“Beautiful and modern with the friendliest staff. You will not be disappointed.”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm a long stay resident at Raffles. I'm staying in a beautiful serviced apartment. It's modern and it's immaculately clean. I also use all the Fairmont facilities, lounges and restaurants. I cannot express how genuine and friendly the staff in both hotels are. I am fortunate to be placed there for many months and I will really miss it when it's time to go. I will miss the greetings at every doors, halfways or lounges. I will miss the beautiful surroundings and I will definitely miss the chit chat at the lounge with the staff who are all University graduates.

They listen to your complaints and suggestions and not only encourage you for more feedback but they make sure they act on them. I got my frozen yogurt wish at the breakfast buffet. I have uploaded the picture :)

The hotels are located in the best part of Makati. They are next to Glorietta, Landmark and Rustans for shopping and also the heart of Makati which is Greenbelt for more high end shopping, restaurants and clubs.

You cannot go wrong if you decide to stay at the lovely Raffles or Fairmont.

Michael.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michael K
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Michael,

I'm glad that you consider Raffles Makati your home away from home.

I'm happy to learn that our hotel colleagues made you feel well looked after and taken care of. It's always a pleasure to be of service to long-staying guests as they become part of the Raffles family.

You will be missed when you return back to your home. However, please keep in mind that Raffles Makati will always be your second home here in Manila. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just completed a seven night stay at the Raffles Makati. I'm not easily impressed but this hotel is truly exceptional.

1.) Rooms - with just 32 rooms it has the feel of a very intimate boutique hotel but benefits from being part of the larger Fairmont Hotel complex. The exec suites are very large 120 square meters, well appointed and supremely comfortable.

2.) Service - in a word, impeccable. Concierge, front desk, bellmen and door staff, housekeeping and room service were all superb. Genuinely friendly and highly competent.

The staff really strive to exceed your expectations and take obvious pride in their job and place of employment.

The butler service was true butler service - not just a whimsical marketing nod to the notion of "butler service" which some 5 star hotels promote. Raffles butlers took care of personal shopping, unpacking, errand running and generally took all hassles out of my Manila stay.

3.) Spa / pool / gym - I only used the gym once. While it was large it lacked machines. Free weights were provided but the gym would benefit from investment in a lot more equipment.

Two pools are available - the very private Raffles pool and the larger and very nice Fairmont Hotel pool.

The spa only offers female therapists so i did not partake of their services. One of my pet peeves is a spa only offering female therapists as I enjoy deep tissue / sports massage and a male therapist is required for sufficient strength and pressure.

4.) Dining venues - afternoon tea is offered in the lobby lounge and included in Raffles room rate. Very nice typical afternoon tea. Breakfast is offered in the excellent main dining room which offers three buffets daily. I only tried breakfast which was exceptional with a large variety of high quality and fresh offerings.

Room service was prompt, efficient and the food was very good by room service standards.

Overall I can't imagine a nicer property in Manila. The staff are amazing and the facilities are top notch.

Room Tip: Exec suites are double the size of junior suites and have a residential feel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Darrell S

Being a top contributor in Trip Advisor, we consider it very humbling and inspiring to receive a five-star rating from you. Thank you very much!

I'm glad to learn that we were able to consistently impress you during your seven-night stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our suites, recreational facilities and our dining outlets. I'm happy to know that you were able to enjoy all of them.

I wish to thank you as well for giving high praises to our butler service. Your kind words are much appreciated - which also serve as inspiration for our hotel colleagues to continue providing only the finest and most genuine service to our guests.

I have taken note of your recommendation to add more fitness equipment to our gym. Thank you for your input and this will be looked in to. Same goes to your valuable feedback on providing not only female therapists at our spa.

Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am an avid traveler having been in over 13 5* Hotels in the last year (many multiple destinations). I am also VERY VERY BIG ON Customer Service. I am proud to say that the Raffles Residences possess both luxury stay with Royalty service. Every bit of detail has been observed and made sure to be complete. The staff from the security to the Director are amazing people. Genuine, beyond friendly, and more than accommodating. Not to mention all smiles from everyone every day. I highly highly recommend this facility which I can call HOME as they welcome you with warm greetings. The rooms are elegantly designed for beauty with a touch of modern savvy. You want extra towels, no worries. you want a taxi to be called while you wait comfortably in your room. no problem. you want a butler to help run an errand for you. Consider it done. You need a nurse to check on you if you are sick. There in a few minutes. every detail of service is offered with no hesitation. I can talk and rave about this place for another 200 characters but I think you get the drift. Avail NOW!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Daniel D

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for considering Raffles your home away from home. I'm glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable.

To be considered as a perfection by a traveler who's very familiar and exposed to luxury hotels is a humbling privilege and honor. Thank you very much!

I'm glad to learn that our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel well looked after and at home. It's our pleasure to take care of you.

Your review is enjoyable to read and we wouldn't mind reading through another 200 characters.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. On your next visit to Manila, we hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is always a pleasure for me to travel and see the world, but in times like this where I just transferred to a new job and time doesn't permits me to go anywhere far from the city, I'm glad that there's thing now called staycation that gives a breather to my busy life. And I'm doing it now in this newly opened hotel called Raffles Makati.

If you can afford to splurgeon to something more than Php5,000, I'm highly recommending this place mainly because everything here is still new. The lobby alone will welcome you with its relaxing aroma matched with its grandeur interior fit for those who seeks leisure at its finest moment.

A night of stay includes a free breakfast buffet, and if you are lucky like me, they will give you a complimentary pastry and tea voucher, which you can use on their Cafe Macaron. Try their Vanilla Doughnut, Php80.00, it is the love!

They have a swimming pool on the 4th floor, which is shared with its sister hotel, Fairmont Hotel, and another pool on the 9th floor, which is exclusive to those who occupy the 9th floor rooms and residents of the Raffles Residences. I personally like the one on the 9th floor simply because limited people has an access to it.

As for the room, our Junior Suite Room is just perfect for our family, with two queen beds, 2 LED televisions, a toilet and bath with bathtub, and an office area, where these decadent treats welcomed us. There's also a BluRay player for those who want to watch something great, and a nice cappuccino maker for nightcap.

But I guess, the best thing about the location of this place is its location - Ayala Center, which is a haven to amazing shopping malls, restaurants and hangout places.

So, if you are planning to do something like a "staycation" and wanna do it in an upscale type, try this hotel and indulge on to something grand and modern in the heart of Makati City.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank _AlexDizon
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Alex,

I'm glad you had a wonderful staycation experience with us. Thank you for your gracious recommendation of Raffles Makati, I'm delighted that you find our facilities refined and grand.

I'm also happy to learn that you consider your suite perfect for your family - I hope they enjoyed their stay.

On your next staycation, I hope you will consider staying again at Raffles Makati.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The Raffles Makati is an incredible experience from start to finish. The hotel staff are incredibly friendly and hospitable. The rooms are extremely spacious and fully fitted out with all amenities - the individual coffee machine and chocolates is a great touch! The outdoor pool is perfect to get sole sun. The breakfast Buffett is huge and caters for eveyone. Simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Exclusive, modern and very special!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank ics2000

Thank you very much for considering Raffles Makati very special place. It's always heartwarming and encouraging to be recognized as one by our guests.

I'm glad to learn that your overall stay experience with us was outstanding. Your gracious words are humbling, thank you! I'm delighted that the amenities in your suite, our breakfast and the exclusive outdoor swimming pool made your stay even more wonderful.

Again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Raffles Makati for two weeks on business. I had previously stayed at the sister property, Fairmont and had an outstanding time so was truly looking forward to the stay at the Raffles.

Being on a trip for two weeks, the theme and room of Raffles is very welcoming for long stays. It feels more like a residence then a hotel, very homey and comfortable which is welcoming for trips where you are away from home for a long time.

Check in is personal and fast, the staff takes you to your room to complete the process which very quick and allows you to get situated and comfortable after a long flight which is truly welcoming. The hotel property is spotless and grand, everything in Raffles is designed to make you feel at home and comfortable. Getting around is easy to navigate and going from the lobby to your room is a breeze.

Once in the room I was amazed. The room was a junior suite but don't let the name junior fool you, there is enough room to play basketball in it. The room was is decorated and designed in a way to make you feel at home. There is a separate dining and living area when you first walk in where you can relax or have some coffee. The bedroom is a very nice size with high ceilings and lots of room with well thought out and placed furnishings. You will want to try and figure out a way to take the bed home with you because the bed and linens are some of the best I have had anywhere, I slept like a rock every single night. The bathroom is massive and spacious with a separate tub and rain shower with dual vanities. Leading to the bathroom from the bedroom is a hallway that has your closet and plenty of drawers for clothes.

I can't say enough about the way the room is designed, laid out and decorated. It truly felt like I was home the entire time and made two weeks away so much more enjoyable.

The facilities at Raffles are first rate from the private pool on the 9th floor which is amazing to the fitness facility to the spa, everything is awesome. I really enjoyed Cafe Macaron where I set up my morning office each day to have coffee and work, its really comfortable. The Writers Bar is a great place to unwind after a long day with 1st rate service and environment. The only little downside was the breakfast buffet which was inconsistent at best, having been spoiled by the Shangri-La breakfast buffet, the one at Fairmont/Raffles falls short in selection and quality. The service of course is great but the food leaves a little to be desired..not very good.

I cant finish without a word about the staff, I have never met a collection of such wonderfully trained, professional, helpful and friendly staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world. There was not one person in either Raffles or the Fairmont that didn't go out of their way to make my stay perfect. Some stand outs that come to mind was my friend at the bell desk who seemed like he never went home because anytime I ever need anything (even sometimes reading my mind when I needed something) he was there even magically appearing at the airport to help me take my bags inside, thank you so much !! My housekeeper was the best ever, working strange hours she always knew when I was up and seamlessly cleaned the room at whatever hour I was awake and out. Everyone in the Writer's Bar was wonderful and the front desk staff is awesome.

Probably one of the best stays I have had in 10 years with only the Fairmont Makati coming in a close second which is owned and is in the same building. It is obvious that this hotel has figured out and mastered the art of running a first class property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank hdblue
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although we only had 1 day at Raffles Makati, it was a wonderful time. We were coming from NYC to visit the Philippines and our last stop was Raffles. It was also our 15 year anniversary and prior to the trip, I worked with Tristan Macam, one of their concierge there, who made our trip special. He booked our restaurant, arranged transportation to and from the hotel and was always there for us. Our butler Dennis, drew a bubble bath, candles and flowers when we got back to our room. This hotel offers WHITE GLOVE treatment. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple