“Regrettable”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was here with hubby for breakfast. Got a Metro Deal coupon for P 350 for two bfast sets with coffee. The interiors were nice. The service staff (both girl) were stone-cold, and not eager to serve at all. The coffee was served before meal, in hindsight I should have instructed them to serve it during meal or after bec it it immediately got cold (it's not that hot in the first place).
The food came and it was a disappointment. Husband ordered the grilled salmon with egg and fried rice. The fish was "fishy" and not fresh at all. I ordered the sausage, bacon and egg with fried rice. The server said they ran out of bacon and they'll replace it with ham. The ham was paper-thin! The Hungarian sausage did not deliver. What we get from deli in Yakal was far better. When we stood to leave, one of the girls said there is a service charge of P 77. So we paid. Overall, I paid P 427, which is not actually a deal to me, considering the low quality of the meals we had. Regrettably, I purchased two vouchers for this resto.

3  Thank jrcl
There are newer reviews for Bowler Bar and Grill

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was invited by a friend of mine to this restaurant and told me that i will enjoy the food that Bowler has to offer. I was surprised by the looks of the interior because it really looks like an English Pub, which is not common here in Makati. I was impressed by the courtesy of the staffs and how fast the service given the fact that the food we ordered seems to take an ample amount of time to be prepared. Food was exceptionally great, we started our meal with Papadum Crisps which, as the name goes, was very crispy and still not dry when you take a bite. For my Entree, of course i ordered what the staple food for the Brits, the Fish and Chips. This one is a killer. Fish was perfectly battered and succulent, i opted for the additional shrimp and it was also awesome. The serving was fair for the price but the taste and presentation really stood out. My companion ordered Roasted Chicken and Seared Salmon and they too were satisfied with the meal. Had i known they had a lot of choices in their menu, i would have done my workout that day so i can sample other stuffs, well i guess i have to visit again,Oi, save the Bangers and Mash and i might bring Mary Poppins with me'.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Went here as our company has a reservation at this place. Food was indeed something to look forward to but not as good as you would expect in a high class restaurants. Ambiance is just relaxing with English themed decor everywhere. Service though is bit slow that day maybe because they are out numbered - one to many - since almost the whole company attended this breakfast. Beer fan?? You'll get it here ice cold! It was fun!

1  Thank 08Belle
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The concept seemed interesting since this is the only English themed restaurant that I know of in Manila. I was disappointed though. I ordered the sausage platter and it was just ok. The sausage selections tasted like what I could buy from the supermarket. It had some garnishing that looked like sauerkraut but tasted more like atchara (sweet, pickled papaya). Not worth the price.

I was really turned off by the smell of the place. The smell of smoke is too strong. Note that I went there for lunch and there were no smokers around.

1  Thank Thea V
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our company rented this place for a couple of hours for a Celebration. They set up a fantastic set of food for us - Buffet Style. Thin Crust Pizza is just amazingly crunchy and delish. This place is not too expensive for a very good meal they serve. Service was quite slow that day - maybe because of team out numbered the waiters by 10. The vibe of the place is simply relaxing and it really adds to the feel of enjoyment while eating.

1  Thank 08Belle