“Average Hotel”

Copa Businessman's Hotel
Ranked #66 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Checked in for a night to prepare for an early morning flight to Caticlan the next day.

The rooms are dated but the overall atmosphere is quite ok. The Refrigerator is quite load but is working ok. The restrooms are also spacious and comes with complementary soap and shampoo. Overall, an average hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank nsyabut

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I made a reservation here based on internet reviews. After staying for 2 days at saint Ilians, we wanted to be nearer the greenbelt area. The hotel itself is fine. Service is fine. Location is the best. The absolute killer and the reason I'll never stay here again is the beds. They are completely uncomfortable and hard as rocks. The pillows are no better.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank tuck4x4
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Prior to booking with booking.com, I already read recent reviews of the hotel and was ready for all the negative points on the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised! Check-in was a breeze, front desk staff was accommodating, the room (standard twin) was large and clean, daily fresh supply of toiletries, linens & newspaper, Free breakfast was served fast and hot. Everybody seemed courteous and accommodating. Yes, the hotel shows its age but it was clean and safe. No free wi-fi, though.

Location was prime - just across Greenbelt. I will surely be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank anita s
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Booked through Asiatravel, the rate we paid (just above 2000 pesos) made it a very competitive offer. Opened in 1997, the hotel shows its age (our ceiling a bit run down) with old style pretty cheap furniture. But clean, queen size bed and a renovated shower with excellent water pressure and (very) hot water. Cable TV, fridge and morning delivered newspaper. Quiet. Decent breakfast included. The only real negative point is the absence of free WIFI and abnormal fees for access: 100 P / hour, 500 P/day. Although I gave it an average rating, I consider it above average compared to the neighboring competition of similar level hotels along Pasay Road that all have an excellent location next to (2 minutes walk) the Greenbelt area of shops, bars and restaurants. A real good deal at the price we paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oindu_des_Alpes
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel mid-February 2013. I booked through the 'online booking'. The pictures look great, but I got far from my expectations. Equipment in the room is very old, limited breakfast choises.

Room Tip: Avoid Room number 305.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Totosp
Reviewed November 24, 2012

*During our booking at the booking.com, the quote was only PHP 2338.9 (43.97 euros) but during our check-out we payed PHP 2760.00 (52.00euros) which is PHP421.00 higher. We don't know where the hell the increased come from and we don't have the time to argue because of the flight to catch.
* Long walk from the MRT train stations.
*No free Internet (wifi). If you need internet access, need to pay 1.5-2 euros per hour.
* I will never recommend this hotel because during our check-in, the staff was so rude and unpolite.

Room Tip: Not recommended at all
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MigsDeManille
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Do not go to this hotel. I had planned on staying at another hotel but it was full. I remembered the copa businessmans hotel was close to the makati shopping centre so booked. It was small and run down looking. I checked my luggage and Karen informed me that if I lost the thin little wisps of paper there was no way I would get my luggage back they would keep it. I left them a security deposit in Australian dollars as I was leaving the next day and wanted to spend most of the pesos I had left. I stayed the night they had cable tv, shower was good except the water leaked all over the bathroom floor through the tiles. I wasn't worried about the out of date decor or dark room, however, when it was time to check out they gave me Philippino pesos. I argued with them over this for half an hour and they refused to give me my money back in dollars, I was leaving to go to Thailand that day and I now have more philippino pesos and less money to spend in Thailand. They obviously made a profit on my money and told me that I can go to the bank and buy Australian dollars if that is what I wanted. They checked out how much they would get back if they changed it and refused to give me back my Australian dollars, I was even willing to accept american dollars. Internet was a hassle. , DO NOT GO HERE, IT IS NOT GOOD..

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, they are not trustworthy, and only want to please their hip pocket.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo