New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
$111
$104
  • Pool
Fairmont Makati(Makati)
$107
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$48
$77
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This was my first Philippine Hotel I ever stayed at, way back in 2006 and I remember reading the reviews at the time. They were not so flattering. Yet being budget concious I still booked it.
The Hotel had a tired look about it, the security guard looked tired. The reception was a sit down affair in a tired looking lobby with tired looking receptionists.
The lift was as tired as the hotel. The hallway had a classic Philippine musty smell to it. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms clean albiet a bit tired looking. The beds were large and fairly comfortable.
Even the towels and linen looked tired with the classic Philippine grey towel effect.
Fast forward......
Six years later I came back. Same tired old everything like it was in 2006. Yet I came back for a night or two mainly because of its location, one street away from the Girly Bars, massage parlours and basically in the same street as the restaurants. The other reason was the price of course fairly cheap. Also because it is 20 minutes away from the Airport and there are a stack of taxis always available. Never ever ate there, better food options in the restos close by I believe. Somehow I like it but only for short stays.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank PetePM
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We went for 2 nights in Millennium Plaza hotel in Makati, the drainage was damaged when you take a shower, our room got flooded. The aircon didnt work properly because the water came into the room as well. The TV sucks, and almost zero connection. The WIFI didnt work too, they sell you a dial-up card ( old fashion way) and it didn't worked too. The breakfast was beef, but it tasted like concrete. Our opinion? Most bad hotel in Makati, Manila and far tooo expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank anton z
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I am a traveler and stayed in so many hotels, inns and even transient houses for the past 15 yrs.. I've been staying in just one hotel in Makati since 2003 and considered it as my second home because of its excellent service.. But, due to my friend's preference who's on vacation, I tried to book at MILLENIUM PLAZA hotel via AGoda.. I find the price already competitive and because of the kitchenette.. On March 23, as we arrived the hotel, giving us a parking slot is like- a big favor that we need to be grateful for.. As we approach the info desk, we already felt the cold, unfriendly and unaccommodating ambiance.. Receptionist was so stiff and too strict while talking to us.. ( I right away thought that I made the biggest mistake in booking to this hotel,, but It was too late for me to withdraw my reservation)..though the bed and linens are Ok, pillows are not comforting..we checked-out on the 24th (great that we only booked for just one night as trial).. Along the way, Ive realized, i left my shoes at Millenium ( Figlia).I didnt bother to go back and get the shoes, as am in Makati on March 28 again.. ( i was confident that whatever a guest forgot and left, they will keep it in their safekeeping section).. On March 28, I immediately went personally to Millenium and asked about the shoes, ..Just like my first visit, it was again very disgusting,, the 2 guys in the reception aren't sure how to deal with my concern.. they let me waited for couple of minutes just to say, they will still check with the Housekeeping in-charge.. I have already sensed that as incompetent as they are, it will take them long before they can give me an answer, I asked them instead to call me or deliver my shoes to my hotel (Oxford Suites).. night was over but haven't received any single call from MILLINEUM PLAZA HOTEL about the shoes I left. ..So, the next thing i did was, to asked the receptionist of Oxford Suites to do the follow up on my behalf as am already too busy at work.. After several and subsequent calls that Oxford suites made to Millenium Plaza Hotel,, result was,, they just simply inform that, MY SHOES IS NOT THERE AND THEY COULDN'T FIND IT.. after that, I haven't receive any call or any notification about my complaint from MILLENIUM PLAZA HOTEL up to this writing.. I couldn't imagine how this hotel operates.. They do not know how important customer service is,,not only UNSATISFACTORY SERVICE,, but, they are even UNTRUSTWORTHY of the guest's belongings being left... MILLENIUM PLAZA HOTEL is NOT THE RIGHT HOTEL TO STAY IN. It was truly A BIG MISTAKE when i booked in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank ghie42
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed at Millennium Plaza from May 22nd toMay 26th, 2010 thanks to the recommendation of an airport yellow cab driver who was polite and a bit helpful.

The room (2408) I got for myself was much bigger than I had expected but for PhP2,200.00 a night, it was just perfect for me. The bathroom was not bad at all but the towels and face towels seemed like they had been used for years, as evidenced by the stains on them.

I appreciated the friendly attitude of the rooms division manager, a certain Ms. Jeeanette, who was in the information area. This woman answered all my phone enquiries while en route to the hotel. She even offered to let me see the rooms she offered for my consideration. I commend the housekeeping guy named Arvy (or Harvey) for his unsual honesty. On Sunday afternoon (My 23rd), I left my room for Glorietta Mall leaving behind my Nokia music phone under my pillow and some cash inside my bag. Upon my return past mid-evening on that same day, I was surprised to see my phone placed right in the middle of my bed. When I checked my cash later that evening, it was still intact. The housekeeping guy was very honest and did not take my valuable things.

I think the only problem was that the lobby was terribly hot when I was there to check out. It turned out the airconditioning system had been switched off when I came down.
I guess it was there way of cutting down on operatining expenses.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Nimcumer
Reviewed March 24, 2010

if i'm the one will pay for my stay here i won't be here, but since it's just a complimentary stay with free massage for 2----"pwede na rin"!
Staffs are not that accommodating, cr not that clean, etc.... and also...BEWARE for the missing towel during checking out coz its an additional charge to you.....!

Be sure to count them, and if there's a boy outside your room let them count so by the time you're checking out at the counter no missing towel reported!

that's it.........