“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Valencia
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel...very kid friendly and very accessible to shopping malls and restaurants..would love to come back here and try other fairmont hotels..would highly recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Imee141,

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us! I'm glad that you all had a wonderful stay.

I'm even more delighted to learn that we'll be expecting your return soon -- we all look forward to it.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I support your decision to try other Fairmont hotels around the world. I'm sure you'll also have a wonderful time in our sister properties.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The services dont justify the price, dont respect the guest privacy , someone from the reception inform about my presence in hotel a thirth party that is not accetable , bathroom dirty , big show from the security in the main gate but from glorietta parking all can enter with out any check

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear N0need,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us why our service failed to meet your expectations.

I am saddened to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your experience and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered.

I wish to inform you that the concerns you shared are now being investigated. We wish to resolve these incidents quickly and prevent them from happening again. While the investigation is ongoing, please feel free to touch base with me directly should you have further concerns. My email address is james.bevans@fairmont.com.

I wish to thank you for your feedback and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel lives up to the Fairmont standard. It is a newer, beautifully designed hotel in the heart of Makati. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. The in-hotel dining is very good, but the hotel is also located immediately across from the Greenbelt Mall, which has many more dining options of all varieties.

I stayed at the hotel as category 2 Typhoon (Hurricane) Ramussen came through Manila. I was expecting the worst, but the hotel was very well prepared. Their emergency generators kicked in early and the hotel is so well built I couldn't even hear the 100+ mph winds the other side of my room's windows. We still had lights, air conditioning, and even Internet though the storm did disrupt phone service. It was surreal watching a hurricane raging outside while sitting in air conditioned comfort, but it is a testament to the quality of the hotel and its preparedness.

Dear casagtraveler,

It's wonderful to hear from you.

The safety and security of our guests will always be of utmost importance to us, which is why I'm glad we were able to make you feel safe during your stay with us.

I'm also delighted to learn you had a comfortable stay with us despite the challenges brought about by the storm. It was our pleasure to be of service to you.

Please do keep us in mind on your next business trip to Manila.

Las Vegas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

First let me say, the people who work at this hotel are great, courteous, friendly and quickly learn your name and even habits. But that is where things stop being great. When I arrived, there was fruit in my room, an orange, apple and mango, the mango and orange were already well past fresh. The fruit was never changed, despite my asking for it to be replaced. By the time I left 7 days later the Mango was completely black and the orange was moldy. I am sure this fruit was left from the previous guest and may well have been left in the room for the next guest. Then there is the buffet, it is not great but servicable, but not for the price. almost $40 for breakfast and almost $60 for lunch??? Really, prepared food is very inexpensive in the Philippines, why is it so different here?? Go to the Green Belt shopping mall right next door and have a beeter meal for about $10. I will most likely be making my future stays back at the Makati ShangriLa hotel as I have in the past.

6 Thank Gary H
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Gary H,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges, which then allows us to make appropriate adjustments as needed.

After completing a thorough investigation with my team, I can confirm with you that the fruits set up in your room were not taken from a previous guest. We do take your feedback with utmost importance which is why we have reinforced the systematic quality-check procedure and replenishment of our welcome amenities.

Your business is much appreciated and hopefully, you can give us another opportunity to serve you and reverse your opinion to a positive one that befits the standards of Fairmont Makati.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a relatively new hotel which is on the same site as Raffles Hotel and some of the facilities are shared eg the spa. It is conveniently located 5 mins walk from Greenbelt shopping centre in Makati which is handy for shopping and eating and drinking. The whole of the hotel is stylishly designed and the rooms are very large and modern. The spa is luxurious and for a city hotel the pool area is quite large and again nicely designed. But what really sets this hotel in a class of its own is the staff. They are so welcoming, friendly and polite - nothing is too much trouble. You are welcomed by smiles everywhere! Absolutely impeccable service.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KL_Sue
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear KL_Sue,

Your review was a joy to read.

While I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed our guest rooms, spa and other facilities, I'm happy that is was because of the service, friendliness and professionalism of our hotel colleagues that made your stay with us wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team. It always gives us great pleasure to provide memorable stay experiences for our guests.

I hope that you would stay with us again on your next travel to Manila.

Hong Kong
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great location, outstanding service but too corporate that would be the only minus of the review.
If you are looking for a place to stay right at the heart of the city within walking distance to major dining spots, i would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear StephanHHongKong,

Thank you for highly recommending Fairmont Makati to those who wish to stay in the city. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

If there's any way we can make your stay with us more leisurely, please do not hesitate to touch base with our Concierge team. While our hotel has recreational facilities you can enjoy, such as our swimming pool and spa, we would be more than happy to make your stay extra memorable by recommending local attractions that will give you a well-deserved break from your business trip.

Please do keep us in mind on your next visit. We would be delighted to welcome you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2014

as at the time of writing this review, Fairmont is ranked number 2 hotel In Makati. Must say, I think it is on the way to number 1. Great hotel, great service and excellent location being so close to all major amenities.

Rooms were large, well equipped and very clean

A few gripes....

the lighting and aircon is controlled by a unit next to your bed side table. there is a button called "master". I thought this would turn off all lights... which it does.... but it also turns off all power to bed side table. I learnt the hard way when I woke up 2 mornings in a row with a dead phone that didnt charge.

While greenbelt is opposite the hotel, they make you walk all the way around the hotel to get to the street. Not a big deal, I admit, but a short cut through the hotel onto Makati ave would have been good.

Dear Kas_f74,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

I'm happy to inform you that by the time you posted your valuable review, our ranking catapulted to #1! Thank you for your kind support and patronage, we're very appreciative of your graciousness.

Thank you once again for sharing with us how much you enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Makati. We look forward to your return.