“Craving not satisfied”

Vanilla Cupcake Bakery Glorietta
Ranked #3 of 15 Bakeries in Makati
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Like the other reviews below mine have mentioned, Vanilla Cupcake Bakery is all pink decor and feminine furniture but their cupcakes lack panache. Sure they're pretty but there is no moisture in the base, the icing isn't creamy and is a tad bit too sweet.

Go satisfy your cupcake craving at Cupcake Lab or Sonja's. The latter is my all-time favourite cupcake shop in the Philippines.

1  Thank youcancallmesarah

Reviewed January 4, 2014

With cupcake shops mushrooming everywhere, it's safe to say that we can set our standards higher. We've tried their cupcakes and other desserts twice or thrice- all times failing to meet our expectations. The place is pretty and would make for a nice catch up place with your girlfriends. At that, I would reserve to ordering just coffee instead and enjoying the ambiance. For the price, their cupcakes pale in comparison to Cupcake Lab, J Cuppacakes and Sonja's. Their panna cotta's stiff and jello-laden. Nothing silky & yummy with it. Save your cravings for Chez Karine instead.

1  Thank AppleAV
Reviewed January 2, 2014

From the sidewalk, the bakery looks charming and inviting. The decor is bright, cheery and whimsical. From the inside, the bakery is dirty--from the grimy floors to the stained upholstered chairs. Worse yet is the service. I ordered 3 sandwiches and ice teas. The drinks, while tasty, were served 15 minutes after ordering. The sandwiches came out in a trickle, with the last order coming out 45 minutes later. We were done with our drinks before the meal came out. I got the last sandwich boxed to go, which then took another 10minutes!! As for the cupcakes, I never tried it. It was supposed to be dessert, but I was already turned off by the entire experience. Not sure if the other locations are any better, but I cannot recommend the Glorietta location.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Cupcakes as they have recently become the play thing of pastry chefs have largely been a disappointment to me. Dry crumbly cakes, and dry crunchy toppings are the rule, rather than the rare exception. I suppose it comes down to too much form over function.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Vanilla Cupcake Bakery and Cafe is hands down the best cupcake I have had since I snacked on my Moms as a young child. All of the cakes are perfectly moist and are topped extremely creamy buttercream frosting, just the way they should be.

Not only were the sweets delectable, but the decor is the most charming fantasy land motif, with mismatched miss muffet seats, and a pastel rainbow of colours. This was all done with the high level of quality that is usually only seen in a Disney production. Very impressed indeed.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Cupcakes are good but the Icing is to sweet but the base cake will balance it all. The price for me is a little bit high for the size of a single cupcake. The ambiance is good feels like you are inside a doll house because of the wall colors the chairs and tables. The Staff is very very polite and approachable.