WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Voted best new hotel in the world 2013 - a very, very special place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Makati
UK
“Voted best new hotel in the world 2013 - a very, very special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The Raffles Makati is an incredible experience from start to finish. The hotel staff are incredibly friendly and hospitable. The rooms are extremely spacious and fully fitted out with all amenities - the individual coffee machine and chocolates is a great touch! The outdoor pool is perfect to get sole sun. The breakfast Buffett is huge and caters for eveyone. Simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Exclusive, modern and very special!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank ics2000
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for considering Raffles Makati very special place. It's always heartwarming and encouraging to be recognized as one by our guests.

I'm glad to learn that your overall stay experience with us was outstanding. Your gracious words are humbling, thank you! I'm delighted that the amenities in your suite, our breakfast and the exclusive outdoor swimming pool made your stay even more wonderful.

Again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

James Bevans
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Raffles Makati for two weeks on business. I had previously stayed at the sister property, Fairmont and had an outstanding time so was truly looking forward to the stay at the Raffles.

Being on a trip for two weeks, the theme and room of Raffles is very welcoming for long stays. It feels more like a residence then a hotel, very homey and comfortable which is welcoming for trips where you are away from home for a long time.

Check in is personal and fast, the staff takes you to your room to complete the process which very quick and allows you to get situated and comfortable after a long flight which is truly welcoming. The hotel property is spotless and grand, everything in Raffles is designed to make you feel at home and comfortable. Getting around is easy to navigate and going from the lobby to your room is a breeze.

Once in the room I was amazed. The room was a junior suite but don't let the name junior fool you, there is enough room to play basketball in it. The room was is decorated and designed in a way to make you feel at home. There is a separate dining and living area when you first walk in where you can relax or have some coffee. The bedroom is a very nice size with high ceilings and lots of room with well thought out and placed furnishings. You will want to try and figure out a way to take the bed home with you because the bed and linens are some of the best I have had anywhere, I slept like a rock every single night. The bathroom is massive and spacious with a separate tub and rain shower with dual vanities. Leading to the bathroom from the bedroom is a hallway that has your closet and plenty of drawers for clothes.

I can't say enough about the way the room is designed, laid out and decorated. It truly felt like I was home the entire time and made two weeks away so much more enjoyable.

The facilities at Raffles are first rate from the private pool on the 9th floor which is amazing to the fitness facility to the spa, everything is awesome. I really enjoyed Cafe Macaron where I set up my morning office each day to have coffee and work, its really comfortable. The Writers Bar is a great place to unwind after a long day with 1st rate service and environment. The only little downside was the breakfast buffet which was inconsistent at best, having been spoiled by the Shangri-La breakfast buffet, the one at Fairmont/Raffles falls short in selection and quality. The service of course is great but the food leaves a little to be desired..not very good.

I cant finish without a word about the staff, I have never met a collection of such wonderfully trained, professional, helpful and friendly staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world. There was not one person in either Raffles or the Fairmont that didn't go out of their way to make my stay perfect. Some stand outs that come to mind was my friend at the bell desk who seemed like he never went home because anytime I ever need anything (even sometimes reading my mind when I needed something) he was there even magically appearing at the airport to help me take my bags inside, thank you so much !! My housekeeper was the best ever, working strange hours she always knew when I was up and seamlessly cleaned the room at whatever hour I was awake and out. Everyone in the Writer's Bar was wonderful and the front desk staff is awesome.

Probably one of the best stays I have had in 10 years with only the Fairmont Makati coming in a close second which is owned and is in the same building. It is obvious that this hotel has figured out and mastered the art of running a first class property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank hdblue
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although we only had 1 day at Raffles Makati, it was a wonderful time. We were coming from NYC to visit the Philippines and our last stop was Raffles. It was also our 15 year anniversary and prior to the trip, I worked with Tristan Macam, one of their concierge there, who made our trip special. He booked our restaurant, arranged transportation to and from the hotel and was always there for us. Our butler Dennis, drew a bubble bath, candles and flowers when we got back to our room. This hotel offers WHITE GLOVE treatment. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joseph A
Cavite City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was a blast as a birthday gift courtesy of my daughter. Every moment was like a dream come true for me and my family as well. well secure and feel safe..Hoping in the future we will be back again....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank SerChief
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm inlove with this Hotel. I have stayed in a different hotel within the Philippines, Raffles Hotel is the best hotel I ever experience. The room is so beautiful and so elegant. They have comfortable bed, the bathroom was so huge. The facilities was extremely great! The staff was very polite and very helpful. They're always willing to help. The food is excellent and very delicious. All in all if you're looking for a luxurious and elegant Hotel for business or pleasure, Raffles Hotel is the one. Thank you Raffles Makati

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Cessyces
Negros Island, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I write this review based on the fact this is a luxury, high end hotel. Having stayed in quite a number of hotels in Makati over the years, we thought we'd give this new hotel a try.

If you are looking for a classy, well run and luxurious hotel for business or pleasure this is the one you want. It easily beats the competition in Makati - I haven't stayed at the Fairmont, so maybe I am wrong on this! The pre-arrival assistance and customer service is really excellent, they make a special effort to ensure your stay will be as good as it can be.

The staff are friendly, efficient and knowledgable - always looking to help you which I loved! The long bar is chilled out and the cocktails are exceptional. The one thing that made me think twice about the quality, was the buffet breakfast. Don't get me wrong, the restaurant is lovely, and the breakfast was extensive, but it just wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. But this really is bottom of the barrel stuff. We did order breakfast to our room one morning, pre-ordered the night before, and it was perfect.

The Junior Suite was exactly what we needed. The beds were extremely comfortable, and room service efficient. I could certainly live in one of these! Very comfortable indeed.

We didn't make it to the spa, or the pool unfortunately so I can't comment on these.

All in all, worth every penny. Would go back in a flash.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank EmandSi
Otsu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed in different hotels here in the Philippines but this is the best ever, from room, ambience ,services complementary services...the best ever . They can be rated for me as the best compared to all the hotels I've been all over the world....and my husband and me travel a lot and the feeling is mutual.

• Stayed July 2013