“Oh no.. the black furry thing!”
Review of Kabila at M Cafe

Kabila at M Cafe
Ranked #265 of 1,605 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Filipino
Reviewed June 24, 2018

DIsgusted!

Had dinner with friends and everything was well -- table, customer service. While waiting for our other friends we ordered Shrimp Ukoy and Fried Kangkong Crisps. They were nasty! Too much cornstarch and less flour that they were over crisped and hard to bite, after some time.

When finally we were complete we ordered Binagoongan, Kaldereta, Laing. The food lacks savory - it just seems that either it lacks something or too much of another to make it delicious. For dessert - Sticky Rice with Mango which is too bland ( my benchmark is Cafe Adriatico's Sikreto ni Maria for this type of dessert), Turon ( which this time is not crunchy), Buchi which is not available. Lots of opportunities with the food taste!

We were halfway eating and talking, when a huge black furry thing came running from the other entrance area of the resto towards the restroom! All the six of us grasp in the ghastly sight! We immediately called the attention of the staff but who knows where it went! This calls for a serious pest control.

The staff were very polite and attentive. But food taste and cleanliness.. well completely another story.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Had the leche flan lumpia which is a wonderful combination of lumpia skin and caramel custard. Coupled with a glass of sagot gulaman, it was a treat for me, especially after a two-hour tour of the Ayala Museum. Very close to the Ayala Malls.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Indeed, I was waiting for Museum opening. I like that area a lot. As for coffee, it's normal, nothing to complain or recommend.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 15, 2017

As a Filipino, cuisines made and originated in the Philippines has a special spot in my heart and on my taste buds. Every now and then, I crave to taste different variety of Filipino cuisine. May it be cooked traditionally or with a twist, Filipino food is always on my Foodie-A-List.

Few weeks ago, when I was in Makati City, my palate suddenly crave for Filipino cuisine. My sister, who was with me that day, and I searched along Greenbelt for restaurants or Café that offers my cravings. After searching the area and food reviews online, we later on found ourselves in Kabila Filipino Bistro.

Kabila serves dishes that can be savored in the different region, cities and island of the Philippines. Kabila’s menu was intricately put together to make sure that each guest can enjoy the variety of flavorful dishes found in the Philippines.

My sister and I started our Filipino cuisine banquet by ordering Bagnet Binagoongan, Adobo sa Pula, BBQ sa Kabila, Tinola Rice and M Café’s Leche Flan Turon.

Bagnet Binagoongan

Bagnet Binagoongan has tender and juicy Bagnet with crunchy skin, shredded green mangoes, native eggplant, tomatoes and shrimp paste broth.

What I love about this dish is, it is not salty considering that one of its main ingredient is bagoong or shrimp paste. Instead, of being salty, this dish has a rich tomato flavor that blends well with the bagoong. This dish is definitely a MUST TRY!

Bagnet Binagoongan is good for 2-3 person and costs Php 395.

Adobo sa Pula

Adobo sa Pula consists of spicy boneless chicken, classic adobo sauce and banana.

Adobo sa Pula has the perfect harmony of the sweetness of banana and classic adobo sauce’s sour sand salty flavor. The chicken meat on the other hand is so tender and flavorful.

Adobo sa Pula is good for 2-3 person and costs Php 395.

BBQ sa Kabila

Guests can choose from pork, tiger prawn, chicken skin skewers and gindara for BBQ sa Kabila. During our visit we choose pork bbq. Pork bbq sa kabila is served with the tradition pork bbq street food on a charcoal grill. The pork bbq is a bit salty but you can drizzle some calamansi or apply some sauce to harmonize its flavor.

Pork Bbq Skewers ( 5 sticks) costs Php 295, while Tiger Prawns is Php 475, Chicken Skin Skewers is Php 195 and 200g of Gindara costs Php 375.

Tinola Rice

Tinola rice has the oily texture and gingery flavor of Tinola’s broth. It is good for sharing and costs Php 195.

Leche Flan Turon

Leche Flan Turon is served with five turon in creamy Leche Flan filling and Chocnut chocolate dip. Chocnut is a peanut milk chocolate and is one of our (and most Filipinos) favorite chocolate.

Leche Flan Turon costs Php 195.

Kabila Filipino Bistro didn’t fail my cravings for Filipino dishes. Each dishes that we tasted are flavorful. My palate enjoyed everything but my top picks are the Bagnet Binagoongan and Tinola Rice. I love the tender bagnet and its crispy skin even if it has been soaked on the bagoong broth for a long period of time. While for the Tinola Rice, we ordered the former because we got curious on its taste and after some spoonful of it, I must say, that it is worth the try.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 5, 2017

This restaurant is nicely located at Greenbelt within the vicinity of the Ayala Museum. The restaurant serves good Filipino dishes. It also serves buffet lunch with array of delicious dishes. I like the "choc nut" that is served when you order your coffee. Restaurant is clean and service is good. Food is a bit pricey.

Date of visit: April 2017