“Mu Appetite”

Cuisines: Chinese
Makati City
“Mu Appetite”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Mu noodle bar located at Wilson St. In San Juan is where we went for a very late lunch and may I say, it was worth the wait.
The location has only about 3 to 4 parking space that is the only drawback I can say about this restaurant, a fusion of Chinese and Japanese cuisine.
We had beef fried rice, good for 4 to 5 persons, Dong Bo buns, chilled tofu with slices of century egg and pork floss, pork noodle soup and oyster cake with a twist by having melted cheese on top. For desert we had a milk tea ice cream, Mu milky cup and Cua Pao custard. I would rate all these entrees four stars except maybe for the chilled tofu not because of its taste but what I saw.
While waiting for our food, I checked out the place and they have a picture window showing the kitchen and I was taken aback seeing the cooks in sleeveless shirt, t shirts with no apron or dish towels and I saw one scratching his nose while preparing my chilled tofu. I wish they improve hygiene protocol if they want customers see how they prepare orders.
I will surely go back to try other entree but will not look at the kitchen never again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank goldie75_57

Manila, Philippines
“Satisfying Ramen & Shrimp Omelette”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visited Mu Noodle Bar located at 2F of the new Glorietta 2. Cozy place, they have the regular table and high table. We were seated at the high table and we ordered ramen, shrimp omelette and fried rice with chopped mustard leaves - i forgot the specific name of the rice. Anyway, the ramen was served in a medium bowl. The soup was tasty and the yellow thin noodles were cooked just right al dente if it was a spaghetti. It has also half soft boiled egg and the usual garnishings that came with ramen. The shrimp omelette was also tasty. It has mongo sprouts and shrimps were handful. It has this distinct taste of scrambled eggs. Overall, our experience was alright, Maybe we should try their other dishes.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Velardy
Bacolod, Bacolod, Philippines
“Mu noodle bar”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just opened at the new glorietta 3, second floor, this Resto has excellent ambience. Food is fusion of Japanese and Chinese. Try the beef fried rice placed in an exciting shape of rice bowl. One order serves four. Another must eat is the pork Goya..and of course, try the beef noodle using thin noodles in soy broth. Service was excellent for a soft restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ella845
Paranaque, Philippines
“Simply put, delicious!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I ate here with my husband and kids and our palates enjoyed themselves. We ordered the squid hofan noodles, oyster cake, beef noodle soup and Dong Bo buns. Everything was good! The ingredients were generous. Each bite off the oyster cake had at least one oyster in it. The black noodles with squid and seafood was very tasty with no artificial flavors. None of their food tasted like they used sauces or condiments to mask or enhance the taste. My kids liked the buns in particular. The hot noodle soup is particularly good if one is especially hungry. The service was quick enough--not fast food but it was enough just to have some conversation before eating.

The ambience is not bad either. The interiors are on the dark side and made the resto look pricey. While it is not cheap, it certainly is worth it. Because this was such a positive first experience, I will definitely go back for more.

• Visited March 2013