Greenstone Serviced Residences Makati
$214
$109
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
$114
Shangri-La.com
$119
$39
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$49
$161
$151
$97
$83
$100
$94
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What I really liked about this place was the location. It was in the Makati business district area and I felt pretty safe walking around the area. This place is not too far from the Greenbelt Mall, a good walking distance, and have a lot of eateries close to this hotel.

The hotel is showing some signs of wear, especially the rooms. It was not worth the price we paid. However, the suites are huge and was cleaned daily! We had the 2 bedroom family suite and had plenty of space to accommodate a family of 6. The living room is spacious and not to mention the full service kitchen. They even had a little room for the laundry area that had a washer but no dryer. They do have a dryer for free at the hotel guest services area.

Breakfast was okay, we only ate there twice and was not overly impressed. There is a good coffee shop beside this hotel that I preferred going for breakfast.

As for customer service, I thought the hotel staff were awesome! They always made sure to greet you when coming in and out. The staff were really friendly and their security personnel were very courteous and helpful. I have 2 little ones and so when they see me coming out or in with bag full of groceries and whatnot, they always make sure to assist me.

This place may be showing signs of wear but is not the case with the employees. I would recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Being in the central district in Makati gives this service residence its trump card. Another plus points are their large apartments/rooms and the good facilities for guests.

The customer service can be improved a bit more tho. Well actually ... a lot more. Simple things like smile a bit more, greet your guests, explain to them about the elevators, the shops around the corner etc etc. Its all about giving the little extra to the customers and the residences, and making them feel a bit more welcoming, instead of just someone who happens to stay the night.

Hope with these and other constructive comments herewith, the management can improve a bit more.

Would recommend this place if you are fine a with just a simple layover. For the price that I paid, I would expect a much warmer and friendlier service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Greenstone used to be the old Somerset hotel in makati business district. It's a really very good 5 star hotel in my opinion. We booked an apartment and it was truly a nice place for our 6 night stay.

Special mention to "mike" the porter who was always smiling and helpful. The front desk always had someone who was willing to help us out with shopping queries and the amenities where good.

It had a gym. Swimming pool and a golf putting green perfect cures from my hangovers.

The elevators where being serviced hence getting to your apartment was slower but apart from that it was a memorable experience. They did treat us Australians perfectly.

Cheers to the management team I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Dalvin_au
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 2 years ago on my first trip to Manila and found it a decent place to stay for business trips. But I didn't factor in the fact that the rate was pretty high for what it offered. After staying at other hotels of the same price range, I found that you have better options.

True it's in the business district of Makati and close to lots of things, but the service is really average. I stayed at the Fraser Place right on the next street and it's fantastic.

What bothered me this time around is their attitude. They insisted on charging my personal credit card for fear that my company wouldn't honor the payment agreement. I told them it's fine because I can expense it. But then they decided to refund me, during which process some significant amount (especially by local standards) evaporated due to exchange rate fluctuations.

I wish them the best with the new name and new management; but it's gone from my list.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the roof to reduce the noise from the street
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank loupedin
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Possibly the most frustrating and disappointing accommodation I have ever stayed any where in the world! For a so called 5* property, it was a complete disaster, give this place a wide birth. There is obviously some management issues going on which is clearly evident. The security was extremely intimidating in the lobby to say the least with no less than 15 guards at any one time. Over night the front doors were SMASHED and were barricaded up to prevent "somebody" from entering. The key card door system was not working and i had to get a customer service person to accompany me to the 28th floor every time i wanted to enter my room. There are no service elevators in the property and all of the staff travel on one of the 2 elevators all day long. There was no communication by the management in any respect. When I asked to know who the GM was they said there was not one . . . . . what a joke. GO ELSEWHERE

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business