“High class”

Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Negros Island, Philippines
“High class”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I write this review based on the fact this is a luxury, high end hotel. Having stayed in quite a number of hotels in Makati over the years, we thought we'd give this new hotel a try.

If you are looking for a classy, well run and luxurious hotel for business or pleasure this is the one you want. It easily beats the competition in Makati - I haven't stayed at the Fairmont, so maybe I am wrong on this! The pre-arrival assistance and customer service is really excellent, they make a special effort to ensure your stay will be as good as it can be.

The staff are friendly, efficient and knowledgable - always looking to help you which I loved! The long bar is chilled out and the cocktails are exceptional. The one thing that made me think twice about the quality, was the buffet breakfast. Don't get me wrong, the restaurant is lovely, and the breakfast was extensive, but it just wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. But this really is bottom of the barrel stuff. We did order breakfast to our room one morning, pre-ordered the night before, and it was perfect.

The Junior Suite was exactly what we needed. The beds were extremely comfortable, and room service efficient. I could certainly live in one of these! Very comfortable indeed.

We didn't make it to the spa, or the pool unfortunately so I can't comment on these.

All in all, worth every penny. Would go back in a flash.

7 Thank EmandSi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Otsu
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed in different hotels here in the Philippines but this is the best ever, from room, ambience ,services complementary services...the best ever . They can be rated for me as the best compared to all the hotels I've been all over the world....and my husband and me travel a lot and the feeling is mutual.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Marikono
Nice, France
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a very good location in Makat, Manila. Classic and elegant interior design of the suite give you a feeling to be home. All the staff are extremely polite and helpful. And they give you a feeling of being a special person.
The 2 Pools and Spa also Great. At the Long Bar you can enjoy you evening drinks an food. And dont forget the Secirty, you feel very safe. Looking forward to be back again at Raffles in Makati.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Morten_13_13
Melbourne
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff are well trained and extremely helpful. Rooms are large and well appointed. Pool, spa etc great. Afternoon tea and evening drinks in Writer's Bar are delightful. I was given late check out until 5.00pm! Breakfast has lots of healthy options. Looked after from start to finish.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have better views.
3 Thank Michelle9406
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Raffles Makati lives up to the expectations surrounding the Raffles brand. In addition to the classic and elegant interior design of the lobby and rooms, the level of staff service is impeccable. Upon entering the lobby, to being escorted to your suite, the staff really go out of their way to make you feel special. This is why one stays at a hotel that is the caliber of Raffles Makati.

Yes, it is nice. Yes, the food is great. Yes, the toiletries and aromas are luxurious. But what makes this hotel stand out is the genuine willingness of the staff to make your stay a magical experience. They remember your name after you check in.

And this has got to be the most comfortable bed ever!!! Makes it a challenge if you're in town for business. :)

The staff is extremely proactive...everything from my early morning coffee to my taxi ride to the airport, the staff really exceed all expectations. The bellhop actually walked out in the rain to find me a taxi so that I could make my international flight!

I hope all the other hotels take a lesson from Raffles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Travelling_Brogue
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
Dear StevRegAsia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for not being able to respond to you til now. But we hope that you've had a chance to stay with us since then. The hotel has gone through some changes, all for the better, I assure you. We hope that we have the good fortune of welcoming you back for many years to come.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having stayed at the Peninsula, both Shangri-La hotels, the Sofitel, Maxims, etc., this is by far and away the nicest, most luxurious stay we've had in Manila. We enjoyed in-room check-in, an overview of the suite by our butler, tremendous room service, etc., etc. The customer service was world-class. By way of comparison, we'd just come from Amanpulo. So, our standard was out of this world. Nevertheless, the Raffles Makati delivered with flying colors. Look no further!

Room Tip: Get the Executive Room
3 Thank Doug H
Dear Doug H,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Escape the hustle of Makati - this suite only new hotel is superb!
Lobby is so quiet
Afternoon is perfect - quiet and relaxed - food was excellent
Butler service - all staff were very professional and knew my name from day one

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are fantastic