“4 times Raffles Makati”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This year i stayed four times in the fantastic Raffles hotel Makati Why?
The first time was in februari, i was for business in Manila.The lady (Joyce Bernnal) who did check me in was fantastic and very helpfull with everything.
The second time was for holiday to Boracay in april with a stop over at the Raffles with my wife.Also my wife did like all privicy of the hotel.
The third time was in june with my daughter also for her a fantastick stay.
Last time was in september with my friend, Joyce was not there but we had another charming lady named Carmel.The Longbar with the special smoking section is a very nice place.Also the guys Garry and James are very helpfully I hope to come back a lot of times to the Raffles Makati.

Room Tip: I stayed in several rooms they are all fantastic
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank theo v
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Theo,

It's always a pleasure to welcome you back! Thank you very much for your continued patronage. I'm happy to learn that you take every opportunity to stay at Raffles Makati - and it's always wonderful to have you with us.

I'm glad that our hotel colleagues make you feel very welcomed and at home each time you visit. I'd be happy to share with Joyce, Carmel, Garry and James your kind commendations.

I hope there will be a fifth visit soon. Perhaps during the holidays? Christmas in the Philippines is unlike any other. You and your family will have a wonderful time.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

A brand new hotel that smells good and has a good sized bathroom with great fixtures. It offers a much needed haven from the pollution and the stress caused by being stuck in traffic for hours. The staff is friendly and eager to serve. The breakfast buffet could use a little more variation. Its central location in the downtown area provides easy walking access to shopping places, restaurants and other places.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MRSJ2MNL
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

I'm glad to learn that Raffles Makati was able to provide you the comfort, peace and relaxation that you were searching for. Thank you for commending our colleagues, I'm glad they were able to make you feel looked after.

I have take note of your valuable feedback regarding our breakfast selection and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have already shared this with our culinary team.

Again, thank you for sharing with us your stay experience at Raffles Makati and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend. This is one on best hotel experience i've ever had.

Great big suite with an super soft and fluffy bed. Big bathroom, two flatscreens, friendly staff and our own butler. Nice view. Only good things to say about the hotel.

If were ever go back to Manila we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Pokorni

Dear Pawloui,

I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful three-night stay at Raffles Makati. I'm also delighted to know that your boyfriend also enjoyed his stay with us.

Thank you very much for your kind and generous feedback on our suite. I'm glad that our amenities were able to make your stay more comfortable and your needs were attended to by our butler.

I look forward to your next visit to Raffles Makati, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I really looked forward to stay in the so called “Best Hotel in Manila“. But it was a more than common experience. Our Room, 909, had a lot of issues. The power outlets aren’t considered to use them with a plug. The Power Panel (where you can switch on the lights and remote the Aircon from you bed) freezes sometimes, so there wasn’t a chance to change the temperature at 3am. On the other hand the Email Client pops up on TV, so you’ve to call the reception to switch it off. The bed is nice, the shower as well. But all in all, I expected much more from a Raffles Branch. The Fairmont Hotel offers a nicer Pool, and better rates. You won’t miss anything if you’re going to Check-In at the Fairmont Hotel instead of the Raffles Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick U
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Patrick,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for bringing to our attention your recent stay experience with us. Feedback from our guests are always welcomed and are considered valuable as it allows us to recognize areas that we can improve on.

I wish to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured that your valuable input will allow us to continuously improve on our services and amenities. I hope you will give Raffles Makati another opportunity to be of service to you again.

In the future, should you wish to experience Fairmont Makati, it will be my pleasure to extend my own personal assistance for your booking needs. Please feel free to reach me via email: james.bevans@fairmont.com.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Rooms located on level 9 & 10 only. 32 rooms, two pools one exclusively for Raffles guest on 9th floor.

Excellent service. Checkin in room, breakfast, arvo tea and cocktails FOC at writers bar.

Unfortunately was unable to try cocktails, service was excellent, most staff remembered names of guests. Lobby was small though. Connected to fairmont, opposite greenbelt and landmark.

Value for money if compared relative to price of singapore Raffles and cheap for top hotel in a capital city.

• Stayed: September 2013
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience and photos.

I'm very happy to learn that you consider Raffles Makati as one of the best in Manila. Your kind commendations are much appreciated and inspiring, thank you very much!

I'm glad that your overall stay was excellent. I do hope you'll be able to try our evening cocktails on your next visit. I guarantee that you will enjoy it.

Thank you once again for sharing your valuable feedback. I hope you can return to Raffles Makati soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm a long stay resident at Raffles. I'm staying in a beautiful serviced apartment. It's modern and it's immaculately clean. I also use all the Fairmont facilities, lounges and restaurants. I cannot express how genuine and friendly the staff in both hotels are. I am fortunate to be placed there for many months and I will really miss it when it's time to go. I will miss the greetings at every doors, halfways or lounges. I will miss the beautiful surroundings and I will definitely miss the chit chat at the lounge with the staff who are all University graduates.

They listen to your complaints and suggestions and not only encourage you for more feedback but they make sure they act on them. I got my frozen yogurt wish at the breakfast buffet. I have uploaded the picture :)

The hotels are located in the best part of Makati. They are next to Glorietta, Landmark and Rustans for shopping and also the heart of Makati which is Greenbelt for more high end shopping, restaurants and clubs.

You cannot go wrong if you decide to stay at the lovely Raffles or Fairmont.

Michael.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michael K

Dear Michael,

I'm glad that you consider Raffles Makati your home away from home.

I'm happy to learn that our hotel colleagues made you feel well looked after and taken care of. It's always a pleasure to be of service to long-staying guests as they become part of the Raffles family.

You will be missed when you return back to your home. However, please keep in mind that Raffles Makati will always be your second home here in Manila. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just completed a seven night stay at the Raffles Makati. I'm not easily impressed but this hotel is truly exceptional.

1.) Rooms - with just 32 rooms it has the feel of a very intimate boutique hotel but benefits from being part of the larger Fairmont Hotel complex. The exec suites are very large 120 square meters, well appointed and supremely comfortable.

2.) Service - in a word, impeccable. Concierge, front desk, bellmen and door staff, housekeeping and room service were all superb. Genuinely friendly and highly competent.

The staff really strive to exceed your expectations and take obvious pride in their job and place of employment.

The butler service was true butler service - not just a whimsical marketing nod to the notion of "butler service" which some 5 star hotels promote. Raffles butlers took care of personal shopping, unpacking, errand running and generally took all hassles out of my Manila stay.

3.) Spa / pool / gym - I only used the gym once. While it was large it lacked machines. Free weights were provided but the gym would benefit from investment in a lot more equipment.

Two pools are available - the very private Raffles pool and the larger and very nice Fairmont Hotel pool.

The spa only offers female therapists so i did not partake of their services. One of my pet peeves is a spa only offering female therapists as I enjoy deep tissue / sports massage and a male therapist is required for sufficient strength and pressure.

4.) Dining venues - afternoon tea is offered in the lobby lounge and included in Raffles room rate. Very nice typical afternoon tea. Breakfast is offered in the excellent main dining room which offers three buffets daily. I only tried breakfast which was exceptional with a large variety of high quality and fresh offerings.

Room service was prompt, efficient and the food was very good by room service standards.

Overall I can't imagine a nicer property in Manila. The staff are amazing and the facilities are top notch.

Room Tip: Exec suites are double the size of junior suites and have a residential feel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Darrell S

Being a top contributor in Trip Advisor, we consider it very humbling and inspiring to receive a five-star rating from you. Thank you very much!

I'm glad to learn that we were able to consistently impress you during your seven-night stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our suites, recreational facilities and our dining outlets. I'm happy to know that you were able to enjoy all of them.

I wish to thank you as well for giving high praises to our butler service. Your kind words are much appreciated - which also serve as inspiration for our hotel colleagues to continue providing only the finest and most genuine service to our guests.

I have taken note of your recommendation to add more fitness equipment to our gym. Thank you for your input and this will be looked in to. Same goes to your valuable feedback on providing not only female therapists at our spa.

Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati soon.