“best hotel ever”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you want to stay in a trendy place in Manila in a luxury hotel choose Raffles. One of the best i stayed and problably the best hotel in Manila. Everything is perfect, the room, the staff. Best of the best

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank sergiocintra
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Sergio,

Thank you very much for your kind words about Raffles Makati, they are much appreciated.

I'm glad that we were able to provide you the best hotel stay experience during your visit to Manila. To be considered as perfection and referred to as your personal best is very humbling, we are honoured.

Thank you once again and we look forward to providing you the same level of service, and even better, on your next stay at Raffles Makati.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Truly a magnificent hotel. Location is literally adjacent to the Ayala Center shopping complex, so everything is accessible and is only a few minutes walk away.

Service by the front staff is top-notch, especially the fact that they acknowledge all guests. Every time I stepped through the front door, they always greeted me by my name, preceded with the prefix, "Sir", which always gave me that sense of comfort and security.

The room amenities are amazing. For the high price tag, it's definitely worth the money. The bedroom and the miniature living room are separate, but each with their own large LCD TV. In the living room were an espresso machine and a complimentary set of self-brew packets. The dining area shared the same space as the living room and on the table were bits of complimentary sweets.

The bedroom is grand. The large, king-size bed is huge and the comfortable pillows and sheets are something you could literally sink into. It felt like sleeping on a cloud.

The walk-in closet was complete with an electronic safe, laundry bag, and other amenities. It also served as a hallway to the bathroom, which also had its sense of luxury. It really felt like a millionaire's abode.

I only stayed a night, so I wasn't able to completely experience the hotel's facilities, however I availed of the complimentary breakfast buffet, which was wonderful. The variety of international choices is broad and tasteful. It is also rare to have breakfast at a place that serves actual orange juice instead of Tang.

Overall, my stay at the Raffles Makati was amazing. Despite my short stay in Manila (4 days) and a tight budget, I opted to stay at this hotel for one night. For the experience. But I must say that that experience was grand.

Thanks to Joyce B. for helping me with a showroom on a previous visit to Manila. After seeing what the Raffles had to offer, I knew I wanted to experience a night at this hotel. Back in the US, Joyce helped me with the booking, which was a breeze, and months later, I'm back in Manila and I'm staying at the best hotel in Makati. If you're in Manila and you're looking for the amenities of pure luxury, try the Raffles. You won't regret it.

*Don't forget to tip the staff!*

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Alex R
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Raffles Makati. It's always a pleasure to get feedback from our guests.

I'm glad that our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel welcomed and at home throughout your stay. I'm also delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at your suite and enjoyed all the in-room amenities.

On your next travel to Manila, I hope you would stay with us longer so that you can fully enjoy what the hotel has to offer. We would be delighted to welcome you back and look after you once again.

I will share with Joyce your kind words about her. Thank you for commending her efforts.

Thank you once again for your very positive feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This year i stayed four times in the fantastic Raffles hotel Makati Why?
The first time was in februari, i was for business in Manila.The lady (Joyce Bernnal) who did check me in was fantastic and very helpfull with everything.
The second time was for holiday to Boracay in april with a stop over at the Raffles with my wife.Also my wife did like all privicy of the hotel.
The third time was in june with my daughter also for her a fantastick stay.
Last time was in september with my friend, Joyce was not there but we had another charming lady named Carmel.The Longbar with the special smoking section is a very nice place.Also the guys Garry and James are very helpfully I hope to come back a lot of times to the Raffles Makati.

Room Tip: I stayed in several rooms they are all fantastic
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank theo v
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Theo,

It's always a pleasure to welcome you back! Thank you very much for your continued patronage. I'm happy to learn that you take every opportunity to stay at Raffles Makati - and it's always wonderful to have you with us.

I'm glad that our hotel colleagues make you feel very welcomed and at home each time you visit. I'd be happy to share with Joyce, Carmel, Garry and James your kind commendations.

I hope there will be a fifth visit soon. Perhaps during the holidays? Christmas in the Philippines is unlike any other. You and your family will have a wonderful time.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

A brand new hotel that smells good and has a good sized bathroom with great fixtures. It offers a much needed haven from the pollution and the stress caused by being stuck in traffic for hours. The staff is friendly and eager to serve. The breakfast buffet could use a little more variation. Its central location in the downtown area provides easy walking access to shopping places, restaurants and other places.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MRSJ2MNL
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

I'm glad to learn that Raffles Makati was able to provide you the comfort, peace and relaxation that you were searching for. Thank you for commending our colleagues, I'm glad they were able to make you feel looked after.

I have take note of your valuable feedback regarding our breakfast selection and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have already shared this with our culinary team.

Again, thank you for sharing with us your stay experience at Raffles Makati and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend. This is one on best hotel experience i've ever had.

Great big suite with an super soft and fluffy bed. Big bathroom, two flatscreens, friendly staff and our own butler. Nice view. Only good things to say about the hotel.

If were ever go back to Manila we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Pokorni

Dear Pawloui,

I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful three-night stay at Raffles Makati. I'm also delighted to know that your boyfriend also enjoyed his stay with us.

Thank you very much for your kind and generous feedback on our suite. I'm glad that our amenities were able to make your stay more comfortable and your needs were attended to by our butler.

I look forward to your next visit to Raffles Makati, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I really looked forward to stay in the so called “Best Hotel in Manila“. But it was a more than common experience. Our Room, 909, had a lot of issues. The power outlets aren’t considered to use them with a plug. The Power Panel (where you can switch on the lights and remote the Aircon from you bed) freezes sometimes, so there wasn’t a chance to change the temperature at 3am. On the other hand the Email Client pops up on TV, so you’ve to call the reception to switch it off. The bed is nice, the shower as well. But all in all, I expected much more from a Raffles Branch. The Fairmont Hotel offers a nicer Pool, and better rates. You won’t miss anything if you’re going to Check-In at the Fairmont Hotel instead of the Raffles Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick U
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Patrick,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for bringing to our attention your recent stay experience with us. Feedback from our guests are always welcomed and are considered valuable as it allows us to recognize areas that we can improve on.

I wish to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured that your valuable input will allow us to continuously improve on our services and amenities. I hope you will give Raffles Makati another opportunity to be of service to you again.

In the future, should you wish to experience Fairmont Makati, it will be my pleasure to extend my own personal assistance for your booking needs. Please feel free to reach me via email: james.bevans@fairmont.com.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Rooms located on level 9 & 10 only. 32 rooms, two pools one exclusively for Raffles guest on 9th floor.

Excellent service. Checkin in room, breakfast, arvo tea and cocktails FOC at writers bar.

Unfortunately was unable to try cocktails, service was excellent, most staff remembered names of guests. Lobby was small though. Connected to fairmont, opposite greenbelt and landmark.

Value for money if compared relative to price of singapore Raffles and cheap for top hotel in a capital city.

• Stayed: September 2013
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience and photos.

I'm very happy to learn that you consider Raffles Makati as one of the best in Manila. Your kind commendations are much appreciated and inspiring, thank you very much!

I'm glad that your overall stay was excellent. I do hope you'll be able to try our evening cocktails on your next visit. I guarantee that you will enjoy it.

Thank you once again for sharing your valuable feedback. I hope you can return to Raffles Makati soon.