“I love the dessert!”

Spectrum, Fairmont Makati
Ranked #21 of 1,416 Restaurants in Makati
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Modern surroundings and clean design have been combined at Spectrum to create a harmonious dining experience. Introducing an innovative dining concept of 'Simply Life', this all-day-dining restaurant brings to you an array of cuisine from China, Middle East, India, Europe and local dishes from Philippines. Cooked to perfection with the finest ingredients using simple and healthy cooking styles, indulge in the concept through an interactive culinary theatre. Exquisite flavours can be paired with an exclusive selection of fine wines from our restaurant sommelier’s cellar. Recently renovated, Spectrum now features a Teppanyaki station as an exciting addition to the live theater kitchens.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

They have a huge selection of desserts! Do not miss the CREME BRULEE, it is one of the best! The choco lava cake was good. The main course selection was not so big but almost everything I tasted was good. I like it that the selection was just enough that it did not make me too overwhelmed. I loved my mongolian bowl. They also have this honey station which is very unique with live bees. I'm not a japanese food fan but my cousins commented that the salmon sashimi was very fresh and perfect. The ambiance is cozy, the place is classy. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

I will surely go back here to try their Bruch!

Joern S, Director of Food and Beverage, Raffles and Fairmont Makati at Spectrum, Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you very much for dining with us in Spectrum during your recent visit to Manila and taking the time to share your feedback.
I was very pleased to read that you and your family did enjoy your dining experience and that both food and service exceeded your expectations. As you mentioned our restaurant is not as big as other buffet restaurants in town, therefore our goal is to only serve the best quality food available, while still maintaining an ample and balanced variety of dishes from all around the world. Seeing that our guests appreciate this approach will only motivate the team to continue on this path.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again in Spectrum in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Spectrum, Fairmont Makati

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The place was classy -- spacious, nice ambiance with clean designs. Service was prompt and with a smile. Buffet spread was rather limited, but that was fine. I enjoyed their peking duck and suckling pig. Seafood was grossly limited, though -- no crabs or prawns, not even tempura in their Japanese section. For a 5-star hotel, this is really disappointing, as it is pretty basic in 4 and 5-star hotels to have prawns in the spread. According to one of the staff, there were prawns and crabs served the previous night, so could it be that they purposely do not serve prawns and crabs on Tuesdays because of the promo for BDO cardholders?

1  Thank PDy2013
Joern S, Director of Food and Beverage, Raffles and Fairmont Makati at Spectrum, Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing to dine with us in Spectrum recently and for taking the time to review your experience.
I was pleased to see that the team has looked after you well, but was a little disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations regarding parts of our offerings.
Please rest assured that our offerings are consistent throughout the week and do not change due to any special promotions. We have experienced some inconsistencies with the quality of our supplied seafood recently and the chef has opted not to serve certain items at times due to the quality not meeting our expected standards - this could have happened during your recent visit, but I admit that this should have been communicated more clearly by our colleagues. Please accept my apologies for this lapse.
As far as other items are concerned, we do feature several live stations along the buffet line at which we do our best to prepare any special requests you might not see pre-set on the buffet.

We do sincerely hope that you would consider to give us chance of welcoming you back to Spectrum in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

A very limited selection of poor quality food is pretty much how I would sum up Spectrum. The food options were very limited for anyone not eating meat, with the steamed vegetables suggested as a option for the main course.

The few dishes we tried were either very fish (the tuna seemed very thin and low quality) or oily. When asked if the tandoori section could prepare something without meat we were told no, try the western section which was disappointing.

The table service to collect plates was very quick but yet water glasses and drinks were not filled for the full 40 minutes we were there before leaving.

All in all this buffet falls way, way short of other options nearby such as Shangri-La, The Peninsular, New World, the Intercon or the Dusit. Best give it a miss, we certainly won't go back.

3  Thank Karl H

Thank you for dining with us in Spectrum earlier this month. I was disappointed to read that you found the vegetarian options on our buffet limited and have reviewed your feedback with the culinary team accordingly.
It was equally surprising to read that our chef's were not able to accommodate your special tandoori request and that your drinks were not refilled in a timely manner. Please accpet my sincere apologies for this lapse in service and rest assured that this is not at all representative of our usual standards. It has highlighted to me the need for additional training of these respective colleagues to prevent similar situations from reoccuring in the future.

We still hope to have another chance at showcasing our food and service to you in a better light during a potential future visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went there with a friend a few days ago. Both of us are at an age where we need to limit our food intake. Ambiance was top and service very good, but not exceeding expectations. The buffet looked impressive, more than adequate.

We were very happy with the availability of a small salads-only option, which was not limited to fibers only, but included a reasonable selection of seafood, cold cuts and cheeses.

We had a bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc, which was somewhat disappointing given the hefty price we paid for it. It should be possible to get better quality without endangering the margins.

We made a follow-up reservation.

Two small flaws were reported to the restaurant manager.

1  Thank emvi-op-reis
Joern S, Director of Food and Beverage, Raffles and Fairmont Makati at Spectrum, Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for dining with us in Spectrum recently and for taking the time to share your experience.

I was pleased to see that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us and truly apreciate your constructive feedback regarding wine and service. It has helped me identify certain areas of improvement and I will review your additional comments with the outlet leadership team.

We are still a relatively young restaurant and the team is working hard on improving our service and product daily. Feedback such as yours is invaluable to us during this process and helps us moving into the right direction.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Spectrum soon and to be able to exceed your expections in terms of service, product and overall experience on your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Their buffet may not be like Circle or Spiral in terms of number of food items spread out but it was very good. The steamed fish was so good, the cheese choices were superb, dessert station was also to our liking with big choco cookies. There was also a honey station with different food items mixed with honey. Quite pricey though

1  Thank franchesca112
Joern S, Director of Food and Beverage, Raffles and Fairmont Makati at Spectrum, Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you very much for dining in Spectrum this past week.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience and found plenty of your favorite dishes on our buffet.
We are still a very young hotel and it is very gratifying to see that our guests apreciate our existing offerings.
Having said that, we are continuously working on improving and upgrading our existing buffet and will most likely have a few new signature items for you to try on a possible next visit to Spectrum.
The Spectrum team and I are hoping to see you back in the not too distant future.