“First impressions count - I wanted to leave here after just one night !”
Review of My Dian Suites

My Dian Suites
Ranked #34 of 60 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“First impressions count - I wanted to leave here after just one night !”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Pre-paid 5 nights at MyDian with Asiatravel .Confirmed an early check-in the day before , due to my early morning flight arrival.

On arrival at 10am I was told that no standard rooms were ready, and that for 100 peso per night extra I could be 'upgraded' to a room on the 7th floor and check in immediately. Being knackered, I agreed.

I soon discovered that the room's wifi didn't work! So in reality I had actually been downgraded as my package was actually called 'room WITH wifi' ! I asked to change rooms, which was grudgingly agreed to later that evening .

Next morning, I woke up to find that there was no water . I couldn't brush my teeth, take a shower or flush the toilet . Not a good predicament to be in after already having had the morning number-two!

Due to my experiences over the first two days, I had already packed my bags & was searching online for alternative accomodation; But on checking, found that the water supply to my room was restored. So as I had already pre-paid, I opted to stay for the remaining nights and 'make the best of it' rather than forking out any more money.

The bed was quite hard and it was not a coil/springmatress, but some kind of solid foam thing, which resulted in me having backache. The water pressure in the shower, when there was any, was so low that the shower produced just a tiny trickle of water and wasn't strong enough to drive the hot water heater.

A couple of good points: There is a 19" tv on the wall, with a selection of 30+ channels including movies. There is a very effective inverter-type aircon which keeps the room nice and cool.

As I discovered on the second day, the room is only cleaned if you specifically request it. Make sure you request cleaning, because if you leave any food or drink in the room, the place is soon swarming with ants!

There is no breakfast . There is a small fridge and a microwave provided , but no kettle. The room comes with a small table and chairs complete with two place-settings , which is totally surplus to requirements as there are no restaurants or shops within walking distance from which to purchase food .
In fact, there is nothing within walking distance, so going anywhere involves spending at least 500 Pesos in taxis there & back. Better to spend 500 extra on a more convenienty-located hotel.

The property is on a busy street in a 'barangay' (slum-like) area , and there is a lot of traffic noise. The constant beep-beep of vehicle horns in Manila is annoying and you need to wear earplugs or turn up the tv !

Also, on Saturday night, thru until (would you believe) Sunday afternoon, there was a loud rock band playing across the road . This resulted in a sleepless night listening to the same handful of songs being repeated over and over. Not good!

The staff aren't particularly attentive or helpful , preferring Instead to constantly play with their mobile phones and not even looking up to acknowledge guests.

I stayed at Tune on previous occasions, but thought I'd try something different. Completely regretted it after a day, and certainly wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank WorldBreeze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Overall the room was satisfactory for the three nights I stayed there. The air conditioning worked well and the bed quite comfortable. The location itself was quite good being a reasonable distance to the City Centre and access to transport options. Staff were pleasant and quite helpful. On the downside the area and particularly within the hotel itself was very noisy making it difficult to sleep if you didn't have earplugs. I couldn't access hot water which made for brisk showers and the room itself wasn't cleaned nor bins emptied at all in the time I stayed there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank AussieTraveller1674
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My Dian Suites is certainly a great choice of accommodation when traveling to Metro Manila. It has more than the basic room amenities yet in an affordable accommodation rate. It is also a great option if you're looking for a place in the heart of the metro to spend a night to be away from its craziness and just have some quiet time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank marxtermind
Reviewed March 19, 2014

r someone who's new to Manila. The rate is very reasonable with all the amenities - comfy bed, shower, fridge, microwave, air condition, cable tv, water heater, and WIFI! Perfect for backpackers! Just beside is a chic Culasa Cafe serving good breakfast, pasta, pastries and just a few walk from MiniStop. And the staff are very warm, helpful and informative. We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Beejay0708
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed in this place twice.. The room is nice and clean, they have hot and cold shower, a cable tv, it has a mini ref, a microrave, a mini sink and electric kettle. The place is near to cash and carry mall. Which is very convienient for me.. The resto on the ground floor serves delicious food and pastries. Even mini stop is only a walk away from the place.. The place is also near to lrt station. The staff are nice and very polite.. I would recommend this place to travellers whose on a tight budget in finding a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Aimz24mc
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We've enjoyed ourselves staying at this hotel. it is definitely great value for money and is probably the best hotel in that area, as a result we extended our stay.It is clean nice hotel that got everything right. You would get a nice accommodation where nothing annoys you and everything seems just right. I would highly recommend this place to travelers on a about budget. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kryz Fhyza S
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for three weeks and would consider going back.
The good: Near Cash and carry mall that has all your needs for your room, plus theater and money changers. Near Inasol Mang which serves Pinoy style chicken, pork and fish dishes, 24 hour break stop store on the corner, And 2 laundry shops on Dian (Don't go to the one across the street, clothes come out dirtier then when they went in), a couple of dive bars around the neighborhood. Hotel is Newer and overall clean. Close to LRT and taxis are not hard to catch from the door, even the guard will help if you ask. Downstairs is Calusa restaurant which serves breakfast to you if reserved from the night before. Nice place and fair prices. Staff is helpful and friendly, but took a while to warm them up. Rooms on the front have a bigger balcony and nice view of downtown Makati, which is close as well for nightlife and Upscale Glorietta malls. Nicer Queen bed and Flat screen TV that you can hook DVD player up to. A/C blows very cold. Room has microwave and small refrigerator with food storage by the sink. Also comes with dining table and chairs, two small closets for clothing.
The bad: When checking in I reserved an Executive room, which they gave me one on the backside which are NOT executive rooms, After having them clean the drain in the shower, that was not even draining, I noticed the larger room in the morning and noticed the size difference, went to the desk to complain ,and was assured they were the same size. Upon showing the attendee the size difference was once again told they were the same. As requested I asked for the manager to come when available and was given one of the larger rooms on the front of the building. This room had no wifi router in the room so my girlfriend complained as it said free wifi, switched the room again and everything seemed fine, until the sink started to overflow in the kitchen from underneath the cabinet. They came in my room almost everyday to empty this box drain under the sink since the drain was built wrong, or just faulty design plan. When cleaning the rooms, you have to make sure they do the full job, trash, floor, bed, bathroom, toilet paper etc. otherwise you will be calling them back again and again ( I think they have a lot of hotel interns working there). After everything was straightened out, it was a relaxing environment. Hot water pressure is low, as only the small hose is hot water, not the big shower head in the pics. Now that I know what to look for and ask for, I would entertain the idea of going back, but a lot of stress the 1st time.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms only on the front side. Preferably top floor.