“Relaxing & an Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had recently spent 3 nights at the Fairmont Makati for a leisurely break. The hotel is a world of calm away from the heat, chaotic traffic and the incessant honking from vehicles outside.

I had a corner room which has a pleasant view over the pool and the surrounding buildings at Ayala Center. The room is spacious, well equipped, efficient Wifi, and have power sockets positioned above the desk. Staff are friendly and addressed you by name, which makes you feel special.

I'd booked a spa package that comes with the room. The therapist was gentle and delivered the right pressure, overall the ambience was calm and a relaxing experience.

The hotel is very well located, next to the massive Glorietta and Greenbelt shopping malls. They provided a convenient escape from the summer heat.

One incident which would otherwise have made this a perfect stay was that I'd requested for a morning wake up call for 7.00am with a follow up call at 7.10am. The operator took the instruction but the morning call did not ring. My iPhone did the job instead. I called the operator later to express my disappointment.

Overall I had an enjoyable time at the Fairmont Makati and will recommend this hotel if you are going to spend your time in the Makati area.

There is one thing which travellers need to look out for (this is nothing to do with the hotels) - the taxi drivers. I was overchared twice, by 2 drivers, during my four days stay. Do check if the driver turn on the meter. Some knowledge about general fare rate will help.

Room Tip: The corner room provides good view over the neighbourhood.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael T
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Jelapang,

I'm glad that Fairmont Makati served as your oasis of calm during your leisurely break in Manila. I hope the rest of your vacation went well.

I'm happy to learn that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay in one of our guest rooms. I'm also delighted to know that our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel important and well looked after.

Thank you very much for booking our Taste of Tranquility room package. I'm glad that you had a rejuvenating spa experience at Willow Stream. I will share you wonderful feedback with our spa team.

I'm saddened to hear that we weren't able to deliver on the wake-up call. We consider all requests of our guests with utmost importance. Please allow me to investigate on what happened to make sure that this will never happen again.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Fairmont Makati on your next visit to the Philippines - whether for business or leisure.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family had a wonderful stay at Fairmont Makati. The service was outstanding from all the staff. We have a very positive experience. The hotel was immaculate and clean, the staff were exceptionally friendly and polite. We were made to feel like celebrities! The breakfast buffet was very good and the service provided by those staff was impeccable. From the moment we arrive at Fairmont Makati to the minute we left we were very impressed with the service and standard of this hotel. I wish more hotels would follow this line of service and standards. Great hotel, will definitely go back.

2  Thank Grace F

Dear Grace F,

I wish to extend my sincerest thanks for your wonderful review. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. I'm glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and would consider coming back in the future.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our facilities, our breakfast buffet and most especially on the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad that they made you feel like celebrities, as you all should be. Our guests are very important to us. Which is why it gives us great joy to learn that you and your family felt taken care of.

I wish to thank you for considering Fairmont Makati as the benchmark for standards and services. Trust that we will continue to do our best and make you proud.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Excellent hotel and the services are beyond expectation. The Pool Staff is wonderful..........I spent about 3-4 hours a day at the pool, eating, reading and sunbathing. The Staff; Chiz, Christan, Francis, Lalaine (and others) were totally awesome!

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and our room was quiet and sunny.
2  Thank dianemarie2

Dear dianemarie2,

Thank you very much for commending the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad to learn that we were able to provide you a wonderful stay experience by exceeding your expectation. Thank you for your warm words, you're too kind.

I'm glad that our swimming pool provided you a comfortable and relaxing sanctuary during your stay with us. I will make sure that Chiz, Christian, Francis and Lalaine receive your generous commendations.

Please keep Fairmont Makati in mind on your next staycation in the city.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel is clean and very accessible to restaurants, shops, etc. staff is super friendly, helpful and cheerful. A bit confusing at first because there are two hotels in one property (the other one is Raffles). Will definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Thelma T

Dear Thelma T,

I'm delighted to learn that you and your family will stay with us again in the near future due to your recent stay experience. I'm happy that you had a wonderful stay and that you find our hotel colleagues very friendly.

On your next visit to Fairmont Makati, do explore Raffles Makati as well. You will find our other restaurants, Writers Bar and Long Bar. They both provide an enjoyable dining experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I loved staying at Fairmont for a couple of days. The hotel interiors are intricate, the staff are warm, the facilities are top notch but the breakfast buffet is somehow limited as compared to other five star hotels within the vicinity. But I love their Cafe Macaron though! They serve one of the best macaron flavors there! Every bite is nostalgic, will keep you wanting more. Overall, I like Fairmont. I just wish they'd improve their food choices.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank LeMisstache

Dear littlemisstache,

I'm glad to learn that you loved your stay at Fairmont Makati. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Thank you very much for your kind words on our interior design, the service of our hotel colleagues and our facilities. I'm happy that you and your family enjoyed your time.

I'm also delighted to hear that you're a fan of our Cafe Macaron. I completely agree with you, our macarons are just absolutely divine. Even if you're not checked in, please feel free to drop by Cafe Macaron at your free time for your macaron fix.

I have taken note of your inputs in regards to our breakfast spread. I wish to thank you for your feedback, I will make sure that your comment reaches our chefs.

Thank you once again and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Centrally located in the heart the shopping triangle of Greenbelt, Landmark, Glorietta - all within walking distance. Excellent breakfast to start the day with wide variety of choices. Service is great

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank leshirls
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear leshirls,

Thank you for sharing with us the things you enjoyed most during your stay at Fairmont Makati.

I'm glad we were able to serve you superb breakfast and extend exceptional service.

I hope you had a wonderful experience. Please do keep us in mind on your next trip to Manila.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Fairmont is a newer hotel my wife and I stayed at twice (3 nights and 1 night) while in Makati. The building appeared to be split between Raffles and Fairmont and taxi drivers are more familiar with Raffles. We found it very conveniently located across the street from 3 malls (Greenbelt, Glorietta and Landmark) with endless options for restaurants and bars.

The service was excellent with hotel staff always on hand to assist with anything you need. The rooms are well appointed and clean. They had those fantastic rainshower setups with strong water pressure. Breakfast was good and I particularly liked the selection of Filipino food and fresh fruit juices. There was a hiccup during both of our stays where I was initially told that breakfast was not included but it was quickly resolved. I'm not sure if this is the hotel's fault or if this is due to me booking through hotels.com. They also have relatively fast and reliable internet which is complimentary for President' Club members (free to join).

The only gripe I have is that the irons in both rooms I stayed in were barely functional. Would definitely consider Fairmont Makati again when I return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Miguel G

Dear Miguel G,

It was a pleasure to have you and your wife stay with us during your trip to Manila.

I'm glad that you both had a wonderful experience. Thank you for considering the service of our hotel colleagues as excellent. I'm delighted to learn that they were able to assist you with your needs during your stay.

I wish to thank you for your kind words about our guest rooms and breakfast offerings. Filipino food is definitely a cuisine that I enjoy myself, especially the traditional breakfast dishes.

I took note of your feedback regarding your breakfast arrangement. If there's anything we can assist you with to resolve this issue, whether you made your booking through hotels.com or our website, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Reservations team via email: reservations.makati@fairmont.com.

I'm glad to learn that you will be staying with us again should your travels take you back to the Philippines. I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back.