel staff.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Adele S
BerjayaMakatiHotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Adele,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments of our hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

It was December 2011 when my friends and I checked in at Berjaya Hotel Makati. Nice location as placed in the area. I bought a voucher in a group buying site, I should have checked the site first, as the group buying site says original price is around P10K. Silly me, anyways, I have saved around P300 and won't do this again.

Place is good, they have a singers on Friday and Saturday nights on their lobby, although it all can be seen outside with their glass windows. Tsk. They are near many fastfood and convenient stores, so you don't have to dine in their resto. Wifi access is reliable and fast.

The room is good enough, they should have put decent lights, not just the lamp shades to illuminate the room. Toilet is clean, a bit common.

The pool is too cold, they don't have a heater. It's ok but the chlorine is too much.

Breakfast is awesome, a plus. Filipino breakfast served buffet style, something to look forward to.

Overall, if you're a backpacker and looking for somewhere to stay, look for another hotel or inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank r2_nhel
Berjayahotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Mr. Nhel,

Thank you for taking the time to to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to serve you again in the near future

Reviewed July 30, 2012

An old hotel that is refurbished when Berjaya took over. The smell upon entering the hotel smells 'old'. Room size is reasonable. Very basic with bed, 2 night tables, 2 chairs, one table and a working desk. Clean. At least they have changed the carpet. The built-in wardrobe is re-done and looks new. As I said they have renovated the place. The staff are very courteous. Well trained. Good service and front desk staff.
The negative point is that, when it rains, the hotel has no shelter for vehicle to drop on and off passengers. But staff are there ready to help shelter you with an umbrella.
Food is ok but pricey!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony Y

Dear Mr. Tony

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

After reading some not so impressive reviews of Berjaya Hotel Makati here on Tripadvisor, I have to admit I was a little skeptical about this hotel. From the moment I arrived with my business partner, we were immediately greeted and assisted by the security staff outside. Upon check in, everything went very smoothly with Ms. Marichu at the front desk. Within minutes we were in our room. The 2 bedroom executive suite was a perfect choice for us. Having 2 separate bedrooms and a living room, we found it very convenient even to invite our suppliers to the room for a mini-meeting. The hotel overall is a great choice due to its convenient location, extremely friendly staff, and cleanliness. Free onsite basement parking was very convenient for us. Free bottled drinking water daily in the room. Free Wifi was fast enough. Overall I would have to say the best part of the hotel is the hotel security. They were always at the front door screening guests especially at night, which was a great feeling that they cared for the guests in the hotel. Thank you Berjaya Hotel Makati for a wonderful 10 day stay. Having stayed at many hotels in Makati, we will definitely stay at this hotel again.
Regards,
Team Mabuti Karaoke

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nader N
Berjayahotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Ms. Nadern,

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Had an overnight stay in Berjaya Manila Deluxe room last 7/14. I arrived in the hotel earlier than the check in time, room was reserved and the front desk girl assisted me promptly. Room was quiet, clean & spacious with 2 single beds, crisp linens and yellow lamps. Complimentary bottled water and coffee is available in the room. Wifi is free but weak. I asked if the routers are having issues and their technician was courteous to assist explaining that signal is weak if you go inside the room. Flat iron and board are readily available in the cabinets you just need to ask for an adapter, funny because I was looking for an outlet that would fit the plug finding none I realized that I need to call for assistance. LG flat screen TV w/ cable channels was a very good entertainment piece. Toiletries are ok, no hotel slippers; lazy I didn't bother ask for one. We went in and out of the hotel to visit nearby clubs and restaurant their security personnel were always accomodating. There were lounge performers at night playing music I think they always have this scheduled every night. Breakfast buffet is Php450 per head, a bit pricey, selection was nice but limited, could be better. Check out was fast, Marichu from front desk gave me a gift umbrella. Thank you for a pleasant stay. Yes I'm staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank eldrigemichael
Berjayahotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Mr. Eldridge,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable. I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal in our hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my first trip to the Philippines, my fiancee booked us a room here for the first two nights of my stay. We absolutely loved this hotel! The room was clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the staff was unbelievably nice. The general manager Au went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we could possibly need. All in all a great way to start my stay in the Philippines! I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Todd H

Dear Mr. Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable. It was truly our pleasure to serve you.