“Yummy!”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Crazy lines in and outside their stores everywhere! The owner must be really happy with the success of their franchise. Although this put some people off from trying their donuts. For me, they are at par with the leading franchises in the metro like Krispy Kreme (I am not so much of a fan of their product anyway), Starbucks (I like their Chocolate Donut), Go Nuts Donuts.

The flavors of their donuts are unique. My favorites are the tiramisu and the green tea variety. My mom who is also not a fan of sweets love the tiramisu. It is always baked fresh, soft (although too soft that it only takes few bites to finish a donut), and not too sweet (as most reviewers have written).

• Visited January 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
“Long line donut shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

J. CO is a chain of cafe and donuts shops in Asia. This is a new location in Ayala Center, across from SM and in the Glorietta 2 Mall, the new addition that also has the new Holiday Inn Hotel. It is ground level and has a street entrance so no need to look for it in the mall itself. It is also close to Dusit Thani Hotel. Not sure what the attraction here is but soon after opening each day there is a line of 50-100 people waiting to get in to buy donuts. They usually leave with multiple boxes of goodies. You will most certainly get a stare from the staff if you ask for one donut, but that is certainly ok as it is a cafe with many tables and chairs, and some outside also. A great location to watch the crowds go by. As a fan of Dunkin' Donuts, I will leave the critique and quality of the donuts to others, but if waiting in line for an hour for a donut is your thing, then this is for you. The other location in Greenbelt is similar with long lines also. The cafe is open early till late. It amazes me that they have facilities to fry up the enormous amount of donuts sold each day.

• Visited January 2014
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“light and not too sweet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went there around 10am. Service wasn't quick enough. Our drinks came late. I can only compare the donuts to Krispy Kreme. I prefer J.Co donuts as they are lighter and not too sweet. Nothing of that greasy aftertaste I usually get from KK. Still expensive, though. What I like is that for every order of beverage, there's a free Glazzy donut (but can't beat KK's). We had Avocado DiCaprio, Alcapone and Bluerry/Strawberry cheesecake-flavoured donuts. Liked them all well enough. Went back in the afternoon to takeout J.Pops. Service was slower then. One thing to note, they use small paper cups at the water station. It's nice to know they're not wasting big ones and not hurting the environment much.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Donuts not too sweet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thought we would try this out as we heard it's very popular, the staff who served was very patient and helpful as I always have difficulty in choosing flavours, unfortunately they didn't have just a plain glazed one so we ended up getting oreo, why not and cheesecake flavour. They were not as sweet as I thought it would be, my daughter still prefers Crispy Creme but then why have a donut if its not sweet thats the point of treating yourself. But for those who thinks crispy creme is too sweet then J Co is for you.

• Visited August 2013
Cavite, Cavite City, Philippines
“Not for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I call it a fad because that's just what it is. People wanna join in the bandwagon, post a few photos all over social media and viola, instant food fad. It's too expensive and their donuts definitely aren't worth THAT much. I also like the donuts but they just aren't worth the wait. I still gave them an average mark because the staff deserve it, seeing they work literally non-stop to serve the hungry mob.

Visited June 2013