“Stayed 7-12-12 to 7-14-12”

Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
Ranked #44 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my first trip to the Philippines, my fiancee booked us a room here for the first two nights of my stay. We absolutely loved this hotel! The room was clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the staff was unbelievably nice. The general manager Au went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we could possibly need. All in all a great way to start my stay in the Philippines! I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Todd H
Berjayahotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Mr. Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable. It was truly our pleasure to serve you.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was just overnight stop from US to Manila--to Mumbai. Physically close to airport (about 5 miles) but traffic in that direction from airport is horrible. Took more than one hour to get there early evening. Taxi sat for more than 45 minutes at intersection less than 200 meters from hotel entrance. Online price was very cheap though----pre paid less than $60 for very nice room and passable breakfast buffet

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Manila Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

All the rooms and every thing is ok and great service

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Greetings from Berjaya Manila Hotel!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful comment here in Trip Advisor.

It is our pleasure to serve you here in our hotel.

Thank you and we are looking forward to serve you again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is the substandard version amongst the substandard hotels of Manila. The building is ugly, the room I was given was stinking and look outdated. The bed was as good as jail cell one. TV remote didn't work. I gave up calling for assistance after twenty ring tones unattended. The bathroom and toilet were shabby with welcoming dark hair on the floor. The taxis working with the hotel will try to rip the tourist off with a 600 php fee to the airport unless you demand to have the meter working.
Flee this hotel even it is offered and paid for by a friend. It's a creep. On top of this, it isn't worth the US$ 50 I paid for... All in one: a real disaster!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank captainolive
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Captain Olive

Thank you for taking the time to tell us why our service failed to meet your expectations.
We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it have caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Pretty convenient location. Everything's a walk away or 5 minute-taxi ride.
Staff are competent and knowledgeable. Service is great but not personal.
Rooms can be improved but you get what you pay for.

Stayed here with a a visiting client since I cannot accommodate him at home.
Comfortable, clean, good choice for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Mr. Pete Hansen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Had a four night stay and it started off bad. Didn't have the room I reserved even though I called the day before to confirm, had to settle for two single beds. The hotel is old and needs updating, the hot water in the shower only lasts for a couple of minutes then its only warm. The room was average at best. The biggest issue was the food. We used room service a few times the first couple of days then gave up and went to local restaurants delivering. Each order was either wrong, cold or just not up to standard. They could not even give us a decent plate of french fries. I can't imagine a hotel that claims to be what they are with food so terrible. I travel quite a bit and use room service a lot, and I know sometimes things can go wrong, but this was horrible. I would never go back and would not recommend it to anyone. There has to be better choices in Makati.

Room Tip: Pick one in another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My brother, me and our wives stayed here for 3 nights. After we left Berjaya Hotel unauthotized took out nearly 28000 PHP (app. 3600 DKK) on his creditcard. Now more than 1 month later and after a lot of trouble we finally got the money back.
First they denied, then they finally admitter, then they dragged it, then they claimed to have reverted the money, but to a wrong account. Finally we got the money back and an excuse, but we have had taxi and telephone expenses in connection with this experience. The hotel itself is of average standard. Our advice: Don't stay there

Stayed: March 2012