“Having a Great but Brief Stay”
Review of Astoria Greenbelt

Astoria Greenbelt
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I will be going to Tagbilaran City but i need to make a quick stop in Manila so i have to stay overnight. I got to stay at One Greenbelt Hotel, at first it was difficult to find, well maybe because it was my first time. When i got to the hotel i was greeted by a happy staff and got to process my papers quick. They have no business center but i was able to print my E-ticket for my flight for the next day. Room service was delicious especially for the Roti. I think it is a stay that I want to do again when i am in Makati.

Room Tip: If you need something printed just inform the front staff and they will gladly do it for you. Room s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel without expectations, for the price that i paid for it is well worth it . but it came out really good, my room were consistently cleaned, all the staff were very friendly. The room was perfect for a solo stay, I had friends over to visit and it was fine. The only downfall was, when it rained so hard, we lost power and the generator was acting up, i guess it was not tested properly and the wifi stopped. which worked out on my favour.. stopped me from working on my holidays but they offered me to check out a different floor with a good wifi access which was good too.. The location is great, 5 minute walk to greenbelt and I feel really safe where I am at. will definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chiegel
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good budget priced hotel located next to Makati City and Greenbelt shopping/restaurant complex. Second floor room couldn't get any smaller but it was clean and modern. Service OK; breakfast in the adjoining restaurant adequate. Internet OK albeit intermittent. Son lives in Makati so we used the hotel essentially for overnight accommodation. We stayed for eight nights. During our stay in Manila we also spent time at a couple of nearby budget hotels and found One Greenbelt pick of the bunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here overnight February 26, 2013 and book it because of convenient location thru hotels.com for 3k PhP/night for a regular room (4k for a deluxe room with 2 full bed if I want an upgrade). When we get in the hotel, they gave us a room with a space exactly fitting just the full bed with no space if you need an extra bed and no windows. So I have to go down and upgrade (because my sister will stay with us and will not fit in the small room) it but it will cost me another 3k for upgrade. I argue with the concierge that it only cost a grand for upgrade online but to no avail. I don't want to waste my time so I took it since it will be for a night. The room size in the 2nd floor is a comfortable. The bathroom is quite weird because shower room has a half glass panel with no door so when you took a shower, water is splashing all over the bathroom floor. So here's the worst part of of my stay. When I came back to the hotel around 12:30 at night I found out that there's only one bath towel in the room and no face towels so I have to request for it since at least should be 2 sets bath, hand and face towels and waited for about half an hour. When we're about to go to bed I found some note underneath the pillow (maybe from the previous guests) and saw that the blanket is not new and dirty (some shoe mark or luggage mark) meaning room cleaners did not replace the linens. Since we're so tired and don't want to wait for another hours or so to have it replaced, and no way we can get a room replacement since the hotel is fully booked, we just wiped and shook the linens and went to sleep.
If you don't believe me, just checked it out because maybe, maybe we were very unfortunate that day that they did forget to have our room cleaned a nd replenished.

Room Tip: Ask or book a deluxe room and book online or don't book at all. We booked our next stay to Dusit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ManoloDG
Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are in the Makati area for a brief business trip and you need the malls to while your time or do last minute premium shopping or just the mid range, I will definitely recommend this One.
- just across greenbelt - 3 to be exact but all the areas are accessible already through this area.
- center in everything offices, embassies, and even other malls are interconnected.
- pharmacy and 7 eleven in front and few steps with a high end hair salon and a wine store
- a good restaurant in the hotel with good food choices
-rooms are simple but new with everything you need from toiletries( very handy for business travelers who weren't able to pack these stuff) slippers, vault, free bottled water daily although the bathroom is small for the room size, it's fine and has rain showers.
Helpful staff- special mention to Ulric at the front desk, helpful and courteous. Thanks!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window if you prefer one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Let's get the great out of the way first. This place is in a great location - right opposite the Greenbelt collection of malls, you won't have any trouble finding food and stuff to spend your money on. But in terms of the hotel itself, there's a few things that need work:

the internet / wifi. The connection is flaky at best, and when you do get a signal, it's not terribly fast.
the noise - it might just be my room, but it seemed like there wasn't much noise insulation so all the cleaners coming and going and talking outside my door really got to me
and speaking of cleaners, while it wasn't a disaster, i kept finding random hairs all over the room, and a bunch in the toilet unflushed. its not a dealbreaker, but its probably not the sort of thing you want going on in your hotel.

It seems that the value / cost doesn't quite match up yet; for a little bit more you're within range of hotels like New World and the MO, which are much nicer places to stay. the location is great, but the rest could do with some work.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Clean functional room. Comfortable bed. Shower reasonable but could be more piwerful. Good value. Located near to good restaurants in Greenbelt Centre. Hotel is new. Some rooms have no windows. Make sure you're given a room with windows.

• Stayed: March 2013