“Surprising”

Cha Time
Ranked #427 of 1,431 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I wasn't expecting very much when I ate here. I had just finished doing groceries with my daughters and we were hungry and we were tired. It was a milk tea place. How uninspiring could that be? This was a fad. It would pass. But it was available and it was fast.

Since there were 3 of us, we ordered the 3 available food dishes that they had, aside from our milk teas. The milk tea, I must say, is quite ordinary...not very different from all other milk teas. But, the breaded chicken chops, the rice, the fish n chips and the chicken fillet sandwich were surprisingly delicious! Surprisingly flavorful, one does not feel that the ingredients were scrimped on. There was nothing in the menu that was too salty, too sweet or too anything. This is probably good strategy. If you're going to serve only 3 things on your menu, they better be really good! Milk tea in Manila? A dime a dozen. Good food with your milk tea? Cha Time!