“Pleasant stay”
Review of Astoria Greenbelt

Astoria Greenbelt
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I found this hotel very good value with the locality being right in the heart of Makati. The Greenbelt malls and restaurants and business areas are in very close proximity. I arrived at the hotel early and had no problem checking into my room. The front desk staff and porters were very obliging and friendly. It seems the hotel may have recently had renovations as the room was fresh and spotlessly clean. A very good well maintained hotel. The only problem I had the taxi driver tried to rip me off might I add, unsuccessfully. Be aware,the fare from the international terminal should cost about 200-250 peso. I plan to stay at this hotel again on my next visit.

Room Tip: It seems cheaper the rooms have 'no windows' but don't let that discourage you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank johnny035

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here with my family( hubby and 2 kids) during Holy week. We had an early check in (2nd floor) which was great but there's no window in the room as i requested during my booking (was fine though). Room was about 15 sq. m with brown tiled floor. Two double beds (1 bed big enough to fit a regular sized adult and a 10 yr old 90 lb kid.) Firm beds but the sheets were not so clean looking, one was stained with i dont know what. Pillows were too high and not soft as i am used to. Air conditioning kinda noisy. There's a complementary bottle of water, coffee tea making facility, slippers, safe box, no hangers for clothes but there's a rack. bathroom has bidet, blow dryer, 2 towels. The bathroom has no countertop to put your toiletries. Wifi very very slow, no connection sometimes which was really bad because the area was "dead" during Holy Week.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank asensiblechic
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Very good. Only issues: a bit on expensive side for size of room. Otherwise, clean and well located.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Very short walk to the major eating and shopping area.
Nothing more to add .

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I will be going to Tagbilaran City but i need to make a quick stop in Manila so i have to stay overnight. I got to stay at One Greenbelt Hotel, at first it was difficult to find, well maybe because it was my first time. When i got to the hotel i was greeted by a happy staff and got to process my papers quick. They have no business center but i was able to print my E-ticket for my flight for the next day. Room service was delicious especially for the Roti. I think it is a stay that I want to do again when i am in Makati.

Room Tip: If you need something printed just inform the front staff and they will gladly do it for you. Room s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel without expectations, for the price that i paid for it is well worth it . but it came out really good, my room were consistently cleaned, all the staff were very friendly. The room was perfect for a solo stay, I had friends over to visit and it was fine. The only downfall was, when it rained so hard, we lost power and the generator was acting up, i guess it was not tested properly and the wifi stopped. which worked out on my favour.. stopped me from working on my holidays but they offered me to check out a different floor with a good wifi access which was good too.. The location is great, 5 minute walk to greenbelt and I feel really safe where I am at. will definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chiegel
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good budget priced hotel located next to Makati City and Greenbelt shopping/restaurant complex. Second floor room couldn't get any smaller but it was clean and modern. Service OK; breakfast in the adjoining restaurant adequate. Internet OK albeit intermittent. Son lives in Makati so we used the hotel essentially for overnight accommodation. We stayed for eight nights. During our stay in Manila we also spent time at a couple of nearby budget hotels and found One Greenbelt pick of the bunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here overnight February 26, 2013 and book it because of convenient location thru hotels.com for 3k PhP/night for a regular room (4k for a deluxe room with 2 full bed if I want an upgrade). When we get in the hotel, they gave us a room with a space exactly fitting just the full bed with no space if you need an extra bed and no windows. So I have to go down and upgrade (because my sister will stay with us and will not fit in the small room) it but it will cost me another 3k for upgrade. I argue with the concierge that it only cost a grand for upgrade online but to no avail. I don't want to waste my time so I took it since it will be for a night. The room size in the 2nd floor is a comfortable. The bathroom is quite weird because shower room has a half glass panel with no door so when you took a shower, water is splashing all over the bathroom floor. So here's the worst part of of my stay. When I came back to the hotel around 12:30 at night I found out that there's only one bath towel in the room and no face towels so I have to request for it since at least should be 2 sets bath, hand and face towels and waited for about half an hour. When we're about to go to bed I found some note underneath the pillow (maybe from the previous guests) and saw that the blanket is not new and dirty (some shoe mark or luggage mark) meaning room cleaners did not replace the linens. Since we're so tired and don't want to wait for another hours or so to have it replaced, and no way we can get a room replacement since the hotel is fully booked, we just wiped and shook the linens and went to sleep.
If you don't believe me, just checked it out because maybe, maybe we were very unfortunate that day that they did forget to have our room cleaned a nd replenished.

Room Tip: Ask or book a deluxe room and book online or don't book at all. We booked our next stay to Dusit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple