Raffles Makati
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewswriters barbutler servicejunior suiteprivate poolsingapore slinghigh teawalk in closetevening cocktailscoffee machinecafe macaronbreakfast buffethome away from homef bother hotelsdining tablewonderful hotelperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Words can’t express the wonderful experienced i had with Raffles. I don’t even know where to start putting those in writings. It was my son’s birthday and we only want the best for him on his special day. We booked a Junior suite for 3 nights, opting for a late check-in, a day before our arrival, they called me to check if i have any special requests (thankfully, i don’t have one, though i specifically instruct them to put fresh flowers in the bath) Boy, they did!. How thoughtful of them! I arrived around 10:30pm (my son and partner arrived separately), The Raffles Hotel Makati is smacked in the middle of all the best in the Metro, from very accessible transport services, to huge shopping malls with both local and international brands, to the best restaurants in the city. It is a mere 30-minute ride from the airport. The moment I step out of the green cab who took me to the hotel, I can fell that something special is waiting for me. The lobby is beyond chic, with an intimate feel that will surely delight even the most stylish and picky traveler. It has a sense of privacy and very intimidating if you’re not used to luxury. The lobby leads to the famous Long Bar and the modern and immaculately divine Writer's Bar. I was whisked to the front desk, like someone important but was told by the very gracious Karen that check- in will be done upstairs, inside our suite. She took me on the 10th floor and finds my butler, Dennis, who is charming and kind, waiting outside our suites. They both ushered me in and started the normal check in process like I’ve never experienced before. Heck, i haven’t experienced such special treatment for check-in in any of the best hotels in the Metro! Were done in exactly 4minutes and Dennis began his routine of introducing the suites, how to's etc... The Raffles Junior suite is huge, fit for a queen, with the commanding view of the sleek Makati skyline. The design is very contemporary, luxurious with an old-world charm that will surely impress even the most demanding starlet (with good taste, of course!).It has the most comfortable bed ever that felt like sleeping in a 300-count Pratesi sateen sheets! It has a separate receiving area with the well-lit vestibule if one wants to entertain some guests or just want to have an intimate dinner with family. The working desk is very useful for my partner's writing moments. The two flat-screen tv's had good selections from the international news channel, lifestyle channels and kid channels (which is very important if you have children). I was impressed by the cleanliness of the bathroom with two separates for shower and toilet. I spent most of my free time soaking in the tub! It was divine. An iron and ironing board is available upon request. They have a separate dresser for our luggage and enough space for keeping our clothes and shoes. The buffet selections at Spectrum restaurant are just fine. We loved the Buko Station and that honey-bee farming some really fresh honey was quite amazing. My son specifically enjoyed swimming on the cleanest pool ever. The pool area is a split between Ibiza and Caribbean modernity. The pool bar has good selection of cocktails and snacks. We loved the pool because only the residents and their guests and the hotel guests can use it. It’s off limits to outsiders even for the guests at Fairmont. Above it all, the people at Raffles hotel, from the doormen, the housekeeping team, f&b, butler service, front desk even the management team etc made up for making this legendary institution the best in the world. The service is beyond ordinary, very classy and one that you would expect for a hotel brand that caters to royalties, celebrities, oligarchs and the most demanding people on earth. It was worth every penny! We've already planned our next stay-cation, end of March. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: 10th floor junior suites offers the best view with very accessible access to the pool and Willow Spa.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Oriellini
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

I am pleased to hear that you selected Raffles Makati to celebrate your son’s birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of his special day.

I am also glad to hear that your stay was made enjoyable due to the friendliness, thoughtfulness and efficiency of our colleagues, and that they made you feel very special.

Thank you for commending the condition of our suite and its amenities and facilities. I am glad you enjoyed them including the outdoor swimming pool.

I will be sure to share your positive comments to our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your family at the end of March.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived at the hotel the day after its hard open and stayed for three nights.

The good - amazing staff. To a person they were all pleasant, outgoing, eager to please. There wasn't a single staff that did anything out of place or caused any concerns. The rooms are big, well laid out, and comfortable. There was never anyone at the pool, which has a jacuzzi as well. The staff at the pool were a bit rambunctious one day, but I asked them to lower the volume and they did. Also - the light and a/c control panel was really easy to use.

The bad - lack of outlets for personal electronics. It is inconceivable that a five star hotel just built cannot get this right. There are outlets in the night table, but they didn't work, at least in my room. There are no outlets - none! - near the desk. The outlets along the wall are inconveniently located, and four out of six along one wall in the bedroom (used for hotel items like lamps and the like) didn't work either. I had two rooms (see below), and in the first room I had to unplug one of the lamps to plug in my own stuff. In the second room luckily there was one wall outlet along the floor that I could use in the bedroom. All in all just very poorly planned.

The ugly - this is where it gets interesting. The even numbered rooms face construction that goes from 7:30AM - 10:00PM every day except Sunday. I got an even numbered room first and asked to change. 20 minutes later I'm in an odd numbered room - which faces a main road and might actually have been louder than the side with the construction. (I'm very sensitive to noise; the friends I was travelling with also faced the road but said they didn't really notice the noise until the last day.) So, after I unpack and get ready to take a nap, I hear what sounds like someone taking a shower in the room next door. Except it wasn't a shower; a few minutes later there's a bang and water starts bucketting down through the light fixtures in the bathroom. I called downstairs, grabbed most of my stuff and left the room as the water was two inches high in the bedroom. The staff came quickly and within five minutes I was upgraded to and in an Executive Suite. These rooms are HUGE. The beds are a bit soft, though. Two other things that may be of concern to travelers - in each of the three rooms I was in, the a/c unit in the ceiling made a noticeable clicking sound. The a/c in two of the rooms I had, and in my friends' room, never budged above 20C no matter how high the temp was set. In the Executive Suite, though, the a/c worked perfectly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TheVastMachine

I am pleased to hear that your stay was made enjoyable due to the friendliness and warmth of our colleagues.

I have also noted your comments on the lack of power outlets in our suites. This has been shared with our Engineering team and is being reviewed accordingly. Our Engineering team is also working hard to ensure that our facilities are in top shape so the incident you experienced will be prevented from happening again. However, I was pleased to hear though that our colleagues were very quick in providing you an alternative suite for your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to your new home in Makati.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a little suprised when I first arrived at the Raffles. It looks more like a office block in slough than a luxury 5* hotel. (google image slough if not from UK)

I arrived at midday and my room was not ready. This was not an issue as I did arrive early. However, they very kindly offered me afternoon tea in the Libary bar whilst I waited which was very much appreciated.

I stayed in a Junior Suite. The suite was large with very high ceilings and grand furnishing. All facilities you would expect in this kind of hotel were present.

The service was OK. Very tentative, maybe a little too tentative. My butler Alvin was more of a irritant than a help. The staff were very frieldly but did not seemed well trained in the art of great service.

My biggest gripe was the Long Bar. The Long Bar in Singapore is one of the most famous bars in the world so I high expectations of this copy of it. I ordered the signature cocktail which was about $20.
I was expecting the mixologist to make me the cocktail from scratch but instead she just poured a mix from a juice bottle!
In what other 5* hotel in the world do they not mix the cocktails in front of you?!
The cocktail was very tasty but to pre mix cocktails is shameful. I would not expect it in a dive bar let alone the Long Bar in the Raffles!

This is still a great hotel just not perfect. I would stay here again over any other hotel as I do feel this is the best hotel in Makati.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nealphillipsLondon
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I am delighted to learn that you consider Raffles Makati as one of the the best hotels in the city. We truly appreciate your support and kind recommendation especially since we are a newly-opened hotel -- it sets us to a great start. Thank you.

Our Raffles suites were designed to make our guests feel at home and we are glad that you enjoyed its high ceilings and grand furnishings. Do try our Executive Suite when you return.

I have noted your comment in regards to your dissatisfying experience at the Long Bar and the cocktail that was served to you, please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured this has already been addressed.

Once again, thank you for the feedback on the hotel and its services, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Service, service, service. From the moment you step out of your car, someone is there to greet you with a smile. The rooms are modern and elegant. I love the toiletries! (Always a plus) I have no complaints whatsover. I just wish the lobby is more grand like The Peninsula. We woke up late so we missed the breakfast buffet and ordered in instead. Must try the healthy option bfast. really yummy ~ egg white omelette with spinach and cheese + yogurt. Buffet at the Spectrum is not bad. I still prefer the one at Spiral in Sofitel. The pool is area is ok. I wasn't blown away. Also, the rooms are a bit pricey but totally worth it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank farrochka
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

To receive a 'highly recommend' praise from our guest is very humbling and inspiring. Thank you very much and we will continue to provide our guests memorable stay experiences with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the modern amenities of our suites and most especially the warm, friendly services of our colleagues. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our in-room healthy breakfast -- we have a wide variety of healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I do hope that you can try them on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for the feedback on the hotel and our services. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Kind regards

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Amongst the chaos of traffic, crowds and hot weather and sometimes wet weather - the new Raffles Makati offers a true oasis of luxury, excellent service and modern contemporary design and amenities. The staff bends over backwards to make every request seamless, with a smile and the warmth of the Philippine's culture. Nightlife fine dining and shopping are just steps away. The famous Long Bar is the new hub and meeting place of hipsters starting out or wnding their night out. Great fitness center and spa. Truly a must if you stay in Makati.

Room Tip: Make sure you leave plenty of time if you are traveling around the area. Going short distances in a taxi may take up to an hour or longer if the weather is bad.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank indo_chine00

I am delighted to hear that you consider Raffles Makati a true oasis of luxury. We are privileged to be located in a prestigious address, where dining and shopping destinations are just very near.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our famous Long Bar, including our fitness center and Willow Stream Spa. When you return, I do hope you get the chance to try our other dining outlets such as Writers Bar and Spectrum.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.