“Excellent service, great hotel”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Makati
Perth, Australia
“Excellent service, great hotel”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed one night on the Gold level of this hotel after a difficult two weeks working in rural typhoon-affected Philippines.

Experienced consistently excellent service from all the staff - definitely the best feature of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear CharlesCQ,

Was your visit due to lending a hand to the typhoon victims in Leyte? If yes, I wish to thank you for your admirable efforts.

I'm glad we were able to provide you a relaxing experience. I hope we were able to provide you the comfort that you needed to recover from a tiring week.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We booked fairmont makati months out from our visit, having never stayed at a fairmont we weren't sure what to expect.. But from the minute we were met by the friendly hotel staff member at the airport we experienced the highest levels of service, friendliness and efficiency from everyone we had interactions with!
We were whisked away in the hotel BMW from the airport in minutes and arrived at the hotel within about 10 minutes. Porters quickly whisked away our bags and escorted us to reception.. We were checked in without delay and escorted to the lifts. Upon entering our room we were wowed we booked a fairmont gold room and it was worth every cent! From all the mod cons you would expect to a beautiful arrangement of chocolates as a welcome gift and after 15 hours of traveling we were very happy to have a lovely shower with the massive rain shower head and get into the big comfy bed. But this wasn't the best of it..
Breakfast- one of the biggest selections I've ever seen and top both service
Pool- pool attendants waiting to escort you to your chairs and help with towels food drink etc
Club lounge- this was the real wow for us, having experienced many club lounges throughout aus this was just amazing.. Wide array of canapés hot and cold many selections of wine beer and spirits a a well as delicious champas.. But all of this topped off with the warmest and friendliest service. All the girls were so lovely but special mention to elenny who was so warm and genuinely nice- a great asset to your establishment.
All in all we both agree the fairmont is amazing and one of the best hotels in the world. Do yourself a favour and stay here while in manila you won't regret it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bowfins,

Thank you for trying a Fairmont brand this time around. We're honored to be the first Fairmont hotel you stayed in and I'm glad we were able to provide you a wonderful experience.

I know you had a long flight and I'm glad that our hotel colleagues were able to provide you a fast, comfortable and relaxing check-in process. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your room and find every detail and amenity worth it. I'm also happy to know that you were impressed with our breakfast spread including the privacy and exclusive privileges offered at the Fairmont Gold Lounge.

Above all, I wish to thank you for giving recognition to the Fairmont Makati colleagues - from those that are in the pool, lobby and at the Gold Lounge. Thank you for your graciousness. I'm delighted that they are the big reason why you considered your stay with us amazing.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we look forward to your continued visits.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I've stayed here 2x in the past few months. In October 2013, I stayed for 8 days on a business trip. Its a very comfortable hotel. One complaint is that room service is not fantastic (and I ate it often). 2nd trip I stayed with my fiance for the weekend in transit. Again, really comfortable stay. He had one of the best burgers of his life for lunch on both days -- kept talking about it for weeks afterwards. Maybe it's best to go to the restaurants to eat! Gym is probably one of the best hotel gyms I've seen in a while. I also went to the spa and salon - both good. I had an excellent massage!

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing the pool -- seemed to be quieter than the rooms facing the other direc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear rajionthereddot,

I wisht to thank you for your patronage. Thank you for always choosing to stay at Fairmont Makati during your visits to Manila. Were you able to try our room service on your second stay? I would be interested to hear on whether we were successful in making some improvements. Please let me know.

I'm glad that we were able to provide your fiance an unforgettable gastronomic experience. I'm happy to learn that you both enjoyed dining in our restaurants.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our recreational facilities. I'll make sure to share with Willow Stream your gracious comment on their massage treatment.

I'm sure we will be welcoming you back again in the near future. Safe journeys and see you soon.

Stansbury Park, Utah
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This was my husband's second stay (there on business) and my first (there on vacation). It was also my first stay in a 5-star hotel, and I was a bit intimidated at first by the large, elegant lobby with live music (each evening) and all the uniformed porters and beautifully dressed young women at the front desk. It didn't take long to get used to it, though, and I enjoyed our three nights there. Our room was large, immaculate, and comfortable. Even though it was a large hotel, the staff greeted us by name with a genuine smile each morning at breakfast, as did one of the porters each time he saw us.

Speaking of breakfast, it was the biggest breakfast bar I've ever seen, with offerings typical of American, European, and Asian breakfasts. Everything, including the bread, seemed to be freshly made right there. I was pleasantly surprised to find a different delicious gluten-free bread available each morning. Breakfast was my favorite part of staying there.

Another thing I enjoyed was the hotel's location right across the street from a couple of malls and Landmark department store, and the fact that I felt perfectly safe walking around by myself in that area while my husband was working.

The morning we checked out we needed help making sure our reservations were certain for our flight to El Nido, Palawan. The concierge made the necessary phone calls and personally made sure that we were taken care of, giving us a lot of peace of mind.

The reason for the "4" rating (wish I could make it 4-1/2) was the frustratingly unreliable wi-fi in our room. At one point, my husband spent at least a half hour on the phone with a member of the hotel staff to try to get it working. We were able to do what we needed to do online, but not much more.

Overall, our impressions were very positive and we'd stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Beth H,

It's our pleasure to welcome you to Manila and to Fairmont Makati. I'm glad that you were able to take time to fly out to the Philippines to accompany your husband in his business trip. How was your overall trip?

Thank you for sharing such kind words about our hotel. I'm glad to know that you liked our facilities. Thank you as well for giving gracious feedback on our hotel colleagues, I'm happy to learn that they made you feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay with us, and were able to assist you regarding your flight to El Nido.

I'm delighted to know that our breakfast was the highlight of your stay - which dish did you enjoy the most?

I wish to thank you once again for your positive comments. I have taken note of the challenge your husband experienced with our Internet connection. Thank you for sharing this with us as it gives us an opportunity to review what went wrong and make the necessary adjustments.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location! Right at the heart of the Ayala shopping complex. Everything is a walking distance away! Restaurants, cinemas and shops! The standard room looks like a suite with so much space ! The bed is huge and so is the toilet. The price is surprisingly low and the hotel is quite new. First class amenities! Reservation is quick and simple considering it was Valentine's Day! Keep it up.
I'm coming back and I'm taking the whole family!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank familymanManila
Dear familymanManila,

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some leisurely activities during your stay with us.

I'm happy to learn that you find your room spacious and enjoyed the amenities provided during your stay. I'm also delighted to know that your booking experience was swift and easy.

I look forward to welcoming you back with your family soon. Thank you once again for your gracious feedback.

Boston MA
Reviewed March 13, 2014

It's a very comfortable hotel--but it's the staff that make it really exceptional. At all levels, they were quick to help in any way, always charming, always efficient. They went way out of their way to help when my son had a medical crisis while here on a business trip.
As for the hotel itself: I especially liked the big tub, the separate big shower, the beautiful big pool, and the attractive fitness room (and the trainer who volunteered to help with my stretches).

Room Tip: Nicer view overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear grannyB,

I'm happy to learn that we were able to provide you a comfortable stay. I couldn't agree more -- I believe that it's the service that makes a stay experience memorable and I wish to thank you for commending the efforts of our hotel colleagues.

Please send my personal regards to your son, I'm glad we were able to assist during such time of need.

I'd like to send more thanks your way for giving positive feedback on our guest room and amenities. I'm glad that your overall stay with us was wonderful.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at Fairmont Hotel only for one night. The location of the hotel is amazing. It is located next to the Greenbelt, Landmark and Glorietta malls.The rooms are very clean and nice. The bed is very comfortable.
You should definitely try the swimming pool that is located on the fifth floor. The pool bar has a variety of good selections. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maskan83
Dear Maskan83,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont Makati during your recent visit. I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us.

I'm happy to know that you had a relaxing time in our swimming pool and enjoyed the menu offerings at our Pool Bar.

Thank you very much for recommending us. I do hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Manila.