“Manila finally gets a true "Luxury" hotel”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Los Angeles, California
“Manila finally gets a true "Luxury" hotel”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

In our eternal quest for a luxury hotel in Manila, I can honestly report, the search is over. Raffles hotel in Makati is marvelous. Everything from the bed linens to the complimentary English high tea in the afternoon oozes class. Unlike the other hotels in he area that claim to be "5 star", the staff here have been meticulously trained to serve your every need. Although, they do need to be conscious of female recognition. My wife was more than once, ignored when greeted at certain areas. There are a couple of criticisms ( wouldn't be my review unless there were at least a couple!), food in bar and lounge area needs to be improved, a friend came to meet us for lunch and we had a tuna sandwich and nachos...not impressed at all. Breakfast buffet is a bit of a mess, service needs to be better, our eggs came over cold. In fairness, the manager made us a whole new plate. But overall this hotel is lovely, the rooms have high ceilings, with entry area that can be closed off so there is no noise heard from the hallways. Fantastic bathrooms with luxury bath products. A butler for each floor that caters to your every need. Yes, one pays a little more than the others in the area, but it is well worth it.

Room Tip: They are probably all good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rpfinds
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
Dear rpfinds,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for not being able to respond to you til now. But we hope that you've had a chance to stay with us since then. The hotel has gone through some changes, all for the better, I assure you. We hope that we have the good fortune of welcoming you back for many years to come.

Oliver Dudler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Big rooms! Service is good. I have to say that house keeping is a bit slow. Long bar is a not a good place to drink if you are lonely or depressed you might wind up committing suicide after a few drinks thanks to their band.

Location is good though. Greenbelt 3&5 is just accross where restaurants, bar, coffee shop, mall and even chapel is available. 24hr convenient (Mini Stop) store is also available right outside the hotel, just ask the doorman for directions.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank thevacationtrip
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I'm glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and find our service good. Thank you for your feedback on our Housekeeping service. I've already shared your comment with their department so we can improve on it.

I wish to share with you that we will be showcasing a different line up of music and bands at the Long Bar soon. I hope you can come visit and give us your comments.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Raffles Makati. I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Incheon, South Korea
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a wonderful place! The beautiful and luxurious with the calm and peaceful atmosphere, the attentive staff...
raffles gave us time to see everything we wanted, without being in a rush or hurry
if you'll visit makati, there is no other choice !
the raffles is the best hotel in makati
and I appreciate your room upgrade ... Thanks so much

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank YIONEWOOKOREA
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience.

In the middle of the busy city, we try to provide our guests a calm and peaceful oasis where they can escape to – which is why I’m glad to learn that you had a relaxing stay with us.

Also, thank you for considering Raffles Makati as one of the best hotels in the city. We are grateful for your kind feedback.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The whole experience was delightful. I've stayed in many 5* and boutique hotels all over the world and I can truthfully say that this place compares with the best of them. The service is just wonderful, the facilities great and the rooms perfect.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank ColonialMaster
Thank you very much for measuring us up with the other five-star hotels you’ve stayed in around the world. I’m glad that you had delightful stay experience with us.

I wish to thank you as well for your gracious feedback on our facilities, suites and most especially our service. I’m glad that your overall experience was excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have stayed in so so many hotels and without doubt, the staff of this hotel wins the BEST service ever!!

Hotel has only 32 rooms and at every turn, nook and corner, a staff is always there - so fast and observant!! You don't even have to ask for help, they just come and help. Stayed on the 9th floor and had Cindy who was the 'butler' on that floor. Extremely helpful - I had wanted to get some local food stuff - asked her where to get it, and she offered to get it. Absolutely brilliant!!

Rooms were also nice and good variety for breakfast.

The hotel is also located in a good location - next to a shopping mall and metro station. Very convenient

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank han_ching
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and consider our service as one of the best.

Thank you as well for your high regards on our colleagues, including Cindy who made your stay memorable. I will be sure to share with her your kind words.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your suite and enjoyed our breakfast offerings. I hope you will stay with us once again on your next travel to Manila.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

There are so many great things i could write about but when it comes to customer service nothing will beat Raffles. We were greeted at the hotel by an enterauge of people taken to our room for in room check in . All the staff are exceptional!! I would say thier is one stand out her name is Cindy and she was our butler . The first morning I requested a banana for my babies breakfast Cindy searched for my banana which took her longer than what she expected she called me after 5mins to apologise for the wait. The very next morning when she delivered fresh milk for my baby she also turned up with a basket of assorted bananas which she personally sourced and I would have to say they were the best bananas in the Philipines ! I was really taken back that this young lady had taken this initiative she is a true asset to any hotel.
We always had a table a lunch and every request was done in such a timely manner.
We are currently staying in Boracays top resort in a suite and I must say this resort is beautifull with great service but next to the Raffles it doesn't come close so I guest that's the difference between 5 stars and 6 stars .
I'm looking forward to returning to the Raffles on Monday .

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Dors11
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our service.

I am most delighted to hear your feedback on Cindy. She is very dedicated and passionate with her job and I am very proud to be working with her. I assure you that Cindy’s exceptional service will be duly recognized.

and felt personally taken care of by our colleagues. We have a passionate team who are very committed in delivering warm, authentic hospitality. I am very proud to work with them and will be sure to give due recognition to James, November and June.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again soon.

Manila Philippines
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a classy deluxe all suite boutique hotel . From the moment I called the hotel , the reservation officer was very friendly and accomodating with my small request (an extra bed ), and I could sense, it will be a smooth and remarkable stay. True enough , check in was en suite , with the front desk staff accompanying us to our room/suite and facilitating the process. We are assisted by the bell staff who brought our luggages , and a different guy, the butler was there to orient us in our suite and hotel services. Rates here are definitely expensive, and inclusions include afternoon tea (which we availed ), and evening cocktails , both in the Writer's bar .I liked staying at the bar wherein the place adds a good feel with its decor, the staff service is good and there is good music from someone playing the piano during the afternoon . This hotel exudes a soothing fragrance, and a luxurious feel to every corner , most specially in the lobby and suites. The hallway and suites were noted to be of high ceiling, which adds to its elegance. The facilities in this junior suite were of high quality. The LCD TV was huge, and it uses the Samsung Smart model. There are 2 TV sets by the way. The bathroom was just impressive, the tub was set up so that you can spend time just reading books etc. they had a nice coffeemaker also. Beds are comfortable, with a nice control panel beside it, and the phone by the way was of the cordless type. Internet here is free, and it was fast. Buffet breakfast ( you have the option to order ala carte at the Writers bar , or have the buffet at Spectrum, which is shared with guests of adjoining Fairmont ), and decided to have mine at the coffeeshop. Breakfast selection is good, dining place has a good ambiance , and service is really good , that is if they are not that busy. I already made a separate review of Spectrum. A nice touch made for us was when they gave us a small cake , for my spouse who was celebrating her birthday , and I'm grateful for the nice gesture. What made my stay perfect was the professional attitude of the staff , with some of them addressing me by my name, and that includes housekeeping. They all seem to be willing to serve, and even i just made glances at some of them, they would smile back . I liked it when the petite lady door staff would even offer taking photos of my family in the lobby (sorry i wasn't able to get her name ). Next visit i will try to utlilize the other facilities such as the pool and gym area . I would recommend this hotel for those wanting to celebrate a special occasion or those on weekend stays ( stone's throw away from 2 huge shopping malls ), and for the elite and discriminating guests when splurging on money is of no big issue . Special mention to front desk staff Sheila, Liezl and our butler , oh my I forgot his name .

Room Tip: request for room at same floor level with the swimming pool, no good room views yet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank doctorfoxtrot
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were made to feel very welcome and taken care of by our colleagues, starting at the point of reservation.

I am also glad to learn that you enjoyed your time at the Writers Bar and had a wonderful birthday celebration for your husband at Spectrum.

Thank you for describing our suite as elegant, comfortable and impressive. On your next visit, I do encourage you to try the outdoor swimming pool on the 9th floor and Willow Stream Spa for a more relaxing stay experience.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.